Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I agree with this to a point.... Does anybody want slap fans who sit near you and whinge when something he tries to do doesn't come off? I hear it all too regularly I'm afraid, and it annoys the hell out of me...

Yh find it annoying as well. Even on here ive read he's inconsistent, but really what do you expect from a player who plays like he does. For me thats one of the things he's improved on this season and his goals + assists show it... and involved in 51% of goals

barca real bayern psg atletico man city arsenal spurs juve basically any team in the world

No guarantee that arsenal or spurs will be in Europe. No guarantee he will get into any of the teams mentioned but may rot on the bench (at best). Good chance their styles won't suit him (our style is geared around him and Vardy). Quite likely he won't enjoy his football as much, or be given such freedom to express himself. Guaranteed that the squad spirit and togetherness won't be a patch on what he has here. Also, recently married to a local girl, he might want to settle here for a few years.

Of course he could get more money elsewhere, but if we can give him enough to set him up for life, and offer regular champs league footy, there's lots of reasons he might opt to stay with us when he looks at the overall picture.

Yh find it annoying as well. Even on here ive read he's inconsistent, but really what do you expect from a player who plays like he does. For me thats one of the things he's improved on this season and his goals + assists show it... and involved in 51% of goals

Exactly if he was consistent he would be Ronaldo/Messi level. Having said that Ronaldo at the beginning of his time at man u used to get slated for having no end product....

"We do a lot of work defensively. Me, for example, if I don't work, I don't play. Two times this year he put me on the bench because I didn't defend. I know if I don't work for the team he will drop me to the bench.

"Maybe I will start, but if I don't work, I will get taken off after 45 minutes."

So good to hear he recognises this. Not just that but he sounds like he respects that view as well.

"We don't have an obligation, it is just a dream. A dream is better than obligation."

'There are no stars'

Between them, Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez have scored 32 league goals this season

Mahrez, who joined Leicester from Le Havre in January 2014, has excelled this season, scoring 14 goals and providing assists for 10 more in the league.

He is one of two players in the City side, the other being striker Jamie Vardy (18), who are into double figures for goals in the campaign.

"There is not one star, two stars, three stars - we play and work for each other," continued Mahrez.

"Every team has to have two or three players who score and this year it is Jamie and me. People can say a lot about us but we are just the same, just two players from Leicester City."

I've said before and I'll say it again - I genuinely don't think Mahrez will be leaving us any time soon. Vardy's comments lately seem to suggest he'll be here until close to retirement, and the atmosphere seems so good within the squad that Riyad seems to be loving his football here. With a fellow Frenchman in Kanté at the club as well that probably helps him feel settled.

He's clearly a Barca fan though, and they are pretty much the only club who I think could take him off of us in the next 12 months.

I feel like I'm going crazy here, I'm not the only person who notices that Mahrez has a very obvious social anxiety problem am I?  If some spanner decides to pursue that line of work as their 'job' then for me the unprofessionalism is not being able to handle a situation where your interviewee has a social disorder (even the 2 ridiculous manchildren of copa90 managed it) and then whining about said person on social media.

Is there any legitimate reason to believe the man has social anxiety issues, other than a hunch?

Is there any legitimate reason to believe the man has social anxiety issues, other than a hunch?

If you want to be a cynic or you think I'm implying there's something wrong with him then yeah you can just brush it off as a hunch.

In answer to your question though: The way he's always looking around and avoiding eye contact as well as the strained expressions on his face as he speaks almost as though he's afraid of his own voice.  Source: Every interview I've seen him in ever.

I'm sure the language barrier exacerbates things but I'm equally certain it's a part of his personality and not just a struggle to translate things on the fly.  Looks a lot like it's something that's being worked on behind the scenes because he has made significant progress since he arrived and good on him.

If it makes you uncomfortable labelling it social anxiety then fair enough; a lot of people dislike terms like that because they feel it sounds like an illness or something that's wrong with the person in question, just call him really really shy in that case, I'm just calling how I see it.

If you want to be a cynic or you think I'm implying there's something wrong with him then yeah you can just brush it off as a hunch.

In answer to your question though: The way he's always looking around and avoiding eye contact as well as the strained expressions on his face as he speaks almost as though he's afraid of his own voice. Source: Every interview I've seen him in ever.

I'm sure the language barrier exacerbates things but I'm equally certain it's a part of his personality and not just a struggle to translate things on the fly. Looks a lot like it's something that's being worked on behind the scenes because he has made significant progress since he arrived and good on him.

If it makes you uncomfortable labelling it social anxiety then fair enough; a lot of people dislike terms like that because they feel it sounds like an illness or something that's wrong with the person in question, just call him really really shy in that case, I'm just calling how I see it.

To be clear: I wasn't implying that you were a cynic, it was a legitimate question asked in the spirit of wanting a fuller understanding. I don't think that you're saying there is anything wrong with him or attacking the man.

In answer to your question though: The way he's always looking around and avoiding eye contact as well as the strained expressions on his face as he speaks almost as though he's afraid of his own voice.  Source: Every interview I've seen him in ever.

My take was he looked like some one who was trying to keep a lid on his excitement that the club could win - I am sure Ranieri will have drilled this into them all - but he looked to me like he didn't want the interviewer to "see behind the front" - i.e. that he is  excited and joyous...

"We do a lot of work defensively. Me, for example, if I don't work, I don't play. Two times this year he put me on the bench because I didn't defend. I know if I don't work for the team he will drop me to the bench.

"Maybe I will start, but if I don't work, I will get taken off after 45 minutes."

So good to hear he recognises this. Not just that but he sounds like he respects that view as well.

Like him even more.

I feel like I'm going crazy here, I'm not the only person who notices that Mahrez has a very obvious social anxiety problem am I?  If some spanner decides to pursue that line of work as their 'job' then for me the unprofessionalism is not being able to handle a situation where your interviewee has a social disorder (even the 2 ridiculous manchildren of copa90 managed it) and then whining about said person on social media.

He's speaking a second language, it's not surprising he's more timid. His French interviews are fine.

He's just trying to take credit of Mahrez success... He has some credit for calling Mahrez but far away from that credit (statue story, the first time I hear)!

Mahrez imposed himself to Algerian fans and Algerian media through a couple of beauty goals in Leicester which led to his call up to the National team.

I agree with this to a point.... Does anybody want slap fans who sit near you and whinge when something he tries to do doesn't come off? I hear it all too regularly I'm afraid, and it annoys the hell out of me...

I agree with this.

Moan when something doesn't come off then the 2/6 times it comes off the in the game where he scores or gets an assist normally they love him for it. He'll lose the ball more often than not when he's trying something but he creates so many opportunities for himself and others it's worth it.

If he produced every time he tried something, he'd be close to Messi/Ronaldo as others have said. But he doesn't, so he's not.

He's a risk taker. You need players like that in all teams or you'll end up like West Brom.

Archived