Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

John rudkin

To say Pearson attracted players - what planet are you on???? To say players played for Pearson is absolute rubbish. Players play for themselves. I have not heard of any walking out in support of Pearson or going on strike??? People are so clueless....... Pearson lost so many quality players such as Bamba, Knockeart, Gradell etc all because they had a personality. Why on earth does the club or Rudkin have to come and say anything just to satisfy the narrow mindness of some so called fans. Comments like that make us a laughing stock...

Funniest thing I've ever read on here, for too many reasons

I can't go into them, but I will say

Who did Cambiasso sign for & who hasn't he re-signed for?

Who did Krameric & Huth sign for even though we were bottom of the division at the time?

Who did Okazaki & Fuchs sign for?

Who did Schlupp renew for, despite considerable interest elsewhere?

And as for supposedly quality players leaving because they had a personality? What utter bollox, total and complete & utter bollox

Bamba was a complete & total liability, Knockaert was an excellent Championship player & he was offered a new deal, but for a considerable time he's had family issues... And Gradel? lol, he wasn't 100% up to it at that time, Pearson didn't want him sold, Hoos did & then NP agreed as long as it wasn't to a rival, Hoos promptly then sold him to Leeds, who were a direct rival at the time. 

And as for players playing for themselves? There is an added je ne sais quoi which a manager brings to a collection of players that makes them more than any old collection of players, a togetherness & spirit where players go the extra mile for each other. Not for the manager, especially when the manager is all about the strength of the unit, not a collection of individuals.... If it was that simple, then Sven's All-Star Championship line-up, would have walked the division rather than not even troubled the playoffs

To say Pearson attracted players - what planet are you on???? To say players played for Pearson is absolute rubbish. Players play for themselves. I have not heard of any walking out in support of Pearson or going on strike??? People are so clueless....... Pearson lost so many quality players such as Bamba, Knockeart, Gradell etc all because they had a personality. Why on earth does the club or Rudkin have to come and say anything just to satisfy the narrow mindness of some so called fans. Comments like that make us a laughing stock...

post of the year

We're absolutely hopeless. What another disaster. The owners have a lot to answer for. This is the third consecutive transfer window we've failed miserably in. Unless by some miracle Claudio can bring in some additional quality we're going to finish bottom of the league. This complete fiasco feels like beginning of the end and another 10-20 year stint in the lower leagues. I'm not sure I can bare to watch the first game of the season. So depressing.

COR BLIMEY GUVNA

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a few people were a bit hasty on this one.

Assuming we complete the Inler deal today our summer business will look like this:

In:

Gokhan Inler - £5 million

Robert Huth - £3 million

Christian Fuchs - Free

N'Golo Kante - £5.6 million

Yohan Benalouane - £5.6 million

Shinji Okazaki - £7 million

Out:

Chris Wood - £2.5 million

David Nugent - £4 million

That's pretty good business in anybody's book. Rudkin can't take all the credit for that but surely he deserves some recognition for what looks to be a pretty successful transfer window.

He shouldn't take credit, just as he shouldn't be lambasted when things don't go our way. None of us really know what he does or if he's good / bad at what he does.

He's a 'Director of Football', so presumably he's in charge of the club's football operations?

He's highly-regarded.

He's a 'Director of Football', so presumably he's in charge of the club's football operations?

He's highly-regarded.

Yeah I know his job title.

He might be highly regarded... but on here we've flip flopped from "Rudkin is great", to "Rudkin is shit" about 5 times already since the end of last season. Sign a player "yay he's great", miss out on a player "booo he's rubbish".

Nobody has a clue.

He shouldn't take credit, just as he shouldn't be lambasted when things don't go our way. None of us really know what he does or if he's good / bad at what he does.

I agree with your point but I would be very surprised if as DOF he doesn't have a major say / role in the recruitment process.

Yeah I know his job title.

He might be highly regarded... but on here we've flip flopped from "Rudkin is great", to "Rudkin is shit" about 5 times already since the end of last season. Sign a player "yay he's great", miss out on a player "booo he's rubbish".

Nobody has a clue.

