Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ashby_fox

Martin Allen Interview - I shouldn't have taken LCFC job.

Both to blame really. If I remember rightly Allen didn't want Hasselbaink because we had Carl cort.

Having said that, if you are going to employ a manager than let him live and die by those decisions.

I wonder how much Mandy changed his approach by the time Pearson got here. All the signings made in league one seemed to be from Nige

• Like 1

His three league matches in charge were not actually that bad. We lost at home to Blackpool but compared to the previous season it was Man United-like football. Good draw at Palace (who reached the play-offs) and thrashed Watford (their only defeat in the first 15 games of the season or so).

But if you get rid of a manager after three fairly decent league games then something is seriously wrong behind the scenes so best in the long run. Allen seemed like a instant impact type manager before losing his way.

A very bizarre three months in the club's history.

I will tell you what Allen did to introduce himself to the staff of Leicester City at the training ground in front of everyone . And I mean everyone !! ,he put a board up at the front of the room with F.I.F.O. wrote on it . He asked the room if anyone knew what it meant ? he then said " it means fit in or **** off " . This is 100% true and was the end before it started . I could tell you about how he treated the non-playing staff at the training ground but F.I.F.O. is enough said . He was basically a twat !!

• Like 1

I use to feel sorry for Martin Allen, as I felt he didn't get given a good run as manager. Of course the only reason he lost his job was because he felt out with chairman over transfer dealings done behind his back. Performances weren't too bad and we seen a lot of potential. The club went down that year thanks to Mandaric, his poor decisions cost us big time. He may have turned the club round and managed to convince the Thais to invest in us, his business brain is good, however his football knowledge was pretty weak.

On Allen I think if he had stayed at Leicester, we wouldn't have gone down and I think we would have finished mid table. I didn't like the comment he made about he wished he didn't join and stayed at Milton keynes and only came here for the money. I thought that was an horrible statement to make. It was kinda like saying, he had no interest in the club and considered Milton Keynes a better club. 

I said it before a long time ago that Martin was a stooge manager. Leeds have had the same problem in recent times, and finally stopped when Cellino was found to be a tax evader to the joy of the FA, which has made him distance himself. Now if only that had happened in our case, imagine the possibilities.

I think Martin let the money go to his head.

However, I don't suspect for a minute that what he said and suggested about MM weren't far off the truth.

Martin Allen is a ****in' moron of the highest order.  I wouldn't trust him to sell me a hooky watch down Portobello Market.  And I'm damn glad Mandy saw sense and fired the twat!

Yeh because that decision worked out for the best. :rolleyes:

As much as Allen is shit it was irrefutably proved that Mandy's decisions led to failure that season. Sense he most certainly did not have in that department.

Without Mandaric, this club would be in the lower leagues. Like him or not, he put the money in the pot, in order to keep us afloat.

He took us to the lowest footballing position the club has ever been in. Not defending Aleen as he was a joke of a manger, bit david brent like but just because mandy paid wages on time didn't mean his time should be viewed in a positive way at all. Look at Mike Ashley, jus paying wages isn't everything and they way he went through managers & players made him seem a control freak of an owner. To congratulate him on "finding right buyers" is laughable to as am pretty sure it would be who ever offered him the most.

The season was a total shambles and the decision to bring in Megson was one of the most uninspiring managerial appointments ever at lcfc.

I can remember sitting on the settee completely and utterly dejected, devastated. 6 weeks later I was shitting myself in case mandy issued an hands off statement to Bolton, thank god those dour and strangely formulated tactics only covered a 6 week period.

Mandaric did alot of harm to the club and that cannot just be overlooked because he put the money in too.

He's first and foremost a business man. He buys bankrupt or nearly bankrupt clubs and sells them for a profit. He was not bothered at all if he was giving us away to some consortium who would lead us down the same path as Portsmouth. As shown by his disgraceful treatment of Nigel first time around.

I could not believe what I was reading when he claimed credit for getting us in the premier league because he started the wheels in motion.

• 4 years later...