Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Thought Mahrez was brilliant again today - what a talent. I'm quite happy to forgive him for the odd moment of greediness or things not coming off, in exchange for the odd moment of brilliance and world class skill. We're lucky to have him. He's a match winner and probably the most gifted player I've seen in a Leicester shirt in 35 years.

Gray was way out of his depth I'm afraid!!

Eh... He did fine.

Anyone who has seen Mahrez defend knows exactly why he got taken off.

It's alright people saying he'd carry the ball upfield better, yeah he might. But he'd also defending a heck of a lot worse, and we were always going to be defending more then attacking!

I don't think we should have subbed Shinji, could have tucked Albrighton into a 3 and kept Shinji on

yep. shinji gives us 10/20 yards when we drop deep to defend. no shinji and our first line of pressing is the edge of our area. with him and it's the edge of the centre circle.

same at aston villa, cost us points there too.

Eh... He did fine.

Anyone who has seen Mahrez defend knows exactly why he got taken off.

It's alright people saying he'd carry the ball upfield better, yeah he might. But he'd also defending a heck of a lot worse, and we were always going to be defending more then attacking!

We'd no need to defend as we did. The set-up gave us no chance of any let-up at all. Just like the Villa game for different reasons, we tried to beg the game in the last half-hour. We didn't seem to have organised contingency plans. Player gets sent off! It's hardly a rare occurence in football. Little or nothing made sense to me about the substitutions. Which was sad because we'd played so well until then.

yep. shinji gives us 10/20 yards when we drop deep to defend. no shinji and our first line of pressing is the edge of our area. with him and it's the edge of the centre circle.

Funny I drew comparisons with Villa without seeing your own comment. The similarity was glaring.

We'd no need to defend as we did. The set-up gave us no chance of any let-up at all. Just like the Villa game for different reasons, we tried to beg the game in the last half-hour. We didn't seem to have organised contingency plans. Player gets sent off! It's hardly a rare occurence in football. Little or nothing made sense to me about the substitutions. Which was sad because we'd played so well until then.

You can have contingencies, but when the unexpected happens and you have to respond quickly that can throw those things up in the air... And it may have been that taking Mahrez off was the contingency.

I was suprised it was him that came off, I would have gone Shinji first and see how it was for 10 minutes, but I'm not sure they liked any option they had especially as it played out, given the 2nd and 3rd subs looked a little contrived as well.

I wish agents would just FOAD. You know he is at home furiously masturbating over the money he will make flogging Mahrez to the highest bidder. Just **** off and let him play football.

Bengougam said: "Today I can say that all the big European clubs are interested in his services, but as you can imagine, I cannot mention yet. Everything must be done with discretion."

I wish agents would just FOAD. You know he is at home furiously masturbating over the money he will make flogging Mahrez to the highest bidder. Just **** off and let him play football.

Bengougam said: "Today I can say that all the big European clubs are interested in his services, but as you can imagine, I cannot mention yet. Everything must be done with discretion."

In Fottball BUSINESS, everyone does bis job, including agents, we like it or not.

IIt's a just another business in a Capital world and they are part of it (Capitalize profit!.... it's the system!)

Even you fans they don't give you entertainments for free.

The bottom line they want your money. And you, you can have the entertainments and occasionally moan and complain all you want . Hh

This. We instantly turned from, defending in our own half to defending in our own 18 yard box when Shinji went off.

Should have kept it as a 4-4-1 and probably put Vardy on Monreal with Shinji up top. I was pleased that Mahrez went off but was pretty wound up that Ranieri put Gray on but I thought Gray put a right shift in, was really impressed.

Archived