Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Do we actually know that any of the quotes attributed to him actually came from him?

I consider it somewhat odd that we're interested enough for sky to be reporting it but he has zero interest in coming.

Surely the first thing you do when you're interested in signing a player is ascertain that he'd come to you?

I don't doubt most people would choose the champions league over us and I'm not clutching at straws holding out for this to be done.

But it seems to me the only reason people are giving up is that an unverified source in South America claims to have interviewed him and he doesn't want to play for us.

Correct? We know absolutely nothing about the credibility of the source, it's not come directly from the player or his agent via twitter etc?

I don't see why anyone thinks this is particularly conclusive either way.

Didn't Cambiasso's brother state before he signed that he had no interest in coming to Leicester? Then lo and behold.

He's trying to force Inters hand, it weakens his position to say anything other than he doesn't want to come here.

If inter don't play ball or Bayer don't up their offer then he has two choice, stay or come here... And he wants to come to Europe.

This.

It's a blinking contest between Aranguiz and his club.

If we assume that Internacional won't sell for less than €15m and assume nobody else offers it then there are two possible outcomes.

1) He stays at Internacional on £10,000 a week.

2) He joins Leicester for £50,000 a week. 

I'm convinced he won't be an Internacional player this time next month. I think the likely scenario is Bayer Leverkusen up their offer to about €12m and it get's accepted.

It's still possible though that Aranguiz owners know he has more riding on this than they do and give him Hobson's choice about joining us. I wouldn't be surprised that we get him a day or two before transfer deadline with a lot of sweetners in his contract that gives him the option to go to a bigger club next season for little more than we paid for him.

Do we actually know that any of the quotes attributed to him actually came from him?

I consider it somewhat odd that we're interested enough for sky to be reporting it but he has zero interest in coming.

Surely the first thing you do when you're interested in signing a player is ascertain that he'd come to you?

I don't doubt most people would choose the champions league over us and I'm not clutching at straws holding out for this to be done.

But it seems to me the only reason people are giving up is that an unverified source in South America claims to have interviewed him and he doesn't want to play for us.

Correct? We know absolutely nothing about the credibility of the source, it's not come directly from the player or his agent via twitter etc?

Didn't Cambiasso's brother state before he signed that he had no interest in coming to Leicester? Then lo and behold.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/internacional/noticia/2015/08/aranguiz-descarta-clube-ingles-e-pede-para-jogar-na-alemanha-me-deixe-ir.html

How many times honestly does it have to be said!!! He said it on camera for crying out loud

This.

It's a blinking contest between Aranguiz and his club.

If we assume that Internacional won't sell for less than €15m and assume nobody else offers it then there are two possible outcomes.

1) He stays at Internacional on £10,000 a week.

2) He joins Leicester for £50,000 a week. 

I'm convinced he won't be an Internacional player this time next month. I think the likely scenario is Bayer Leverkusen up their offer to about €12m and it get's accepted.

It's still possible though that Aranguiz owners know he has more riding on this than they do and give him Hobson's choice about joining us. I wouldn't be surprised that we get him a day or two before transfer deadline with a lot of sweetners in his contract that gives him the option to go to a bigger club next season for little more than we paid for him.

Again, you are assuming the result is Leicester or stay.

Little incentive for Bayer to increase their bid. He has said he won't accept our offer.

So the owners get nothing (now) if he stays at inter, or €9.8m if he goes to Bayer.

We tried and failed. Stoke failed with Shaqiri but have been succesful with Bojan/Affellay - all part of the process of building and improving. I do think we would benefit from a higher profile/more experienced (in football terms) chief exec/technical director to aid the DOF/manager though.

You can't miss what you you've never had. We seem to forget we are a good team. We have managed to keep every player ( including Huth) from last season except Cambiasso. We needed a midfielder of a higher standard regardless of cambo staying and Kante seems to be that man. That leaves one or two positions to fill(cb/mf) this mad rush/disappointment when we miss out on someone is really not needed.

Watford seem to have spent money for fun - they are likely to start the season with Capoue and Behrami in centre midfield - I doubt anyone would begrudge them that pairing.

http://zh.clicrbs.com.br/rs/esportes/inter/noticia/2015/08/o-que-esta-por-tras-do-nao-de-charles-aranguiz-ao-leicester-4815512.html

Phone calls between entrepreneurs and the player, numerous messaging and even an eye to eye conversation between the president Vitorio Piffero and the steering wheel are among the details of scenes in negative Charles Aránguiz to Leicester on Saturday morning.

Not only the will to act in the Bayer Leverkusen of Germany was decisive and deterrent in trading. The shirt 20 has been instructed by businessman Fernando Felicevitch not to accept any business other than the German club.

- President Piffero even asked to accept the Aránguiz Leicester. It was a good one for Inter, good for the player. I do not understand the reason for the "no" - said a person involved in the negotiations.

Diogo Olivier: the "gentle way" the President of the Inter to sell Aránguiz 
British offer 15 million euros for the steering wheel

Inter accepted the offer of EUR 15 million from Leicester on Wednesday. Two days later, the British sent the Felicevitch wage proposal for Aránguiz. The initial amount was R $ 650,000 every 30 days. Aránguiz not accepted. The British increased the value: R $ 720,000 monthly - triple what shirt 20 receives at the Beira-Rio.

English offer 15 million and Inter asks 72 hours to set sales Aránguiz

The Chilean champion of the Copa America said no to a new cipher. He gave an interview to Globoesporte asking for direction colorada release it to Bayer. There is an understanding in the corridors of Beira-Rio that negative are kind of pressure on the Inter release the player for a smaller amount to EUR 15 million stipulated for eventual sale. Inter and Roberto Moreno, representative of the DIS Group, linked to Delcir probe, businessman owns 50% of Aranguiz rights, they were emphatic: Aránguiz will follow in Porto Alegre.

- He wants to go to Bayer, or to another club than Leicester, to bring the proposed 15 million euros we asked for and accepted. The point is that Cury only mentioned the proposal, there is no letterhead on hand Piffero - says Moreno.

Aránguiz will return to work at Inter. At least that's what promises football direction of the club. The Chilean is expected to restate on Monday in CT Giant Park. Not facing Chapecoense on Sunday at the Beira-Rio. Inter Aránguiz's departure still have many spin-offs and turns.

Archived