Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

He could nutmeg a mermaid this lad

Nutmeg: petit-Pont (in french)... Which can be translated literally to "Small- Bridge"

You have no idea how exciting and important for an Algerian fan or footballer.....

.... and equally humiliating for an opponent .

Basically the whole stadium would 'roar' for the spectacle, almost equal to goal response :)

​Leicester City plan to reward Algerian winger Riyad Mahrez with a new contract, but official talks are not expected to take place until the summer according to ​the Mail.

Mahrez has emerged as one of the Premier League's standout performers after a difficult first season, and impressed once more as the Foxes brushed aside Manchester City in Saturday's title clash.

The 24-year-old registered his 14th league goal and ninth assist of the campaign at the Etihad Stadium and only Jamie Vardy has been involved in as many Leicester goals as he has.

Vardy only recently signed a new deal of his own, which is believed to have broken the £40,000-a-week wage ceiling implemented upon the Foxes' promotion two years ago.

The England striker is thought to have seen his wage rise to £70,000 a week, plus add-ons should the club qualify for next season's Champions League.

Mahrez reportedly earns half Vardy's new salary, however, he is also expected to be offered a significant pay rise once negotiations commence.

And you are a liar...show me proof if you not

I apologise as its faycal that's spouting the shite. You've been very fair in what you have wrote.

Except the part where Mahrez will fade away if he stays with us. That I think is a bit harsh.

Again im sorry as I was getting really annoyed with Faycal that I made the wrongful assumption that you were also spouting absolute bollocks.

I want him to play alongside better player (konte and Vardy) like; because I am syre he will improve a lot more.

Unless Leucester really rise up to next year new challenges and recruit quality players.

And that is the only reaon.

Probably go somewhere else and say it then. We are Leicester City fans

MAHRIZOU PLEASE MOVE ON.

Would you then please move on with him? I'm sorry for absolutely generalizing here, but Algerian fans add absolutely nothing to this forum or the LCFC Facebook page apart from the use of the word "Mahrez" all over the place. At least you're being more argumentative and assured of your English vocabulary than your fellow countryman faycal who seems to struggle quite a bit.

I want him to play alongside better player (konte and Vardy) like; because I am syre he will improve a lot more.

Unless Leucester really rise up to next year new challenges and recruit quality players.

And that is the only reaon.

It's funny you would say that, because he seems to have improved quite a lot with us. I really don't see how another year with us, probably playing in Europe, where he is comfortable with the team and knows he is one of the main men, can hinder his development. 

I apologise as its faycal that's spouting the shite. You've been very fair in what you have wrote.

Except the part where Mahrez will fade away if he stays with us. That I think is a bit harsh.

Again im sorry as I was getting really annoyed with Faycal that I made the wrongful assumption that you were also spouting absolute bollocks.

Accepted and seems that you were not the only one that made the assumption.

It's a but harsh maybe but wasn't harsh also when Mahrez had a little dip in form and also missed two penalties...a lot of "fan" in this forum had him dead and were telling if not we would be better if in points...

I want him to be in a safe environment with an established winning attitudes around him (club and fans)...

Leicester club needs to invest in few players next season to be able to compete in Europe and for the top 4 spot.

It's funny you would say that, because he seems to have improved quite a lot with us. I really don't see how another year with us, probably playing in Europe, where he is comfortable with the team and knows he is one of the main men, can hinder his development.

Team parteners in the game with whom he can connect look at him and VARDY it is magical...now he started connecting with Konte (last game ) he needs (Leicester needs) another really good stiker and strengthen lhe left wing (top to bottom )

This is my opinion ...

Accepted and seems that you were not the only one that made the assumption.

It's a but harsh maybe but wasn't harsh also when Mahrez had a little dip in form and also missed two penalties...a lot of "fan" in this forum had him dead and were telling if not we would be better if in points...

I want him to be in a safe environment with an established winning attitudes around him (club and fans)...

Leicester club needs to invest in few players next season to be able to compete in Europe and for the top 4 spot.

Really?  I didn't see it.  Well I saw the obvious "we'd have more points if he scored those pens" posts but nobody got on his back over it, I'd suggest you've misunderstood a few posts or else seen the tiny minority of people expressing those opinions.

You can deify Mahrez all you like, I fully agree with you that he's a brilliant player and England would be lucky to have a winger of his talents so I can see where national pride comes into it.  Unfortunately you've lost my respect though because if you can't see how unnecessarily controversial it is to come onto a Leicester forum to declare in block capitals that you want him to leave then I suggest you relinquish your account on here until you've matured a bit.  I'm embarrassed for you because I suspect you can't understand the need to feel ashamed yourself.

personally l'd like to stay for several reasons :  stability of the team, everybody know each others, no stress, relaxe, and Leicester can easely play europe league.so it will be a big challage for him, with vardy and Kanté and they others its look like a familly. and he will not see that if he change to another country with another team (spain, italy, french, ....). its not yet for him to play with a big team, so hope he will stay another year, after that he can make a decision. but for me his stayl and his talent is perfect for  PL

I personally think Mahrez would be a little short sighted if he were to leave at the end of the season, but I would understand if he did. He can be one of the main men here in a big project, on lots of money- whilst (hopefully) playing in Europe.

If he left to a 'traditional' big club he would have to hit the ground running, as well as settle in etc etc. You see plenty of good young (ish) talents do well for a season then foolishly move a little too early, hope Mahrez doesn't do the same.

I think Riyad will stay for at least one more season if we make the Champions League.

It's going to be interesting whether he is happy with what we pay him though, or why we haven't upped his wages at the same time as Vardy.

We could offer 80k, 90k or 100k per week but he would get double that from a top club so he might ask to leave.

I think Riyad will stay for at least one more season if we make the Champions League.

It's going to be interesting whether he is happy with what we pay him though, or why we haven't upped his wages at the same time as Vardy.

We could offer 80k, 90k or 100k per week but he would get double that from a top club so he might ask to leave.

Probably because his agent isn't trigger happy and isn't talking to the club (perhaps until the summer when Mahrez has time to think about it all).

I personally think Mahrez would be a little short sighted if he were to leave at the end of the season, but I would understand if he did. He can be one of the main men here in a big project, on lots of money- whilst (hopefully) playing in Europe.

If he left to a 'traditional' big club he would have to hit the ground running, as well as settle in etc etc. You see plenty of good young (ish) talents do well for a season then foolishly move a little too early, hope Mahrez doesn't do the same.

He's not really that young anymore in football terms though, is he? If he ends up staying and keeps up his development while performing in Europe, I can see him leaving next summer at latest. Most fans would agree he's too good for us. Heck, if he gets voted as the player of the season, most would per default say he's too good for us.

I realise it's blasphemous and maybe controversial to say so, given that we have proven to be one of the best sides in this country this season, but you can hardly blame him for wanting to move on to bigger things (which he's never been afraid of admitting).

Archived