Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

INLER BACK OF THE NET - Signs a 3 year deal.

Some real strength in depth in central midfield now. I just hope claudio has the sense to make Inler work for his place in light of some excellent performances from King and Drinkwater. I'm sure he does.

Agree that we could do with a winger. Obviously Schlupp can step up but I'm rather we brought in a dedicated back up winger. Preferably a youngster with bags of potential.

I don't think he'll start but if he does then I honestly don't know who for.

I really want Drinkwater to continue this form but my worry is when he plays with someone who upstages him (Cambiasso) like last season he shrinks. He's revels as top boy. I hope this isn't the case and a coincidence but I was very surprised at how poor he was last season for most of the season.

This has way too many similarities to the Cambiasso deal. Before he left people were saying he's too slow and has fell off in quality slightly and that he should go, and now that he is gone people are wishing he'd stayed and see him coming back in some capacity later in his career.

If a winger gets injured we'd play Okazaki in the hole, Jeff on the wing, Fuchs and Ulloa/Kramaric up front with Jamie.

In a recent interview Raneiri was saying Shinji would be suited to either position.

Some real strength in depth in central midfield now. I just hope claudio has the sense to make Inler work for his place in light of some excellent performances from King and Drinkwater. I'm sure he does.

Agree with this, not sure why it has to be so definite with some people that players will either be on the bench or in the team. You sign players for the squad, it doesn't automatically mean they'll play. We all said we needed another midfielder and now we've got different options. They can all play their part.

Plus Inler is 31, if he does well it's still unlikely he'll last longer than the 3 years he's contracted for. Younger players like King & Drinkwater will still be around however and if they can learn from players like Inler they'll be better footballers at this level. It would be unwise to alienate players with potential. Drinky in particular is talented enough to be a good Premiership player if he can recapture his form from 2 seasons ago.

So what does this Inler bring to the team other than a cracking shot.

He completed 107% of his passes during his time at Napoli (some of his short balls were so tidy that they were credited as two successful passes on one attempt).

Fabulous signing, Welcome Inler! I don't expect anyone to be pushed out, CR didn't get his "Tinkerman" nick for nothing. I'll expect some rotation as a matter of course and not because of injuries or loss of form, we've got some good cover now.

Still need RB & GK, only 5 teams have let in more goals than us.

Whys everyone jizzing over Drinky again? He was poor last season and i've seen every minute of this season so far and can't say I've seen anything spectacular? His forward passing has been slightly better than last season but still not a patch on Esteban, his defensive game has again been slightly better but I still wouldn't consider it anything any other top half club would be interested in?

Whys everyone jizzing over Drinky again? He was poor last season and i've seen every minute of this season so far and can't say I've seen anything spectacular? His forward passing has been slightly better than last season but still not a patch on Esteban, his defensive game has again been slightly better but I still wouldn't consider it anything any other top half club would be interested in?

Then you need to face the pitch when you support!!

He was excellent on Saturday and more like the Drinky from 13/14!

Archived