Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

A non BL point, third party ownership is now banned by FIFA with existing contracts allowed to run their course. Given inter only own 30% they stand to make €4.5m from the €15m. This doesn't give you much to buy his replacement considering you'll have to buy 100% of the next player they want to sign.

If I was the Inter boss I'd be a very reluctant seller.

Why would anyone want to come to Leicester when they can play in a decent league and play in the champions league, it's hardly surprising, personally I have a lot of respect for him for not just going where the money is

Pretty much this. Just absolutely typical that it seems to be us who ends up being the team who misses out on the rare scenario.

My criticism of Aranguiz, if the quotes are true, is if he's had a bit of a go at us - no need for that is there really? Considering we're the only club who can stump up the money in this case.

I'd move on now. I get he's a very good player but throwing excessive money at him just to change his mind is exactly what I feared would happen upon getting rid of Pearson. We can be better than that. Go for Inler.

I honestly cannot see another outcome considering his ownership and the money involved. He ain't gonna make his agent, part owners or club happy costing them over £5 million euros.

Words from the club vice president suggest they are cheesed off with it all too.

Weird thing is if he does want a stepping stone to EPL then we would be the better option.

If you look at Leverkusen record over the last few years, they've tended to hang around the top 4 in the domestic league without ever really looking like challenging for the title, make their way through the group stages in Europe, before promptly getting dumped out in the first knock out round in February.

Maybe it's just me, but does that not look exactly like what Arsenal do here? I wonder. Would there be as much wailing and gnashing of teeth if he come out and said I would much rather go to Arsenal than Leicester? I doubt it somehow. (Not saying Leverkusen are the same as Arsenal, but they do seem to have the same sort of track record.)

No there wouldn't, people would be more understanding because they're too ignorant to realise Leverkusen are on a different level to us at the minute.

Going for players of this Calibre we have to accept knock backs like this, We have only spent 1 season in the Prem and was bottom for 3 quatres of the season.

The club has ambition to get into Europe so we have to take these risks if we get rejected then we move on.

We are big enough for Esteban Cambiasso but not big enough for a lesser player. Ich verstehe nicht. A phrase he might find useful :rolleyes:

I'd suggest that Cambiasso was nearing the end of his career and publicly stated he wanted to play in the prem.

The Germans league is shit? Yeah. Stuttgart just smashed a near full strength Man City. http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33748458

I love how people slating Leverkusen are the same kind of people who go on other teams forums, then come back on here and bitch that other teams think they're massive.

Oh the irony.

Get over yourselves.

and Mainz lost to Rotherham!

Going for players of this Calibre we have to accept knock backs like this, We have only spent 1 season in the Prem and was bottom for 3 quatres of the season.

The club has ambition to get into Europe so we have to take these risks if we get rejected then we move on.

A bit like asking good looking women out, you will get knocked back from time to time but that should not put you off. :D

The premier league hasn't been close to being the best league in the world for five years and right now its quite a way behind the bundesliga.

Maybe not the best in terms of quality, but bigger across the world, and more competitive.

At least we have more than one club that might win the league, while also having the chance of a club at the bottom of the table beating the one at the top.

Close the thread for **** sake

The deal isn't dead.

If Inter won't accept anything less than €15m and no one but us are willing to pay it then he'll probably come eventually.

When the window closes in a month he might have the choice of joining us or staying at his mid table Brazilian team on £10k a week. He's 26 years old so no spring chicken and can't afford to wait around for another year or so. Leicester can still sweet talk him.

Good post

From what's happened, I assume Cury was the one who set the Bayer interest up. He whispered in Bayer's ear, and they expressed interest. He then must have told Aranguiz that he could get a deal done, helped "sell" Bayer to him, then started brokering between Bayer and Internacional.

Meanwhile, Leicester just went the old-fashioned English way by approaching Internacional directly and offering them a stupendous deal. Aranguiz probably had already mentally packed his bags for Germany and memorized the Champions League theme song, figuring the negotiations were in his and Cury's hands, until the other investors and the club let him know they had other plans.

If the ball's in Aranguiz's court, let him play it--and let Bayer pay the money. I'd be thrilled if Leicester can figure out a way to bring him over, but I can't be mad at the guy if he doesn't want to pull a Robinho.

The deal isn't dead.

If Inter won't accept anything less than €15m and no one but us are willing to pay it then he'll probably come eventually.

When the window closes in a month he might have the choice of joining us or staying at his mid table Brazilian team on £10k a week. He's 26 years old so no spring chicken and can't afford to wait around for another year or so. Leicester can still sweet talk him.

I'd be genuinely concerned if we still made him out top earner after he publicly insulted begged his manager not to make him come here. It's dead.

This is what happens when you reject the mighty foxes.

LUTON SIGN MACKAIL-SMITH

Luton have signed former Peterborough and Brighton striker Craig Mackail-Smith on a two-year deal.

The 31-year-old Scotland international left the Seagulls at the end of last season after scoring 24 goals in 122 appearances during a four-year spell. He impressed with 80 goals in over 185 appearances for the Posh between 2007 and 2011.

Archived