Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

Every week the same problem keeps staring us in the face ...   we leak too many goals.  I know we are not a tall team and that compounds it but we really need a big ball playing CB (more so than a RB imo) ....  there must be someone out that we can attract to the club ...  Curtis Davies ???  I see where people are coming from with regard to a new keeper but to me that isn't one for the January window.  I personally think the other vital position to look at is someone to share the goal scoring with Vardy (see Kramaric thread).....   we can't afford to be a one trick pony in this league.

Every week the same problem keeps staring us in the face ... we leak too many goals. I know we are not a tall team and that compounds it but we really need a big ball playing CB (more so than a RB imo) .... there must be someone out that we can attract to the club ... Curtis Davies ??? I see where people are coming from with regard to a new keeper but to me that isn't one for the January window. I personally think the other vital position to look at is someone to share the goal scoring with Vardy (see Kramaric thread)..... we can't afford to be a one trick pony in this league.

In regards to your big ball playing CB request, I honestly think we have one sitting on the bench in Benalouane.

Fair enough he looked erratic when he made his right back cameos, but that's not his position, he's a CB. He was solid against West Ham in the cup, and very good with the ball at his feet. I remember a few occasions where he played some accurate long passes.

I expect him to start at Hull in the cup, so hopefully he will put in a performance that gets him into the first 11 for league games.

Every week the same problem keeps staring us in the face ...   we leak too many goals.  I know we are not a tall team and that compounds it but we really need a big ball playing CB (more so than a RB imo) ....  there must be someone out that we can attract to the club ...  Curtis Davies ???  I see where people are coming from with regard to a new keeper but to me that isn't one for the January window.  I personally think the other vital position to look at is someone to share the goal scoring with Vardy (see Kramaric thread).....   we can't afford to be a one trick pony in this league.

Steady on.

I got crucified on the Kramaric thread for having the audacity to suggest we should be looking to sell our second strikers if possible and replacing them with a top quality striker.  :)

Steady on.

I got crucified on the Kramaric thread for having the audacity to suggest we should be looking to sell our second strikers if possible and replacing them with a top quality striker.  :)

Take a look at the Kramaric/Austin thread ...   I got ripped to pieces for a very similar offence !   :P

In regards to your big ball playing CB request, I honestly think we have one sitting on the bench in Benalouane.

Fair enough he looked erratic when he made his right back cameos, but that's not his position, he's a CB. He was solid against West Ham in the cup, and very good with the ball at his feet. I remember a few occasions where he played some accurate long passes.

I expect him to start at Hull in the cup, so hopefully he will put in a performance that gets him into the first 11 for league games.

Hope you are right ! ....   How about a back 3 of Huth, Benny,and R.DeL ......  Bit of experience, pace and height ? ......   contro bloody versial !!

I would really like us to be playing three at the back. I don't see why he doesn't give it a go?  If so, we might need another CB to cover for the three that will play as i am assuming the thirs will be Benny. I'm still a little bit surprised Marcin hasn't featured at all....

Hope you are right ! ....   How about a back 3 of Huth, Benny,and R.DeL ......  Bit of experience, pace and height ? ......   contro bloody versial !!

Good mix there CF, gotta be worth a try with our appalling goals against... 

Yes, Curtis would fit the bill... and now we have the full backs & midfield sorted let's go for Charlie boy up top for a cut-down 12 mil in january.

Like the idea of going after Giovinco on loan in January. The guy is just tearing up the MLS and he would probably jump at a run in the Prem prior to the Euro finals. We could afford to pay him big money for two months of playing time. He's quick and I think he would be deadly alongside Vardy.

Could be the coup of the window if we got him.

The Best options and price IMO

De Marcos (Big money signing) - 20m

Carillo - 15m+

Austin - 15m

Ings - 10m

Marko Basa - 5m

Niklas Sule - 10m+

Tito - 8m

Abate - 5m

Buffon??....

yeah, all of them plus Schneider for cover and we should scrape survival.

could we go back for Walters? £3,000,000 is the reported price, I'd pay it.

Edit: I'm not paying it out my pocket, our lovely owners or the Sky deal can pay it.

Is this a piss take?

We've got a team full of players now, better than Walters.

How on earth would he fit in with our style of play?

We are looking, I would imagine, at improving the overall quality of the squad not looking for this type of player who I would think is also at the wrong end of the age spectrum for a striker at 32. Even if you think he is any good - he's only going downhill at that age.

you're right, probably too much of a step up for him

Bayern>inter>Stoke.

I know it's a unrealistic shout. But is he injured or out of favour cuz he didn't play this week.

No harm in aiming high. What's the worst that can happen.

Sorry meant to quote FIF post not yours.

Archived