Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

I'd be more worried about keeping Vardy full back page of the star today. Utd in shock swoop 15m

Funny how they keep saying "shock" move when they've been pushing the rumour for the last 3 weeks or more.

Depressing if we did lose either/both Vardy & Mahrez. This season there's the best ever opportunity for dislodging the boring stranglehold of the "big" clubs, given that they are being challenged by performances and results of the "lesser" clubs. And possibly interested parties include man u, spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea - all below us at the moment (and pool & chels on the slide at the mo). They can usually offer Europe, but if we keep our best players, and maybe upgrade a little in Jan, then it's not inconceivable that we could be knocking on Europe's door. The "smaller" clubs can offer big money too now so it's less of a differential.

I hope we can resist this interest, as Everton managed to do with Stones. If not, then the whole pattern will keep rolling on - the same "top" teams will keep dominating the league and representing us in Europe, and noone will be given a chance for England unless they come from a "top" team, irrespective of abilitv, form, injury-free-ness or match fitness.

Leicester hold the cards with Vardy as he'll be 29 in January and contracted up until he's 31.5 .

If a super club comes in for him it's only fair we let him go but they need to pay £40m minimum and not try and force the issue with their pocket change and insults of £15m.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the summer he signs a one or two year extension to his contract for £100k a week and a minimum release fee.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the summer he signs a one or two year extension to his contract for £100k a week and a minimum release fee.

I would be mightily surprised. We don't want to be paying a 33 year old Vardy 100k a week.

Chelsea want to unload Diego Costa .....    One of those horrible nasty buggers that everyone hates ...    unless he's playing for you.

How big are the owners pockets ?   What are their ambitions ?  Could he handle the step up to a top 3 team ? ......     Did I have some magic mushrooms in my omelette this morning ??????

I would be mightily surprised. We don't want to be paying a 33 year old Vardy 100k a week.

I think he'll be a young 33.

Not many miles on his clock as he hasn't played or trained intensively until coming up to his mid 20's.

Also he has the physique of an 18 year old, he looks naturally wiry and strong but skinny look. I'd imagine there wouldn't be an ounce of fat of him if he wasn't a professional footballer and worked as a plumber or whatever. The man is a natural athlete and I'm sure our sports science team will use his natural assets and keep him at the top of his game at least until he's 32 if not 33 and a bit beyond.

Chelsea want to unload Diego Costa ..... One of those horrible nasty buggers that everyone hates ... unless he's playing for you.

How big are the owners pockets ? What are their ambitions ? Could he handle the step up to a top 3 team ? ...... Did I have some magic mushrooms in my omelette this morning ??????

Don't want that knob jockey anywhere near our team, no way he'd fit in and he'd probably try to eat Kante

Chelsea want to unload Diego Costa .....    One of those horrible nasty buggers that everyone hates ...    unless he's playing for you.

How big are the owners pockets ?   What are their ambitions ?  Could he handle the step up to a top 3 team ? ......     Did I have some magic mushrooms in my omelette this morning ??????

No way he'd come here after being a star for Atletico Madrid and Chelsea.

We'd also have to play a conventional 4-4-2 and or disrupt Vardy.

I'd like us to buy a player to play as a No 10, Payet would have brilliant for us and Vardy but alas he would of always chose West Ham ahead of us.

I really can't see the owners selling Vardy in January unless he kicks up a fuss and hands in a transfer request. The owners have worked hard building a good relationship with the fans, even after sacking Pearson, so they know that selling Vardy would ruin that relationship. Doesn't matter if it's £15m £30m £50m, the money is irrelevant as we are rich and dont need it. The fact is Vardy cannot be replaced for any money as he is pivotal to our style of play. If Vardy goes, we would have to look at changing our style to suit whoever comes in to replace him. We could do that next summer but not in January

Don't want that knob jockey anywhere near our team, no way he'd fit in and he'd probably try to eat Kante

Theres me with this vision of a front line that would scare the pants off any prem defenders ...   but if he's going to eat Kante he can piss off !!

