Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Livid

Stadium prepared for the egg chasers!

I'm going to the Argentina Tonga game on Sunday, it will be weird seeing rugby posts instead of goalposts, but should be a decent atmosphere, don't know how many tickets they have sold. Got to be good for the city.

What will be strange is being able to buy a beer and watch the game while drinking it, yet when I return against Palace, I will be judged not sensible enough to do the same!

What's with all the electronic overhead motorway signs warning of congestion due to the rugby w/c ?? It's generating less congestion than your average football weekend.

The whole event is a damp squib with no where near the interest the media would have you believe.

What's with all the electronic overhead motorway signs warning of congestion due to the rugby w/c ?? It's generating less congestion than your average football weekend.

The whole event is a damp squib with no where near the interest the media would have you believe.

lol

Takes me back to that thread ages ago where a 'Damp squib' was described as a 'damp squid'... can't for the life of me remember the thread?

lol

How is it that it is billed as the third biggest sporting event in the world yet they haven't even got the stadiums to host it , There are almost more fans in Old Trafford for a utd game than watch the two entire leagues in rugby union in a week. It then commands prime time tv. ???????????????. Get your own stadiums we've paid for ours as fans. 

You're dribbling again.

Be lovely to see the ground without the overbearing King Power branding and people having a beer in the stands.

Hopefully that'll become a reality for our games too.

lol No King Power branding! Meanwhile back in the real world..............

It's great for the city, sports, & people of Leicester... It'll put us on the map that little bit more...what's wrong with it !!!

Love City Love Tigers...

Wake up small minded people...

It's all about the Money.

Are they going to do anything with the king power white seats? Hopefully they're allowed...

The benches and directors box ones?

I'd imagine they'd do what happens at champions/ Europa league games, they will put covers over them like those old coaches with white head rest covers.

I did see Villa benches had their badge showing on the seats, but no advertising.

To me it's utterly indefensible that rugby fans can sit in the stadium with a beer yet football fans can't. As for the rugby itself, I've no interest whatsoever.

Totally boring and hugely predictable game with so much standing around and preparing for action I fall asleep.  Watched the Tigers play Sale three or four seasons back and was underwhelmed.

Players couldn't catch the ball, pass the ball or kick the ball properly.

Played the game at school and found it the most uninspiring waste of time I could imagine.

As our full-back I caught the ball, whacked it into touch near the opposition try line (the rules were changed later) and simply watched our threes acquire possession from the line-out to score try after try and win comfortably. It would have been more fun toasting crumpets.   

To me it's utterly indefensible that rugby fans can sit in the stadium with a beer yet football fans can't. As for the rugby itself, I've no interest whatsoever.

Totally boring and hugely predictable game with so much standing around and preparing for action I fall asleep. Watched the Tigers play Sale three or four seasons back and was underwhelmed.

Players couldn't catch the ball, pass the ball or kick the ball properly.

Played the game at school and found it the most uninspiring waste of time I could imagine.

As our full-back I caught the ball, whacked it into touch near the opposition try line (the rules were changed later) and simply watched our threes acquire possession from the line-out to score try after try and win comfortably. It would have been more fun toasting crumpets.

Think you've answered your own question there. Football = passions running high + beer = trouble. Gayball = no atmosphere, no passion, the occasional pitiful rendition of the sleep inducing 'swing low, sweet chariot' + beer = at least some fans might actually stay awake.

It's one of the biggest sporting events of the decade only in so far as my nephew trying to catch tadpoles from a local stream also carries that distinction, and I know which one I'd sooner watch.

Like spartan warriors, the brave, tough face of rugby is nothing but a front to cover active bisexuality. The entire sport is nothing more than a vehicle for insecure bisexual and homosexual men to touch each other while also remaining cowardly in the closet.

I'd rather watch Leicester City playing football draped head to tie in King power apparel than suffer the soul destroying torture of watching rugby and the crap should be nowhere near our football stadium.

Think you've answered your own question there. Football = passions running high + beer = trouble. Gayball = no atmosphere, no passion, the occasional pitiful rendition of the sleep inducing 'swing low, sweet chariot' + beer = at least some fans might actually stay awake.

It's one of the biggest sporting events of the decade only in so far as my nephew trying to catch tadpoles from a local stream also carries that distinction, and I know which one I'd sooner watch.

Like spartan warriors, the brave, tough face of rugby is nothing but a front to cover active bisexuality. The entire sport is nothing more than a vehicle for insecure bisexual and homosexual men to touch each other while also remaining cowardly in the closet.

I'd rather watch Leicester City playing football draped head to tie in King power apparel than suffer the soul destroying torture of watching rugby and the crap should be nowhere near our football stadium.

lmao

lol

Takes me back to that thread ages ago where a 'Damp squib' was described as a 'damp squid'... can't for the life of me remember the thread?

lol

I just had to Google that because I had no idea it was squib lol I thought it was damp squid

Some of you are mad, honestly this will bring loads of money to the city, as far as I know all the games have been sold out which is big considering Canada v Romania is tiny. Welford road does not meet RWC guidelines due to the pitch not being long enough (small try and dead ball areas) but they wanted to give Leicester games due to the tigers being so big, KP is perfect for it. As for rugby fans having no passion, I can only presume you've never been to a match as for me, there is just as much passion in rugby as football, you just have to get to a good match, England vs Wales last week for example

How is it that it is billed as the third biggest sporting event in the world yet they haven't even got the stadiums to host it , There are almost more fans in Old Trafford for a utd game than watch the two entire leagues in rugby union in a week. It then commands prime time tv. ???????????????. Get your own stadiums we've paid for ours as fans.

Actually we borrowed massive amounts, couldn't afford it until the owners brought it from the Americans, we didn't pay for it as a club (It's owned by the same company as the club, not by the club) and the fans certainly didn't pay for it...

This is great for Leicester, the pitch will be fine it will be in tip top shape for our next home game that's nothing to worry about. 

Any of you lad's got tickets? I'm not a massive Rugby fan but would love to watch a live game only ever seen on TV

Don't care how much money this is worth tbh. Hate rugby and it's stuck up fans. Think it's ridiculous when you ignore the stadium of one of the biggest rugby teams in the country right around the corner and instead disrupt ours. We may offer a few extra seats, but is this actually anywhere near selling out?

Don't care how much money this is worth tbh. Hate rugby and it's stuck up fans. Think it's ridiculous when you ignore the stadium of one of the biggest rugby teams in the country right around the corner and instead disrupt ours. We may offer a few extra seats, but is this actually anywhere near selling out?

So you hate Rugby so that's alright? big of a narrow minded way to look at things. Tigers couldn't use there as they are having work done on it. Has it really disrupted ours? ok we have a few away games in a row that will probably help us in the long run!

Just chill out and embrace change you never know you might like it!

Some of you are mad, honestly this will bring loads of money to the city, as far as I know all the games have been sold out which is big considering Canada v Romania is tiny. Welford road does not meet RWC guidelines due to the pitch not being long enough (small try and dead ball areas) but they wanted to give Leicester games due to the tigers being so big, KP is perfect for it. As for rugby fans having no passion, I can only presume you've never been to a match as for me, there is just as much passion in rugby as football, you just have to get to a good match, England vs Wales last week for example

Absolute tosh. 

Go on then state your facts to prove me wrong, I've stated mine, can't say it's tosh without actually saying why.

Cut to the crowd at any given point during celebrations of a goal or a try and tell me there's more excitement and passion at the rugby. They showed it on TV last weekend, when Wales scored against England people in "the biggest group game in history" were just sat there clapping. 

Archived