Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Livid

Stadium prepared for the egg chasers!

Just been down to sort out why my season ticket wasn't working and the great Rugby World Cup 2015 cover up was well underway.

Is that why when they use a football ground they tend to do all the matches in a short time span, iirc the Amex stadium was played on two consecutive days, as if a league game came inbetween the rugby games, all their advertising would need to be down.

Wonder how many tigers fans are going to the three, as they're holding something at Welford road while the games are on, they'd be bitter they're not hosting it I'm sure.

Is that why when they use a football ground they tend to do all the matches in a short time span, iirc the Amex stadium was played on two consecutive days, as if a league game came inbetween the rugby games, all their advertising would need to be down.

Wonder how many tigers fans are going to the three, as they're holding something at Welford road while the games are on, they'd be bitter they're not hosting it I'm sure.

Well there was a pretty big outcry when it was left off the list and rightly so - the second biggest purpose built rugby union stadium in the country after Twickenham, with arguably the biggest club in British rugby and it was snubbed for a football stadium. Other than that though, it's three pretty rubbish games for exorbitant prices, a pretty big balls up (although given they had to make up an £80m guarantee to the international rugby board, there's a clear explanation as to why).

Well there was a pretty big outcry when it was left off the list and rightly so - the second biggest purpose built rugby union stadium in the country after Twickenham, with arguably the biggest club in British rugby and it was snubbed for a football stadium. Other than that though, it's three pretty rubbish games for exorbitant prices, a pretty big balls up (although given they had to make up an £80m guarantee to the international rugby board, there's a clear explanation as to why).

The pitch at Welford Road isn't wide enough for international Rugby. At least we have some games in Leicester.

Since when? It's hosted plenty of games in the past and I'm fairly sure they didn't narrow it with the building of the Met-RX stand.

Maybe it's the length I'm not sure but it's something to do with the dimensions not being big enough. It was explained at the time.

Since when? It's hosted plenty of games in the past and I'm fairly sure they didn't narrow it with the building of the Met-RX stand.

I read something similar about dimensions but I agree with further above about tigers and their status as a club and how expensive these tickets are.

If they were more reasonable I would have been there as how often will world cups come to this city? Regardless of who was playing.

the pitch wasn't long enough and facilities weren't up to scratch either, you can't get the team and replacements into the changing rooms at the same time

They're really not happy about it. I walked past the new stand the other day on my way back from Filbert Way and there's an official club banner that says '365 DAYS EVERY YEAR' with 'tigers.com/worldcup' underneath lol

Every right to be a tad bitter about it but Jesus suck it up lads the decision was made years ago.

They're really not happy about it. I walked past the new stand the other day on my way back from Filbert Way and there's an official club banner that says '365 DAYS EVERY YEAR' with 'tigers.com/worldcup' underneath lol

Every right to be a tad bitter about it but Jesus suck it up lads the decision was made years ago.

That's the thing I was referring to above.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/3160.php#.VgwuNmK9KK0

Was this proposed for this WC? Looks smart and now they're starting the Aylestone road side, I wonder if the other two sides will be built later on.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/rugby-world-cup-leicester-prepares-2718995.aspx

Rugby World Cup 2015: Leicester Prepares
Posted: Thu 01 Oct 2015 
Author: Leicester City
posts-4-3-lc7516-022280-2720575_478x359.
The Rugby World Cup 2015 arrives in Leicester this weekend and the countdown is on at Leicester City Stadium.
- Leicester City Stadium prepares to make its Rugby World Cup 2015 debut this weekend 
- Argentina vs. Tonga on October 4, 2:30pm, is the first of three games taking place at Leicester City Stadium
- Significant work taking place on-site to prepare the venue for its three matches during the Tournament

The Rugby World Cup 2015 arrives in Leicester this weekend and the countdown is on at Leicester City Stadium. 

The home of the Foxes has been a hive of activity this week, as operations staff from Leicester City, Rugby World Cup Ltd and England Rugby 2015 join forces in preparation for Sunday’s pool stage clash between Argentina and Tonga. 
rwc-4280-2718992.jpg
Sunday’s game is the first of three matches taking place on Filbert Way during an eight-day period, as the wave of international rugby sweeping the country finally hits Leicester. 

Canada and Romania go head-to-head on Tuesday, October 6, before Argentina return next Sunday, October 11 for their match with Namibia. 
rwc-3280-2718991.jpg
The transformation from Premier League venue Rugby World Cup 2015 stadium has been significant, with changes to the stadium bowl, internal spaces and stadium exterior including rebeinding to reflect Rugby World Cup 2015.

Passers by will have noticed temporary changes to the front of the official Fanstore and to the stadium’s external branding, while rugby-specific facilities have been temporarily installed in the stands, in the dressing rooms and in media areas. 
rwc-480-2280-2718989.jpg
The playing surface, which was lengthened and reinforced in readiness for rugby posts during the summer, has also been cleared and re-marked with posts now erected
rwc-480280-2718985.jpg
The countdown to the action continues on Saturday with the official ‘Captains’ Run’, where both Argentina and Tonga squads will have the opportunity to assess the surface and its surroundings as part of the preparation for Sunday’s encounter. 

The action kicks off on Sunday at 2.30pm. Limited tickets for all three matches taking place at Leicester City Stadium are available via https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/.

Archived