Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

John rudkin

You'd expect it to be easier to attract players this summer than last due to the footballing world witnessing what we're made of last season and being less concerned about our likelihood of relegation but on the other hand it gets harder and harder to find players who are better than what we already have in most positions. I remember the position O'neill got in at Villa (and with us to a degree) where he would need to spend 6-7 million to upgrade any position. 4-5 million bought them squad players but didn't improve the starting 11 or take them to the next level.

Overall a very tidy summer, would just like some better cover than Simpson at right back and a fifth striker but to be a competitive 5th striker amongst our current options you're talking big money again (there's a guy at Boro, always laughing, good link up play, Nugget or something like that, valued around four and a half million....)

I bet Fred Goodwin had served his apprenticeship too. I think the point Babylon is making is that none of us can really know if he is doing a good

or bad job because we don't have enough information.

Fred Goodwin did and HE ****ED UP

Rudkin did and as the "director of football" is doing ok now

Who knows maybe Ranieri is only a puppet and Top is picking the team , of course that's crazy but it still fits under "no one really knows what's going on"

I think the man is doing a fantastic job as he did with academy etc.....

I can't stand him! He is smarby and arrogant. I heard he played a huge role in Pearsons sacking and I hate him for it!

He has failed task 1 as far as I am concerned. Keep the team and squad together. Well knockeart has left, cambiasso said he doesn't fancy it and Pearson has been fired, all since he took over his job role. Good job tour doing there John!

Heard this too

Funny reading some of the pessimism from a few weeks back lol

I stand by my pessimism towards him. Our scouts play the majority of our recruitment process, Rudkin just gets them to sign on the dotted line. Owners have had to stump up a lot more dough this close season to secure these players your all talking about. If it doesn't pay off, then there will be a lot of people out the door come next July. Owners expect top half finish after their investment. (As with all info take it or leave it)

I stand by my pessimism towards him. Our scouts play the majority of our recruitment process, Rudkin just gets them to sign on the dotted line. Owners have had to stump up a lot more dough this close season to secure these players your all talking about. If it doesn't pay off, then there will be a lot of people out the door come next July. Owners expect top half finish after their investment. (As with all info take it or leave it)

Paying more each season is always going to happen. Especially with the new TV deal for next year. Everyone knows teams in the PL have lots of money, and that it is increasing.

Last year we complained we didn't sign enough people or deals fell through. This year we are presumably spending more to make deals happen. Yet we are still complaining.

The amounts we are paying or rumoured to be offering are not that high in PL terms.

I was one who thought we needed to show some urgency in our close season preparations and especially the signing up of new players but I don't think Rudkin's done badly so far, as a seemingly important cog in our recruitment machine.

He'll never find favour with some because of his perceived "distance" from our then manager but he's certainly run the Academy acceptably and even successfully in some ways.

I still don't think we've brought enough players past the final hurdles of development up to first team level level even accepting that the required standards are improving dramatically now but Rudkin might think it's hardly his fault or responsibility once they become seniors although that might have changed of late.

No, at first glance I'm delighted with our signings and never expected us to get everyone we were chasing. I just hope we keep the standard up and keep competing, which it appears we are doing admirably so far.  

I was one who thought we needed to show some urgency in our close season preparations and especially the signing up of new players but I don't think Rudkin's done badly so far, as a seemingly important cog in our recruitment machine.

He'll never find favour with some because of his perceived "distance" from our then manager but he's certainly run the Academy acceptably and even successfully in some ways.

I still don't think we've brought enough players past the final hurdles of development up to first team level level even accepting that the required standards are improving dramatically now but Rudkin might think it's hardly his fault or responsibility once they become seniors although that might have changed of late.

No, at first glance I'm delighted with our signings and never expected us to get everyone we were chasing. I just hope we keep the standard up and keep competing, which it appears we are doing admirably so far.  

Whilst we're bumming Rudkin... Is it ok to blame him for releasing the likes of Tomlin and Clucas who sold for about £5m this summer?

