Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

Leicester City close in on former Chievo and Inter midfielder

Premier League surprise package Leicester City have been linked with a move for the free agent Ezequiel Schelotto after his spell at Inter came to an end.

The naturalised Italian was due to be resigned by Chievo after a year-long loan only for the deal to fall through after Ervin Zukanovic opted to join Sampdoria from the Gialloblu rather than Schelotto’s parent club in a part-exchange deal.

According to Tuttomercatoweb.com, Schelotto has an agreement in place with the Foxes but cannot move to the King Power Stadium until another player leaves as Leicester do not have space in their 25-man squad.

Speculation of Schelotto moving to join Claudio Ranieri’s side also increased as the winger posted photos to his Instagram profile of a visit to London.

Schelotto has one Italy cap to his name and he made 28 Serie A appearances for Chievo during the 2014-15 season.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/11/leicester-city-close-in-on-former-chievo-and-inter-midfielder/

That's the extra winger sorted for Europa Next Season :ph34r:

that is just a recycled story that was put out a few months back , can't see this happening .  

that is just a recycled story that was put out a few months back , can't see this happening .

It's exactly the same story as what came out back in September. If we had wanted him that bad we would have signed him and loaned someone out to free a space up. Can't see it happening to be honest. Plus I would also be worried why nobody else has snapped him up if he's on a free.

May have been covered elsewhere but the good old Leicester Mercury this morning is saying that all this transfer talk can be unsettling for the players (no sh1t Sherlock), but all fires start with a little bit of smoke and the LM normally isn't normally one for gossip. (Normally OK so don't pick up on that !).

It mentions interest for Vardy from Spurs and Real Madrid (!?!?) .....    and also an offer from Man U for Mahrez in the Jan window.    Now I feel confident that Jamie won't go (imo) but I'm not 100% about Riyad .....   Him and his agent might well think, somewhere in the back of their minds, about that one ........

So, we've already valued JV on another thread but what about RM, what should we ask ? ...   and just as importantly (if the worst did happen), who might we replace him with ...  ??

Now they're probably not the most reliable sources but I've seen on two different websites that Arsenal are lining up a 10 million bid for Jeffrey Schlupp, I've also seen elsewhere on this forum that Liverpool want to purchase Vardy for 8-10 million... If the articles have any substance (which I doubt) I think we should get Arsenal and Liverpool to speak to eachother and try and work out between themselves why both offers are bliddy ridiculous 

All things are relative and bids for these players may well come.

Jamie Vardy is loyal but in the form of his life and not getting any younger. He may well consider a move to a 'big' club as his only chance to win meaningful silverware.

Mahrez. If Man Utd come in for him I think he will go. Again he'd be stupid not to. It would put him on the elite bracket of players.

Schlupp I doubt would leave to spend his life in Arsenals reserves with the odd bench appearence.

This is the downside of doing well. The predators will circle and the lure of the real 'big' clubs will be immense.

I think we'll resist any offers in January for players we don't want to sell.

If next summer we're getting huge money offered by Europe's elite then I've no problem us selling and reinvesting.

I'm hoping we can sneak into 4th place and have some real bargaining power in the summer transfer window. That would have been a ludicrous comment a few months a go but with Chelsea 14pts behind us and Liverpool 8pts behind us it's now a bit of a long shot to finish 4th but it's now within the realms of reasonable possibility.

Personally, I don't think that anyone of significance will leave this January.

I think that we will make 2 or 3 significant signings, including one of big money, as I think the owners will want to send a message that they mean business

There has plenty of talk of moving towards the top " slowly, slowly". This will be the moment to prove that this is the goal.

We don't need 3.5 million little squad players atm..

We just need to spend the money on top top top players to show we mean business.

Right back and attacking midfielder(no.10 role)

I agree rb and a quality no 10 think that's all we are missing at the minute although cb could do with strengthening

The owners said they wanted us playing top 5 football in five years when we came up and selling our best players wont do that we need to off load a few players who deserve to get a game at another club and bring in a few class players, but buying for the sake of buying is pointless we should be looking to improve our quality not just add a name who is and unproven in the prem.

Archived