Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

Not really a January transfer but I've been told Eiji Kawashima is training with the club. Looks like the South East Asia ties are getting stronger.

Thought this might have been the free agent keeper Ramadaone was talking about.

Not a bad keeper if I recall?

Thought this might have been the free agent keeper Ramadaone was talking about.

Not a bad keeper if I recall?

At 32 he's technically in his prime for a goalkeeper. Had a poor season last year for Standard but you don't play 72 international games without being a good player. Personally I feel he could challenge Kasper for the starting place more so than Schwarzer. He's also a younger upgrade. On a free with his experience I think he would be a good signing.

Hmm.

He's only 6ft 1.

Part of Kaspers problem is he's too small to dominate the area. I know there are exceptions to the rule but generally I like the keeper to be as tall or taller than the attackers they face from a set piece.

He's a great shot blocker but poor at most everything else.

I know the trend for goalkeepers is to punch  but when those punches just end up in the ball coming back with defenders out of pace I wonder why.

Goalkeepers need to catch the ball 90% of the time in the 6 yd area in my opinion.

Leicester have been scouting Pione Sisto by all accounts

Had a quick look on youtube and he seems remarkably one footed.

Admittedly, his right looks bloody good, but i think in the 5 minutes of highlights he touched the ball with his left for about 5 times total...

The Daily Star claims we're one of a few clubs after Liverpool's Joe Allen.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/471925/Stoke-Southampton-Leicester-move-Liverpool-midfielder

In all honesty, I don't see the need for another central midfielder with Drinkwater, Kanté, Inler and King. James could also be back sooner than previously expected, though I can't see that happening prior to January next year (if he's not loaned out or kept with the U21's to gain match practice).

Sorry for the duplicate post. I realised, after my haste that this was a more appropriate topic to post it in:

Yedlin looks a player. He has an engine, his positional sense is pretty good and can actually pass a ball. Haven't seen enough yet to rate his defending but looks good going forward and has a lengthy throw on him (not as long as Fuchs mind but many will struggle to get that much distance). We all know about his lightning speed; may even be able to give our Jamie a run for his money (pun intended). Only 22 and is getting the valuable match experience he needs to develop. He could be the long term solution to improving the right back position. The question remains though, whether Spurs would be willing to sell? Anyone else feel he could do a job and be a realistic target for us?

Archived