Nobody has a clue about much of what goes on behind the stands at the KP but doesn't stop people having an opinion ,and that's cool it's what makes the world turn , opinions , maybe Instead of being dismissive and shouting people down appriciate peoples contribution

What we can see is what's happening on the field since he has taken over have improved in signings and on field play , what ever his role , he could be curling the hairs on tops big toe for all I care , as the director of football it's fair and reasonable to praise his work when the football is good and signings working

Maybe a few people were a bit hasty on this one.

Assuming we complete the Inler deal today our summer business will look like this:

In:

Gokhan Inler - £5 million

Robert Huth - £3 million

Christian Fuchs - Free

N'Golo Kante - £5.6 million

Yohan Benalouane - £5.6 million

Shinji Okazaki - £7 million

Out:

Chris Wood - £2.5 million

David Nugent - £4 million

That's pretty good business in anybody's book. Rudkin can't take all the credit for that but surely he deserves some recognition for what looks to be a pretty successful transfer window.

We paid 5 and a half for benalouane? He's an absolute clogger and an idiot, almost cost us 3 points with his ****ery.

So was the owners money.

Wymeswold made a good point and you just skipped right over it.

Rudkin has been an academy coach since the 1990s and became its director before the 2003/4 season.

In 2007, our u18s won the FA Youth Premier League.

His academy has developed Jeff Schlupp, Andy King, and Liam Moore (along with other prospects that have since moved on).

He did all this before King Power bought the club.

Our academy wasn't La Masia, but there's no doubt Rudkin had a significant hand in its improved performance reputation through the 2000s.

Wymeswold made a good point and you just skipped right over it.

Rudkin has been an academy coach since the 1990s and became its director before the 2003/4 season.

In 2007, our u18s won the FA Youth Premier League.

His academy has developed Jeff Schlupp, Andy King, and Liam Moore (along with other prospects that have since moved on).

He did all this before King Power bought the club.

Our academy wasn't La Masia, but there's no doubt Rudkin had a significant hand in its improved performance reputation through the 2000s.

I didn't skip over it at all, I'll admit I misread it. I thought he meant the category one status that was recently gained.

We paid 5 and a half for benalouane? He's an absolute clogger and an idiot, almost cost us 3 points with his ****ery.

St Pauli Rayo and Leicester City

Humm the anti facist , Marxist fox lol LOL

Supporting the leicester away in the 80's and 90's with the Squad around would have been a serious clash of ideologies for you lol

I have been to the Hamburger Derby with a celtic group about 5 or 6 years ago think it was a draw the game , was an interesting weekend and a facinating experience :)

Nobody has a clue about much of what goes on behind the stands at the KP but doesn't stop people having an opinion ,and that's cool it's what makes the world turn , opinions , maybe Instead of being dismissive and shouting people down appriciate peoples contribution

I'm meant to appreciate opinions that people admit they are basically just guessing about? Nah you're alright thanks. I can have an opinion on rocket science, but if I know nothing about it what's the point?

We've already had three threads this year about how shit he is (when I defended the bloke). People are ridiculously reactionary, sign someone he's great, don't sign someone and he's shit. Them signing or not signing could have nothing to do with him.

What we can see is what's happening on the field since he has taken over have improved in signings and on field play , what ever his role , he could be curling the hairs on tops big toe for all I care , as the director of football it's fair and reasonable to praise his work when the football is good and signings working

You don't find offering praise out to someone who could just be throwing money around left right and centre and doing little of note a bit troubling?

I'm meant to appreciate opinions that people admit they are basically just guessing about? Nah you're alright thanks. I can have an opinion on rocket science, but if I know nothing about it what's the point?

We've already had three threads this year about how shit he is (when I defended the bloke). People are ridiculously reactionary, sign someone he's great, don't sign someone and he's shit. Them signing or not signing could have nothing to do with him.

You don't find offering praise out to someone who could just be throwing money around left right and centre and doing little of note a bit troubling?

He has served his apprenticeship in the organisation I'm sure he knows what he is doing , as director of football at this point things are. Going well so I think it's fair and balanced to praise him

I take your point it's all a bit reactionary at times , it's a fair point

He has served his apprenticeship in the organisation I'm sure he knows what he is doing , as director of football at this point things are. Going well so I think it's fair and balanced to praise him

I take your point it's all a bit reactionary at times , it's a fair point

I bet Fred Goodwin had served his apprenticeship too. I think the point Babylon is making is that none of us can really know if he is doing a good

or bad job because we don't have enough information.

Archived