Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

For him to dismiss us so publicly I find it disrespectful. I hope we withdraw our bid stating we are a club too big for him and we need players of a higher standard. We wish him all the best and hope he chokes on his sauerkraut.

we certainly need players who want to be here, who buy into the vision of building a top side. It he doesn't, then actually we don't want him. I think you're right - we should say that!"!

For him to dismiss us so publicly I find it disrespectful. I hope we withdraw our bid stating we are a club too big for him and we need players of a higher standard. We wish him all the best and hope he chokes on his sauerkraut.

LISTEN! if he signs for us he will give us his all. This is a top class inerational player we're talking about not Josh Low. 

We're not dealing with "little fish" anymore. 

If anything, it's some of our deluded brain dead fans that need to progress imto the Prem (I don't personally mean you)

Its time to let this one go I think. We should withdraw our offer and look elsewhere. He's obviously not up to the challenge and he clearly has doubts about his own ability hence why he is holding out for the easy option. He would stand out more at Leicester if he performed as well as he can, he must think that he cant which isn't the kind of player mentality that we need. Lets move on and get someone with some self respect instead.

LISTEN! if he signs for us he will give us his all. This is a top class inerational player we're talking about not Josh Low.

We're not dealing with "little fish" anymore.

If anything, it's some of our deluded brain dead fans that need to progress imto the Prem (I don't personally mean you)

I am listening

I do realize he is a top class international.

I realize if he signed he would give his all as we would be paying his wages.

I also realize we are in the premiership and should be targeting players of the highest calibre.

I don't believe my comment referenced any doubt in this.

My point is that if his public comments are true. I find it unprofessional and disrespectful. There are many more top class internationals and I hope we target one that has a bit more respect for the club I love.

I don't know why. Half of the fans of other prem teams would probably struggle to name our team at present.

Our owners have money to burn and are quite willing to spend it. This was the same for Man City and Chelsea when they were looking to break into the Prem elite. The difference for them is that everybody had already heard of Manchester (United) and the other is in based in and around one of the most saught after places to live in the world.

All we can do is keep knocking on the doors of superstars and eventually one will come. Hopefully this will lead to another then another etc. After all if living in a great city was all footballers wanted Juventus would be no where as Turin is described as one of the ugliest cities in Italy.

Its time to let this one go I think. We should withdraw our offer and look elsewhere. He's obviously not up to the challenge and he clearly has doubts about his own ability hence why he is holding out for the easy option. He would stand out more at Leicester if he performed as well as he can, he must think that he cant which isn't the kind of player mentality that we need. Lets move on and get someone with some self respect instead.

A lot of funny assumptions in one single post.

We're highly likely to be in talks with several midfielders and their agents at the same time.

And as "not being up to the challenge" - if he's going Leverkusen, it's going to be because of the Champions League influence. And that's not in any way easier than trying to help Leicester City FC maintain its position within the Premier League.

A lot of funny assumptions in one single post.

We're highly likely to be in talks with several midfielders and their agents at the same time.

And as "not being up to the challenge" - if he's going Leverkusen, it's going to be because of the Champions League influence. And that's not in any way easier than trying to help Leicester City FC maintain its position within the Premier League.

The challenge I was referring to was turning Leicester into a top 6 side which is what the owners have publicly expressed in the past. That challenge is far more difficult then the challenge he will get at Leverkusen which will be qualifying for the champions league every season which will be pretty easy in their league. That's as far as it goes for them really because they are not going to win the Bundesliga any time soon (certainly before Aranguiz retires) and they are definitely never going to win the Champions League. I don't see going there as a challenge as they are already as good as they will probably ever be.

The challenge I was referring to was turning Leicester into a top 6 side which is what the owners have publicly expressed in the past. That challenge is far more difficult then the challenge he will get at Leverkusen which will be qualifying for the champions league every season which will be pretty easy in their league. That's as far as it goes for them really because they are not going to win the Bundesliga any time soon (certainly before Aranguiz retires) and they are definitely never going to win the Champions League. I don't see going there as a challenge as they are already as good as they will probably ever be.

