Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

For anyone who has foxes player they've got a lot of different camera angles of Mahrez goal on there.

Although otamendi gets a touch on the ball the lift over him by Mahrez is entirely deliberate and absolutely superb. Also there's an angle where Wes Morgan runs over to Ranieri and they embrace  :wub:

There's also an angle where Vardy is screaming for the ball free in the box, looks like he's about to complain then the ball hits the back of the net and he goes mental

It's worth noting - and with worth noting meaning it's annoyed me - that although Mahrez was behind the two penalty misses, he was pivotal in the two much more important Liverpool and Man City wins. In the run up to Vardy's goal, Liverpool starred to look threatening and you could see them scoring, but, after that pass and Vardy's finish, they were left for dead. And, not only did he force the foul and assist the first goal, but he killed the game after Man City started looking threatening at the end of the first and start of the the second half. Obviously he didn't do it alone, but to all fretting over the two misses, you have those two things at the least to think about. And breath out.

I love Riyad but you supposed 'Algerian' fans are embarrassing. Show some respect for LCFC, Mahrez is not the only player in the team and we have had just as much influence on his career than he has had on our team.

Also, show some respect for Mahrez I'm sure he wouldn't want you guys to talk like this all the time.

I love Riyad but you supposed 'Algerian' fans are embarrassing. Show some respect for LCFC, Mahrez is not the only player in the team and we have had just as much influence on his career than he has had on our team.

Also, show some respect for Mahrez I'm sure he wouldn't want you guys to talk like this all the time.

I think it is natural that Mahrez gets following from his country of origin. Think of how many Argentinians follow Messi. I just think the Algerian fans (who I loved to see in the world cup by the way) are not well represented in this forum.

Its not particularly useful to generalize about people in such a broad way. How about talking about 'some of the Algerian posters' attitudes, for example? It doesn't take much thought to stop disagreeing turning into name calling.

Having said that, I'm not quite sure what kind of response some of these 'Mahrez should leave' posters were expecting.

Now, back to the genius that is Riyad Mahrez, one of the most outrageously skilful players to ever pull on the shirt. 

On a different note, I really think you are doing the player a disservice by heavily posting about him in this forum. Let his talent speak for him.

[Fair enough!] ...

Even-though I see your relatively new here with only 13 posts so clearly you couldn't have read the majority of my posts thus u can't judge from there, but hey am also new, and I'll give you the benefit if the doubt......

So, if there will be other members clearly supporting your assumption I will certainly be done here, with open heart and without any spite, cause the last thing I want is to be disservice to anyone for that matter.

[Fair enough?]

Just watched the video.

I am aware that playing video games on you tube is a thing, and I know some people make a lot of money doing it. But it is really odd. Why do people want to watch someone else play computer games? I suppose it is like watching someone play football. I suppose.

Mahrez looks like he is his normal self, quiet and calm, plus he is playing a computer game. Probably hard for him to get excited about it when he is regularly playing live in front of 30,000+ fans.

Just watched the video.

I am aware that playing video games on you tube is a thing, and I know some people make a lot of money doing it. But it is really odd. Why do people want to watch someone else play computer games? I suppose it is like watching someone play football. I suppose.

Mahrez looks like he is his normal self, quiet and calm, plus he is playing a computer game. Probably hard for him to get excited about it when he is regularly playing live in front of 30,000+ fans.

I think it's more for the question and answering. It shows the player in a different light.

Not in this instance though, where the interviewer is pretty shocking. Someone in the YouTube comments summed it up perfectly- it's like watching an annoying uncle interview a 5 year old.

"Do you like colouring, Riyad?"

I think it's more for the question and answering. It shows the player in a different light.

Not in this instance though, where the interviewer is pretty shocking. Someone in the YouTube comments summed it up perfectly- it's like watching an annoying uncle interview a 5 year old.

"Do you like colouring, Riyad?"

Seems a weird format. Neither the interviewer or interviewee can focus on the questions. So you end up with rubbish questions and basic answers, with a lot of annoying oohhs and ahhs while they play the game.

Perhaps I'm just old.

Don't generalize ..... All generalizations are false including this one.

Apologies maybe I should re-phrase that to the majority of "Algerian fans". It's not just on here it's Facebook for example where the tripe is written.

At the end of the day you are on this forum as you are following Mahrez rather than your love for LCFC as most others are.

Doesn't mean you can't put forward your opinion, but maybe you should also be embarrassed by and critical of your fellow countryman saying "PLEASE LEAVE MAHREZ" on a LCFC forum rather than trying to make it into some kind of racial argument.

To be fair a few of the early Algerian had a fair and balanced contribution, especially the earlier international friendlies against smaller African nations that didn't have much coverage there was one guy who was fairly helpful in summing up his performance. However the last couple of posters who came on now he's one of Algeria's flair players were simply disrespectful, you could tell that they've only jumped on the bandwagon between the World Cup and this season as they've been disregarding the rest of the team like Mahrez dropped from heaven this season to save us, when Pearson's early training was pivotal in helping him understand the English game and taking on players without going down easy on every run. We've grown together and although he's free to leave I can't see why he wouldn't stay should we get Champion's League football, because if he signs for a European giant (likely Barcelona should they bid for him) he won't start for a good year at the least. 

Now we're super famous, you're going to get even more variation of fans. Those who were diligently watching in league 1, those who fade in and out over the years, those who'll only support when we're winning, and those who follow a famous player (Shinji in Japan would be one). I'm not going to expect those with no ties with Leicester, those who've only found out about lcfc through a player of their nationality, to be like the core of fans forever, although I notice lots of Man Utd support in Korea of through their old defender.

That said, if those who fall into supporting us through a player then start to claim he should leave, for his own sake to the detriment of the team, on a forum aimed at supporting the team, not just a player, I wouldn't mind them being banned. Although I'd only do it if it was particularly annoying, since removing all idiocy from a forum would take too much time. I have no idea if this had been said, and in what way (since I've also argued in some circumstances it would be understandable), because trawling through internet forums to find things I find offensive isn't my idea of fun.

Archived