Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Livid

Stadium prepared for the egg chasers!

Are they going to do anything with the king power white seats? Hopefully they're allowed...

A friend of mine is volunteering as a steward for the games and at their induction they were told ALL King Power branding, including the seats in the stands would be either covered up or removed.

No biggy though really, RWC are paying for all the costs of converting and changing it back again.

Yeah, our stadium being used in one of the biggest sporting events of the decade, boo, sacrilege, awful, so wrong, rabble rabble.

Jeeez.

Is something else happening at the stadium as well as the Rugby World Cup then?

A friend of mine is volunteering as a steward for the games and at their induction they were told ALL King Power branding, including the seats in the stands would be either covered up or removed.

No biggy though really, RWC are paying for all the costs of converting and changing it back again.

You'd hope the King Power seats would be covered by fans lol

Yeah, our stadium being used in one of the biggest sporting events of the decade, boo, sacrilege, awful, so wrong, rabble rabble.

Jeeez.

This. Probably the same people moaning about all the KP branding at the stadium are now moaning because someone else is paying to have it covered up...

Jeeez.

I'd rather our fixture list not be broken up by a sport our stadium wasn't designed for when there is a perfectly good one over the road but each to their own.

Think everyone needs to read the thread on how the pitch is prepared ahead of the RWC games and, more importantly, treated afterwards for the purposes of LCFC.

Very insightful and answers most of the q's/woes here.

My only gripe is calling the KP 'Leicester City Stadium'. If they didnt want sponsored stadium names involved could they not have gone with 'Filbert Way'? Adds a bit more character to it!

Think everyone needs to read the thread on how the pitch is prepared ahead of the RWC games and, more importantly, treated afterwards for the purposes of LCFC.

Very insightful and answers most of the q's/woes here.

My only gripe is calling the KP 'Leicester City Stadium'. If they didnt want sponsored stadium names involved could they not have gone with 'Filbert Way'? Adds a bit more character to it!

'Filbert's Treat' would be better!

Be lovely to see the ground without the overbearing King Power branding and people having a beer in the stands.

Hopefully that'll become a reality for our games too.

I'm sure football fans aren't allowed to drink in any stadia stands, and has been the case for a while.

Not totally sure, but I think this is true.

I'm sure football fans aren't allowed to drink in any stadia stands, and has been the case for a while.

Not totally sure, but I think this is true.

Pretty much. It is covered by the The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985.

Basically you cannot consume alcohol "in sight of the pitch" during a period of 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after an "event".

For the purposes of the Act, an event is any football match in which (at least) one of teams is a League or Conference club.

It does not apply at other events, eg rugby, cricket, athletics etc.

Guest MattP

Disinfect the seats? We have Bernie among our support ffs

No idea why people are getting worked up, it's a wonderful event to come to our City and it's going to be great to be able to sit down in the stadium watching sport with a beer without being surrounded by all the King Power crap.

Soon I hope the football fans will be able to do the same.

also lolling at people crying about "king power crap" as if they go the game and stare at the ****in advertising boards round the top of the stand for 90 minutes. until they tattoo king power onto my ****in eyelids i will carry on barely noticing it at all. 

Disinfect the seats? We have Bernie among our support ffs

No idea why people are getting worked up, it's a wonderful event to come to our City and it's going to be great to be able to sit down in the stadium watching sport with a beer without being surrounded by all the King Power crap.

Soon I hope the football fans will be able to do the same.

It would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. The Act has been in force for 30 years and policing football crowds is still a massive issue and disruption is still common. I can't see changing the law to be a priority for anyone soon! Can hope though.

How is it that it is billed as the third biggest sporting event in the world yet they haven't even got the stadiums to host it , There are almost more fans in Old Trafford for a utd game than watch the two entire leagues in rugby union in a week. It then commands prime time tv. ???????????????. Get your own stadiums we've paid for ours as fans. 

Archived