Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Sports You Can't Stand

I can see the draw for basketball, not really being a fan myself. Seems a sport which is much more fun to play than it is to spectate

When I was a kid for some reason I followed the Seattle Supersonics, Kemp and Payton in particular. No idea why, perhaps the cool logo?

g98gtsog4k7deexgpo81fi0vn.gif

The team no longer exists

Ha, same here re : Sonics, they are now Oklahoma City Thunder so I've ditched them and now follow Chicago Bulls being a 90s kid as all that.

Back to OP:

Dressage (not a sport)

Baseball (boring unless alcohol is involved)

Polo

Eh?

He doesn't like watching marathons on TV, thought that was pretty obvious.

I must admit when he mentioned Boston specifically I thought "bloody hell Wymesy, it doesn't always end with a bomb blast!"

Boxing, pretty much for the opposite reason I can't stand cricket.

A load of absolute scumbags who would otherwise be on the dole or in jail mouthing off like 14 year old chavs and then delivering an absolute bore fest 9 times out of 10.

A load of absolute scumbags who would otherwise be on the dole or in jail mouthing off like 14 year old chavs and then delivering an absolute bore fest 9 times out of 10.

lol

pbLqP6H.jpg

Ha, same here re : Sonics, they are now Oklahoma City Thunder so I've ditched them and now follow Chicago Bulls being a 90s kid as all that.

Boo! I hated the Bulls, the Man Utd of basketball. 

Seattle to OK City is 2,000 miles! And I thought Wimbledon to Milton Keynes was bad

Back to OP:

Dressage (not a sport)

Baseball (boring unless alcohol is involved)

Polo

I was waiting for someone to claim that any sort of eventing wasn't a sport. Truth is your legs wouldn't be able to cope.

Jesus Christ, this tops the lot. I doubt the Klitschko brothers or Manny Pacquiao earned their PHD's to sit in jail or on the rock n roll if they didn't make it to being World Champions.

I've known about 4/5 boxers and they all have jobs to support their familes and the boxing they do, how much do you think the 98% of boxers on the small hall circuit make from the sport? Certainly not enough to live on. Most of them earn about £200-300 per fight and they can only do it twice a month maximum.

The top 0.1% earn a fortune, about 2-3% probably earn enough to make a living, the rest have jobs to go with what they do.

Trust me if you have the heart and desire to ever  pursue a boxing career, you won't be the sort of person who ever intended to sit on the dole.

Used to be far more knackered after a long innings or a ten over spell than I ever was playing football, if your only experience of playing cricket was standing around you were obviously shit at everything.

Probably the worst comment in this thread but we all know Kitch holds some very odd views on occasion! Love to see him bowl 20 Overs and come back and say that.

Anyway a resounding golf from me, horse racing as well. To be honest anything involving animals seems a bit shit to me. Aside from that I can get on with most sports. Darts has grown on me a bit used to dislike that.

Cricket.

It's boring.

They're not actual athletes as they barely move.

Everyone who plays it seems to be some dull public schoolboy with no personality (or accent; not sure why but this is what really grates me about their interviews) - unless it's Kevin Pietersen, who for some reason there is always a debate about which I can't understand since it's obvious he's a bellend who his teammates can't stand. 

Everyone who watches is says it's a good excuse to sit in the sun and get pissed, which you don't need cricket for.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't always being reported on by Sky.

Did you last watch cricket in 1895?

I don't think standing's allowed or indeed enviable in Kayakking.  Struggling to come up with another, there are a couple of winter sports where you don't think of the athletes as standing, but in reality they start off on two feet (Bobsledding, Skeleton).  Are feet allowed to touch the floor in Water Polo?

I don't think standing's allowed or indeed enviable in Kayakking.  Struggling to come up with another, there are a couple of winter sports where you don't think of the athletes as standing, but in reality they start off on two feet (Bobsledding, Skeleton).  Are feet allowed to touch the floor in Water Polo?

Disabled basketball?

I appreciate the skill involved ( to get a tiny ball to travel that far and land exactly where you want is pretty incredible) but I find golf so boring. It's ok when you get to the crunch moment of a competition but I really couldn't watch it all. I don't really have a hatred of some sports, it's more just a struggle to watch them.

The one thing I find weird, is so simple ...why anyone would hate any type of sport.

I have a few sports, which I dont enjoy watching, even after learning the rules and the whys, but hate...naaa

Golf, as a spectator sport, dont get it, but everybody to their own.

If anything hate or critic shows any lack of appreciation or respect for the given sport and the people who participate.

Its egoistic arrogance, that tends to shout out...If I dont like it or understand it therefore it must be rubbish and has no point.

To the Haters, what boring and self-opinionated people you must be..!!

All sports, physical pasttimes, games, have their own characteristcs, skills, discipline, levels of mental strengths..

Haters stink of..'My house, my Wife, my boat' neanderthal mentality.

Rant over..now carry on people.

Tennis. I like to play but it's not a spectator sport.

I used to like F1 when I was a kid but honestly couldn't watch more than 2 laps these days.

Basically a sport needs to be a group of people on some kind of field with some kind of ball, anything else is a hobby.

I find it boring watching players with big serves and nothing else to their game.

Love watching a game between top players though, some of the ralleys and shots they pull off are insane.

I find it boring watching players with big serves and nothing else to their game.

Love watching a game between top players though, some of the ralleys and shots they pull off are insane.

Yeah fair enough. The big matches are interesting battles of wills, but I can rarely sit through a whole match.

Archived