Whilst we're bumming Rudkin... Is it ok to blame him for releasing the likes of Tomlin and Clucas who sold for about £5m this summer?

That was 10 and 8 years ago, if he hadn't released them they arguably wouldn't be worth millions now as they would have stagnated and not got a chance here, even if they had stayed at the club, we couldn't have sold them for millions as they wouldn't be in our team so we would be looking to offload. Or they would have left for free when their contract expired.

That was 10 and 8 years ago, if he hadn't released them they arguably wouldn't be worth millions now as they would have stagnated and not got a chance here, even if they had stayed at the club, we couldn't have sold them for millions as they wouldn't be in our team so we would be looking to offload. Or they would have left for free when their contract expired.

Or they could have stayed, played well and got in the first team... point being not knowing the facts doesn't seem to stop being either being up his bum or down his throat depending on which was the window is blowing this week.

From Gokhan Inler's first interview: “The manager was important for me, also the director, Jon Rudkin, and the owners. For me the whole package was very positive because they wanted me and now I’ll give everything. For me it was not so easy because I had many, many teams [chasing me] but in the end I decided with my heart and I came to Leicester City.”

I thought it would be a bit odd if he didn't have a major say in recruitment.

I have no opinion on the guy either way I just thought that he has copped some unnecessary stick over the summer yet he's clearly played a significant role in getting a top class international player to join us otherwise why would Inler mention him personally?

Seems to me the guy is doing a decent job. Would people rather we had Super Terry Robinson at the helm?

Give credit, where credit it is due, he has done a sound job this window (apart from getting that

Anderson chap involved in the failed Aranguiz transfer debacle).

Lets face it, none us know what really goes on behind the scenes, including the so called members of

#ITK society. And dealing with some of these Football Agents must be as painful as watching Florest

every week.

We appear to have succeeded in landing a high proportion of our targets and muscled out a few notable opponents on the way. It's hard to recall us ever having such a productive signing period and, in time, it might be regarded as the time when our club first showed signs of transforming itself from "modest" to "top class".

I don't see this is a five minute wonder either. I think our owners have gradually put the structure in place for us be a threat at any level for a long time and not before time.

It's not just the ambition of the owners that impresses but the way they back up their words with actions - time and again.

What chance the next 10 years being the most exciting we've ever had? And to my mind Rudkin's playing his part for all that he might not be the most popular suit in the corridor to some.         

We appear to have succeeded in landing a high proportion of our targets and muscled out a few notable opponents on the way. It's hard to recall us ever having such a productive signing period and, in time, it might be regarded as the time when our club first showed signs of transforming itself from "modest" to "top class".

I don't this this is a five minute wonder either. I think our owners have gradually put the structure in place for us be a thrat at any level for a long time and not before time.

It's not just the ambition of the owners that impresses but the way they back up their words with actions - time and again. What chance the next 10 years being the most exciting we've ever had? And to my mind Rudkin's playing his part for all that he might not be the most popular suit in the coridor to some.

Watford have signed quite a few international players and beaten a few respected foreign clubs for their signatures - but what chance have they got?

It's certainly fine beating decent clubs for higher calibre players, but the key is that they have to INTEGRATE with how fellow team members play successfully.

Watford have signed quite a few international players and beaten a few respected foreign clubs for their signatures - but what chance have they got?

It's certainly fine beating decent clubs for higher calibre players, but the key is that they have to INTEGRATE with how fellow team members play successfully.

Let's focus on our team rather than Watford. We clearly have a recruitment and it is working. I'd say that's a team effort with Walsh, the manager and Rudkin. Yes we lost out on a few but we aren't buying as randomly as Watford for example. Out of those they bought, they already pretty much owned Vyddra, Juanfran has been loaned back out and Capoue never really did a lot for Spurs. I'm also not ruling them out, I think if anything, they could be the ones to stay up. They have the firepower like we did.

Archived