Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Panic?

Not sure I'm panicking, but I've had a 'sicky' feeling since Pearson got sacked and it's only got worse since Cambiasso said he's leaving. Being linked to Villa as well, if it could get any worse... Feeling more and more sceptical and depressed rather than full of optimism and joy.

Top after 15 games and I might start to feel better...

Concerned about the lack of midfield additions, our weakest area by far.

And before anyone frothing at the mouth jumps in and squeals "give Ranieri a chance, NFP's gone, get over it blah blah", I would be concerned if the great man was still in charge and this was still our midfield line-up.

Lets all panic shall we. Even if we sign no one else we will be going into the season with the same midfield we started with last season minus James but plus a fit Drinkwater and both he and King and to a lesser extent Hammond have all shown they are capable players. We now have Huth, Okazaki, Kramaric and Fuchs on top of what we started with last season, IE better and arguably with a more tactically astute manager. I'd love for a marquee midfielder and we already know CR is working to that end so lets relax shall we.

Lets all panic shall we. Even if we sign no one else we will be going into the season with the same midfield we started with last season minus James but plus a fit Drinkwater and both he and King and to a lesser extent Hammond have all shown they are capable players. We now have Huth, Okazaki, Kramaric and Fuchs on top of what we started with last season, IE better and arguably with a more tactically astute manager. I'd love for a marquee midfielder and we already know CR is working to that end so lets relax shall we.

James started last campaign on crutches.

DD got injured first game

Hammond and king were our CM for the first three games till EC appeared at half time against Stoke.

We defended deep and got lucky at Stoke. Hammond looked less mobile later last season than he had early on. And he's no athlete!

We need at least one CM in within the next seven days. Otherwise, they have no opportunity to settle in whatsoever. I'm not panicking yet but if we are nowhere further on this time next week, I will start to get mildly apoplectic.

I'm concerned.

Particularly CMs, there is a level of understanding required in a partnership. That takes time. Time which is getting smaller.

we are gonna have to sign 2 CMs and lock them in a room until they have made love and have a positional understanding.

I am slightly worried but the fact all 3 new signings so far this summer flew completely under the radar and we're hardly reported before announced, makes me feel better! The club must be working very hard to keep a lid on these things as we have seen before it is not easy to sign players in the prem and other clubs with lesser scouting networks *cough villa cough* jump on the bandwagon!!

Not yet no, we are in a better position than we were last season player wise. And we got 3 top results with a midfield that we still have now. We will strengthen before the start of the season and I am actually quite optimistic we will be fine and people need to stop worrying its quite sad that people worry this much about something that you have absolutely no control on what so ever. Turn up on the 8th and support which ever team CR goes with.

When will we start to panic about getting a couple of MF's in?

It's two weeks and two days away to KO against Sunderland?

We're not really hearing anything concrete and regurgitating the same old names and rumours.

It would be criminal to go into the Sunderland game with King & Drinkwater and only Hammond to cover.

Must get my eyes tested thought that said starting to panic about getting a couple of MILFS in !! ;)

I'm not in a panic, but I'm not happy. It's back to square one for the PL next season; and that was stressful last season. No real signings on the horizon that I can see.....so dog fight it is then !  Wait to see what CR can pull in for Jan transfers. 42 points here we come?

Archived