Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

about Mahrez if he stay with Leicester fo me is the best decision.

the problem for Leicester is the defence 29 goals in 26 is too much

the most quality for the leader or the team to win the championship if the defence

look Tottenham just 20 goals, Arsenal 23 goals, so it will be very hard for Leicester with this default, because this year its look like to be or not to be. big chance but hop it will happen

We have tightened up at the back, as the season has got on.

I would agree with you regarding the first half of the season though.

I'd expect £50 million for him to be honest. Not sure we'd find another though.

Mahrez' goals+assists stats this season are better than Bale's in his last season. Last time a winger was putting in these kind of performances in the PL was Cristiano Ronaldo.

Anything less than £50mil and we'd be crazy to accept.

One of the few clubs I would let him go to, but I can still see Messi staying there for this season at least and so with a front three of him, Neymar and Suarez, how on earth would Mahrez ever make the starting line up? I love Mahrez but I don't think he is anywhere near their level at the moment.

Sterling went for £50 million and forget the age thing he has come nowhere close to Mahrez;s level of performance also having the benefit of "better players around him". Can he perform at another level? look at Man City away and Chelsea where he took it up a notch mugging off top class defenders the sort you meet in the CL so 20/25 million I do not think so,

I hope to be proven wrong.

But I've said, since last summer, that this will be Mahrez's last season with us, regardless of where we finish. Huge move to one of the worlds top clubs beckons.

He's worth £20-30m. But in today's market we'd be stupid to not try and get £50m+

Can't stand in his way if clubs like Barca come calling, however if they think they're going to get him on the cheap that's another matter.

He's under contract for some time so we need to be dictating the price. Hope Mahrez understands that if he moves on, other clubs are going to bump up the price of any replacement that we try to sign if indeed we can find anyone who is capable of filling his boots. I remember how Tottenham had a pretty rough ride in the transfer market immediately after they sold Bale and were forced to pay well over the odds.

I also hope Rudkin has the balls to play hard ball with both any prospective buyer and the player, rather than do the typical Leicester thing and sell our best asset for 50p and a packet of Crisps.

£20m... Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Mangala £42m

Ottamendi £28.5

Sterling £50m

Schneiderlin £27

Martial £36

Benteke £32.5

Firmino £29

Lalana £25

Cuadrado £27

Willian £30

You do not buy someone like Mahrez for £20m in this day and age when he's performing at this level.

Don't believe that story but he's not good enough to play for Barcelona.

Think he's a great player, but not sure where he'd fit into their starting line up unless of course they are expecting departures in the summer as is being rumoured. In which case we need to hold firm on the price as they'll get desperate as their fans demand their annual marquee signing.

£20m... Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Mangala £42m

Ottamendi £28.5

Sterling £50m

Schneiderlin £27

Martial £36

Benteke £32.5

Firmino £29

Lalana £25

Cuadrado £27

Willian £30

You do not buy someone like Mahrez for £20m in this day and age when he's performing at this level.

The very worst thing for us would be if Barcelona bid for him. They always pay below the odds as players always want to go there. Can't see us getting more than £30-35mill if he goes Barca, anywhere else £40-45million. However, if we qualify for the CL I just hope he stays for 1 more season

Barca value him at 20/25m..... Well I guess they won't be signing him then!!! Happy days

We'd probably spend that money on Musa.

Would we trade Mahrez for Musa, er no.

£20-£25m is pocket change to us if someone wants Mahrez. I know this article is crap but with three years left on his contract if Mahrez does leave in the summer we need to at least feel we got a decent amount of money in for him, not the sort of fee that we would spend on his no doubt inferior replacement. If he was doing for Arsenal what he's doing for us then Barcelona wouldn't be expecting to waltz in and grab him for peanuts.

Big difference in what one team values him to what the players club values him, in all players. He's probably valued at around 20-30 by other clubs but from our point of view he's pushing 50

We probably value him even higher.

Ask yourself at what price do we become willing sellers if Mahrez said he wanted to stay?

Mahrez is nowhere near good enough to play for Barcelona or any of the three mega clubs at the moment. The big English clubs are shite and the only other options would be a step down to the other CL European teams like Dortmund and Athletico Madrid who we can blow out of the water on wages. Best option for him is to stay here.

The link from the Mirror is just opinion and clutching at straws, non story.  We wont sell to Champions league rivals.  He isn't good enough to play for Barca, not because he isn't great but they have some of the best players in the world.

He has 3 years left on his contract and we have owners with a lot of money, his 'player power' is very low in this situation.  If he gets pissy not playing for us then how will he feel being on Barcas bench every week.  He wont displace 3 of the best players in their positions in the world so he would have to be happy playing in the early rounds of the copa del ray and coming on for 5 minutes once Messi or Neymar have their hattricks.  He wouldn't be a match winner, free kick taker, penalty taker or come on and change the game when needed.  He'll be behind players like Koke in the pecking order, he had had to play a more central roll rather than the wings like at Madrid and do a more defensive job to help the front 3 get in the positions to score.

Do we really think that the club will let a player like Mahrez walk away, even for a big big fee?  The club will be buying better players to improve and help get the best out of Mahrez and take us forward.  At the very least they will convince him to stay for the next season and work with us to grow.

One good Champions League/Europa with us to show what he can do on a bigger platform.  

I think Mahrez could play for Barcelona...As a squad player. He's that good.

We'll have a job to keep him in the summer.

If he ever leaves City, he'll play in a team where he doesn't need to defend. How often do you see Suarez or Messi getting back to defend?

:thumbup:

40 odd million..not a penny less

Archived