Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

He's not playing for Arsenal because he's been dropped, it's because he's forever injured.

I'd certainly have him as the player he is but he's a constant sick note so avoid IMO.

Not that he would come anyway as Man Utd > Arsenal > Leicester is too much a come down for him.

So you honestly think he'd be starting above Giroud/Walcott in this current arsenal team? Behave it's clear he's not good enough for a top 4 side, you do chat some rubbish

But that's the thing. VARDY might well aske to leave if one of the big boys come knocking and who could blame him?

A lot of assumptions being made about his loyalty I think.

Realistically he is more likely to win trophies and cement an England place playing for Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid.

If one of them come in with decent money I wouldn't begrudge the lad a chance.

Tbf thinking about it if a big team came in for him he might see that as a chance to get into the England side permanently, if he can continue to carry on his form, and possibly a starting spot for the Euros, plus the chance to win silverware.

We all know that if Vardy was playing for one of the top teams in the PL (bar us ;)) then he would be a starter for England. Maybe he could be looking at the bigger picture.

Hopefully he isn't though.

So you honestly think he'd be starting above Giroud/Walcott in this current arsenal team? Behave it's clear he's not good enough for a top 4 side, you do chat some rubbish

It doesn't matter what I think but Wenger signed him in the 2014 season, he was injured for 2.5 months and still played 25 PL games so we can assume he is first choice when fit.

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/danny-welbeck

It doesn't matter what I think but Wenger signed him in the 2014 season, he was injured for 2.5 months and still played 25 PL games so we can assume he is first choice when fit.

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/danny-welbeck

Think you've just answered your own statement there, 2014. When Theo was injured. And before the whole Giroud debate cropped up.

If the team wanted a Striker that could score goals and/or assist Vardy the first thing they should do is bench Shinji in favor of Leo, Kram, or no one. I think the team needs goals to come from more people but this is not a problem we need to buy our way out of without first exhausting our current strikers, tactics or finding proof of concept first.

The 9 assists to Vards have come from Albrighton, Drinkwater (X3), Dyer, Mahrez (X3) and Ulloa. The passes that led to his penalties came from Kanté (X2) and Morgan. (I think it's awesome his goals have been fed by 7 different people.)

Vards 1 assist came from heading the ball to Mahrez for his goal against Tottenham. No assist for the cross to Shinji for his goal at West Ham because of the deflection off Adrian.

But what do I know, talking about strikers is vogue.

I've quite warmed to Welbeck, but he is a sick note, as per the majority of Arsenal's players.

They could learn a lesson or two from us. What they're doing there in terms of preventing injury clearly isn't working.

welbeck with vardy would be a dream, welbeck wasn't injured as much at man Utd so perhaps a change of club to us could lead to him being fully fit?

I quite like the sound of Milik. The Polish expert seemed to suggest he was quick, had a good all-round game and liked to supply the forward rather than play on the last defenders. I've stuck up for Okazaki in the other thread but I do quite like the sound of this.

A discussion about Diego Costa?

"Strengths: Powerful and strong, Costa can bully defenders and then use his pace when a change is required. Incredibly competitive, his passion and will to win is second to none and his finishing is improving all the time.

Weaknesses: Injury and fitness concerns have hindered him somewhat, while his ability to influence big matches -- most notable in his showing at the World Cup -- can still be improved. His fiery temperament has also got him in trouble in the past.

Career high: Scoring 36 goals in all competitions in 2013-14, Costa helped Atletico to win a surprise La Liga title.

Career low: His performances helped Atletico reach the 2013-14 Champions League final, but he lasted just nine minutes before coming off with a recurring hamstring injury and then had to watch from the bench as Real Madrid won.

Style: Strong, fast, athletic, a striker with a good finishing touch."

Awesome ... perfect fit for JV and LCFC.

I've quite warmed to Welbeck, but he is a sick note, as per the majority of Arsenal's players.

They could learn a lesson or two from us. What they're doing there in terms of preventing injury clearly isn't working.

Completely agree. For players to suffer that many injuries, it could be possible that either the medical care or training methods are to blame. Players with previously good injury records seem to fall to pieces when they join Arsenal.

I was laughed at when we were promoted for saying that Wellbeck would be ideal on our team but I stick by that. He works tremendously hard and can score some stunners. He's the closest comparison of a player to Vardy I've seen. The two of them harrassing defenders and interchanging on the attack would be an absolute nightmare for defences.

Sign Wellbeck and let our medical team work on him.

Welbeck wouldn't come here, at 25 it's too much of a step back for someone who has played regular for Man Utd and Arsenal..

He was first choice for Arsenal until his injury. When back to full fitness he has every chance of getting ahead of Walcott and Giroud and I suspect all three would get decent game time over a season.

We'd be better off going abroad and looking for a similar type player at a lesser club who would jump at the chance of coming to England.

Signing players who've failed at big clubs doesn't usually work out well as their reputation is higher than their ability like Rodwell in Sunderland reserves for £10m.

Welbeck wouldn't come here, at 25 it's too much of a step back for someone who has played regular for Man Utd and Arsenal..

He was first choice for Arsenal until his injury. When back to full fitness he has every chance of getting ahead of Walcott and Giroud and I suspect all three would get decent game time over a season.

We'd be better off going abroad and looking for a similar type player at a lesser club who would jump at the chance of coming to England.

Signing players who've failed at big clubs doesn't usually work out well as their reputation is higher than their ability like Rodwell in Sunderland reserves for £10m.

Are you saying Welbeck has failed? I thought you just said he'd be first choice for Arsenal when fit?

Archived