You don't turn LCFC into a Top Six side overnight - and where did the owners ever state that publicly? As far as I know, they wanted to convert us into an established Premier League side that can keep up with the top sides in the league within three years and maybe, maybe challenge for a spot in a European competition:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27387616

But that was following promotion to the Premier League when spirits were still high - and before last August, our owners had no pre-existing experience whatsoever in managing a top-flight football club, so it remains to be seen whether their rather optimistic calculations will work out or not in the two years to come.

It's no guarantee Leverkusen are going to qualify for the Champions League "every season", mainly because there's too many Bundesliga clubs in the middle of the table that can potentially even do better than in the past or that have underperformed recently (Dortmund being the prime example). The challenge is to push Bayer 04 even further up the table or maintain its position as a Top Four club and potentially hope for an exploit in the DFB Cup or the Champions or Europa League.

No team is going to challenge Bayern Munich any time soon for the title. VfL Wolfsburg are close, and so are Mönchengladbach - but they'll need another season or two to gel even further.

I am listening

I do realize he is a top class international.

I realize if he signed he would give his all as we would be paying his wages.

I also realize we are in the premiership and should be targeting players of the highest calibre.

I don't believe my comment referenced any doubt in this.

:nigel:

My head has always readied me for disappointment with these players we're after while my heart hopes each time.

I can understand those saying time to move on ... but I remember not so long ago Kante making it clear where he wanted to go and look what seems to have happened there. If we stubbornly refuse to accept we're beat and if the parties involved in selling hold on to their demands and if BL don't budge in the price they offer then perhaps this deal isn't completely dead.

He's the kind of player we need to make that next step. And he certainly seems to be in for at the moment.

You don't turn LCFC into a Top Six side overnight - and where did the owners ever state that publicly? As far as I know, they wanted to convert us into an established Premier League side that can keep up with the top sides in the league within three years and maybe, maybe challenge for a spot in a European competition:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27387616

But that was following promotion to the Premier League when spirits were still high - and before last August, our owners had no pre-existing experience whatsoever in managing a top-flight football club, so it remains to be seen whether their rather optimistic calculations will work out or not in the two years to come.

It's no guarantee Leverkusen are going to qualify for the Champions League "every season", mainly because there's too many Bundesliga clubs in the middle of the table that can potentially even do better than in the past or that have underperformed recently (Dortmund being the prime example). The challenge is to push Bayer 04 even further up the table or maintain its position as a Top Four club and potentially hope for an exploit in the DFB Cup or the Champions or Europa League.

No team is going to challenge Bayern Munich any time soon for the title. VfL Wolfsburg are close, and so are Mönchengladbach - but they'll need another season or two to gel even further.

The owners did say top 5 by the end of next season though. To be honest I think they got a bit carried away with those comments but having said that I'd be disappointed if we aren't in the top 7 or 8 by then because of those comments. If Southampton can do it we can. The Bayer challenge sounds boring.

24/05/15 - Never been prouder to be a Leicester fan.

30/06/15 - Pearson sacked.

01/08/15 - Never been more embarrassed to be a Leicester fan.

:pearson:

Seriously? Premier league, good crowds, financially stable.

Take it you are a new fan then? Cos being relegated to league one was pretty embarrassing, you need to cheer up mate

Other than the tweets where he's allegedly been 'disrespectful' about not wanting to join us, is there another source?

I'd be surprised if a pro player would say such things so publicly, to be honest. If he has, I'm sure the translation has made it sound worse than what he's actually said.

Other than the tweets where he's allegedly been 'disrespectful' about not wanting to join us, is there another source?

I'd be surprised if a pro player would say such things so publicly, to be honest. If he has, I'm sure the translation has made it sound worse than what he's actually said.

A guy from there country translated it to English! He said it in a video chat too!

Archived