Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Sorry but cba to go threw page after page of bollox what did he say about us

The Leicester City, England, made ​​a proposal which is considered higher. You received this proposal? What is your intention?

Honestly, I did not know anything until now. This proposal has come for President. Nobody asked me if I wanted to go to England or for that team (Leicester). The only person I spoke to at that time was the representative of Bayer. He asked me if I would desire to go, and I said "would love". To make a deal, I think first you should talk to the player and then see the economic issue. Between Bayer and Leicester, I believe the best is Bayer, which is a larger team and can be a good showcase. The whole European team has a regular wage for all players, except Cristiano Ronaldo and great players. So make a little less or more for me it is the same thing. I was wrong not to Inter, I thought it was the best. As I think the best is now the Bayer regardless of salary.

The Leicester City, England, made ​​a proposal which is considered higher. You received this proposal? What is your intention?

Honestly, I did not know anything until now. This proposal has come for President. Nobody asked me if I wanted to go to England or for that team (Leicester). The only person I spoke to at that time was the representative of Bayer. He asked me if I would desire to go, and I said "would love". To make a deal, I think first you should talk to the player and then see the economic issue. Between Bayer and Leicester, I believe the best is Bayer, which is a larger team and can be a good showcase. The whole European team has a regular wage for all players, except Cristiano Ronaldo and great players. So make a little less or more for me it is the same thing. I was wrong not to Inter, I thought it was the best. As I think the best is now the Bayer regardless of salary.

...fair enough.

I don't think we can argue with that to be honest. Sounds like he's not fully money oriented, which is rare these days. I we are all honest BL is a much bigger club than us, and we all know that deep down.

It does concern me that he's a little disrespectful towards us, but that might have been just lost in translation.

Close thread

Reading that, I dont really see where he's being disrespectful to us? Especially with the way it reads, it just seems to me like he's saying that if he could go to Bayer he would prefer it.

That really goes without saying though doesnt it? We dont have any particular status in European football so why would he prefer here?

The Leicester City, England, made ​​a proposal which is considered higher. You received this proposal? What is your intention?Honestly, I did not know anything until now. This proposal has come for President. Nobody asked me if I wanted to go to England or for that team (Leicester). The only person I spoke to at that time was the representative of Bayer. He asked me if I would desire to go, and I said "would love". To make a deal, I think first you should talk to the player and then see the economic issue. Between Bayer and Leicester, I believe the best is Bayer, which is a larger team and can be a good showcase. The whole European team has a regular wage for all players, except Cristiano Ronaldo and great players. So make a little less or more for me it is the same thing. I was wrong not to Inter, I thought it was the best. As I think the best is now the Bayer regardless of salary.

Part of me understands that, part of me thinks he's a whiny little git who I wouldn't want playing for us anyway.

I'd leave our offer on the table with Inter, up to Leverkusen to match it.

Another couple of weeks and the thought of missing out on that standard european wage and an additional £40k a week, he may have a fresh outlook on life in Europe.

Reading that, I dont really see where he's being disrespectful to us? Especially with the way it reads, it just seems to me like he's saying that if he could go to Bayer he would prefer it.

That really goes without saying though doesnt it? We dont have any particular status in European football so why would he prefer here?

Agree completely Bettsy. Can't really see where he'd been disrespectful, maybe a bit dismissive but nothing for some fans to start getting all shitty about. The club tried to sign a top player - fair play to them. It hasn't worked out bit I disagree that it's an embarrassment, if anything its a statement of intent.

Fans getting their fannies in a flap over every little Tweet is embarrassing.

We have gone for a big player and it hasn't worked out.

If you don't ask you don't get. Shows players that we have ambition.

Let's stop over reacting about him turning us down. We are not an embarrassment we are trying to take the club/team to the next level.

Agree completely Bettsy. Can't really see where he'd been disrespectful, maybe a bit dismissive but nothing for some fans to start getting all shitty about. The club tried to sign a top player - fair play to them. It hasn't worked out bit I disagree that it's an embarrassment, if anything its a statement of intent.

Fans getting their fannies in a flap over every little Tweet is embarrassing.

It was way more embarrassing last year when Shaun Maloney chose the MLS rather than joining us.

Fair enough, asked if he wanted to play for BL and he had a think and said yes based on Bundesliga and prospects of CL football. Then we strike a deal with his club who agree a deal without asking him and it would come as a shock. He though has the dilemma of being 26 having had a fantastic Copa America and we seem to be the only club to agree a fee for him. Probably the first time he had even heard of us so you can expect him to be a bit dismissive. I bet at some stage though he has looked into us a bit more and it must have gone through his mind that we are the ones that really want him and we seem to be dangling a very large wad of cash in front of him. So maybe the option to come here as he seems unwanted at Inter and perform for 1 or 2 years with a realistic buy out clause is not such a bad option to showcase his talents.

He does know that approaching a player before the club constitutes tapping up!! Rules must be different in Brazil. Anyway can't fault his honesty and the fact he wants to play in the champs league. From the wording it is pretty clear this move is to showcase him for the bigger clubs.

What perplexes me is, given that our bid's been accepted by his club, the natural next step is that we would be allowed to speak to him. We would be able to put him in the picture as regards what Leicester is all about, and maybe sell the club to him.

Maybe that has happened, but you don't that impression at all from his quote. Given the level of interest shown by us, you'd expect him to be keen to find out more, rather than being instantly dismissive.

Seems a very immature and unprofessional attitude.

Archived