I really can't see the owners selling Vardy in January unless he kicks up a fuss and hands in a transfer request. The owners have worked hard building a good relationship with the fans, even after sacking Pearson, so they know that selling Vardy would ruin that relationship. Doesn't matter if it's £15m £30m £50m, the money is irrelevant as we are rich and dont need it. The fact is Vardy cannot be replaced for any money as he is pivotal to our style of play. If Vardy goes, we would have to look at changing our style to suit whoever comes in to replace him. We could do that next summer but not in January

If Real Madrid bid £50m it would be unfair to make him stay and probably a good deal all round for those concerned.

If Real Madrid bid £15m then it's easy to turn down as it isn't enough and they obviously only value him as a reserve player.

Am I the only one who thinks the top clubs are actually probably not interested in Vardy?

I mean, not to do the guy down...he's been fantastic for us this season. But he's only really coming into his own as a PL player at the age of 28.

Personally I'm much more worried about Mahrez, not just because he's younger but also because I think he's more likely to attract interest from abroad (where his biggest weakness - a lack of strength - is less of an issue).

I think we'll keep both players this January. But in the long-term I think it's likely Mahrez will leave if a bigger club comes in for him.

Am I the only one who thinks the top clubs are actually probably not interested in Vardy?

I mean, not to do the guy down...he's been fantastic for us this season. But he's only really coming into his own as a PL player at the age of 28.

Personally I'm much more worried about Mahrez, not just because he's younger but also because I think he's more likely to attract interest from abroad (where his biggest weakness - a lack of strength - is less of an issue).

I think we'll keep both players this January. But in the long-term I think it's likely Mahrez will leave if a bigger club comes in for him.

Yes.    But I wish you were right.

Would be a big upgrade on Leo.

I think he'll be a young 33.

Not many miles on his clock as he hasn't played or trained intensively until coming up to his mid 20's.

Also he has the physique of an 18 year old, he looks naturally wiry and strong but skinny look. I'd imagine there wouldn't be an ounce of fat of him if he wasn't a professional footballer and worked as a plumber or whatever. The man is a natural athlete and I'm sure our sports science team will use his natural assets and keep him at the top of his game at least until he's 32 if not 33 and a bit beyond.

His game is based on speed. He's the fastest player in the Prem.

He won't be at 33.

We'll be safe come the back end of January. we would have almost half a season to find a winning style without JV

So all you want is to be safe? Personally I'd rather keep vardy add one or 2 others and have a good go at finishing top 6. Much easier to replace Vardy and change our whole game play during the summer when we have 3 months to sort ourselves out rather than potentially wrecking what has been a great season so far and maybe end up finishing where we finished last season. I'm more ambitious and say we just keep him and see where we end up at the end of the season. Unless of course he wants to leave but I can't see that happening in January. And as for Real Madrid coming in for him which was mentioned earlier, dont he silly! Real Madrid can sign any striker in the world, they won't want 28 year old Jamie Vardy who was unknown until this season!

How's about welbeck? I think he'd be great with Vardy and adds height with pace. Injured at the mo but could back at xmas so 6 month initial loan with view to buy

He left United to get 1st team action but isn't garaunteed that at Arsenal or at any of the other "top 4" Personality and ethic would fit in with us and in my view takes up a level in player

I'd imagine lots of other prem teams like us would be interested but worth ago I reckon regardless of cost

How's about welbeck? I think he'd be great with Vardy and adds height with pace. Injured at the mo but could back at xmas so 6 month initial loan with view to buy

He left United to get 1st team action but isn't garaunteed that at Arsenal or at any of the other "top 4" Personality and ethic would fit in with us and in my view takes up a level in player

I'd imagine lots of other prem teams like us would be interested but worth ago I reckon regardless of cost

doesn't he just get injured a lot? would do well at bournemouth

Like the idea of Welbeck here actually. Feel a bit sorry for him, he needs to join an Everton/Swansea/Leicester/West Ham/Palace sort of side so he ca actually play week in week out. Having said that, many of the clubs I've just mentioned already have very good strikers!

Like the idea of Welbeck here actually. Feel a bit sorry for him, he needs to join an Everton/Swansea/Leicester/West Ham/Palace sort of side so he ca actually play week in week out. Having said that, many of the clubs I've just mentioned already have very good strikers!

He's not playing for Arsenal because he's been dropped, it's because he's forever injured.

I'd certainly have him as the player he is but he's a constant sick note so avoid IMO.

Not that he would come anyway as Man Utd > Arsenal > Leicester is too much a come down for him.

Archived