Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Sports You Can't Stand

Cricket.

It's boring.

They're not actual athletes as they barely move.

Used to be far more knackered after a long innings or a ten over spell than I ever was playing football, if your only experience of playing cricket was standing around you were obviously shit at everything.

I can't stand tennis, rugby or running, running is probably the most pointless thing in the World.

Usian Bolt isn't talented, he can just put one foot in front of the other faster than anyone down to his genetic make up, it's a sport where people are born with the gifts to be good at it.

Minority sport wankers as well.

Don't like rugby. Find it incredibly tedious and over complicated. Can't seem to go more than a minute without some sort of foul being committed and the game stopping.

Aha I don't like rugby but that's rich coming from an advocate of football a sport that is becoming ridiculously stop start with all the theatrics and over-zealous refs 

Aha I don't like rugby but that's rich coming from an advocate of football a sport that is becoming ridiculously stop start with all the theatrics and over-zealous refs 

I agree with this, football is so stop start it's not even funny, prob no worse than rugby, poofs game at times.

I can't stand tennis, rugby or running, running is probably the most pointless thing in the World.

Usian Bolt isn't talented, he can just put one foot in front of the other faster than anyone down to his genetic make up, it's a sport where people are born with the gifts to be good at it.

Minority sport wankers as well.

surely it's an talent in finding the best performance enhancer, hiding it from all, then one day getting caught and banned for a year. Then repeating the process.

Boxing is the ultimate shit sport imo.

Followed by few until a big fight comes around (once every 6 months - that's shit in itself) then everyone's an expert.

A point scoring system that's a farce and judges/referees on the take.

The fact it can last 6 seconds after months of build up.

The scumbags in the sport taking every dime they can get like that rubbery cvnt Frank Warren.

Carl Froch was successful. List goes on really.

The sports I dislike are based on my general dislike of the people that play them, rather than the sports themselves being boring.  

With that, golf and skiing are top of my list.  

Golfers - retired toffs and businessmen, with their exclusive "members only" clubs with extortionate fees. I heard one of the clubs near to me keeps the riff-raff out by requiring three endorsements from existing members, an upfront payment in the tens of thousands, and an interview process before they let an outsider join the club. 

Skiiers - spend a fortune buying all their gear to show off in, compete with each other to see who gets the billy big bollocks badge for skiiing down the most dangerous piste, then end up in hospital with some horrific injury which they then post photos of on facebook as a sort of badge of honour.

What's interesting is the people that compete in these sports professionally seem pretty normal and down to earth, but the people who play them recreationally give the sports an unnecessary air of exclusivity.

- Boxing for me utterly pointless, if you want to see a good punch up go into town on a sat night.

- Golf isn't the best but the last couple of holes in a major are usually exciting

- Most winter Olympic sports to be honest apart from the big air and the half pipe the rest are dull especially down hill skilling and cross country skiing

Any "sport" where it is scored by judges.

Eg, diving, gymnastics, ice skating

Totally agree with that. I don't want the winner determined by opinion. I like sports where there's clear system of goals or points that are undeniable to decide who wins. I wouldn't enjoy football if goal were awarded by a panel of judges based on who they thought played the best.

Other than that I can't get into Rugby of any kind, boxing and road cycling.

It's not a sport, but it's shown on Sky Sports so i'll give it the benefit of the doubt...

If you're over the age of 13 and watch WWE enough to get worked up over the outcomes then you're a sorry case.

I can't understand how anyone can say they only like football and that's it. How sad and narrow minded is that?!

It's bloody weird to be honest. We all love LCFC and the emotional attachment is great but as a spectator sport it's pretty awful compared to a lot of others.

There has been more shit spoken in this thread than any other I've seen, cricketers aren't athletes (bowl a 10 over spell in 45 degree heat and tell me that) rugby players are just fat oafs who run into each other (If that's the case fill yourself with lard and go and pick up the 7 figure salary one of the French teams will pay you to do it) and if you want to watch boxing go watch a fight in town (that's like saying instead of watching F1 go and get your deckchair out on the motorway).

It's bloody weird to be honest. We all love LCFC and the emotional attachment is great but as a spectator sport it's pretty awful compared to a lot of others.

There has been more shit spoken in this thread than any other I've seen, cricketers aren't athletes (bowl a 10 over spell in 45 degree heat and tell me that) rugby players are just fat oafs who run into each other (If that's the case fill yourself with lard and go and pick up the 7 figure salary one of the French teams will pay you to do it) and if you want to watch boxing go watch a fight in town (that's like saying instead of watching F1 go and get your deckchair out on the motorway).

It's astounding that people can't see past their narrow minded prejudices to see other sportsmen and athletes as just that. You don't have to like a sport to appreciate it may well take a level of skill or athleticism. I just tell myself it's because they've never played anything but football. I don't think I've ever played a sport and disliked it, though that could just be my competitive edge. The more sports you play, the more you respect them, at least that's the way I see it.

Archived