Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

It's ironic that he was considered a failure for coming second with some of the biggest teams in Europe and now he's on the verge of winning the title with us. I'm so pleased for him.

It's ironic that he was considered a failure for coming second with some of the biggest teams in Europe and now he's on the verge of winning the title with us. I'm so pleased for him.

The truth is none of those teams were really in a position to win the league when he was with them. With the exception of 1 or 2 seasons and even then it definitely wouldn't have been expected. Like missing out to the invincibles, or Mourinho's Inter (Although Claudio had a better points per game he just joined a couple of games into the season).

The truth is none of those teams were really in a position to win the league when he was with them. With the exception of 1 or 2 seasons and even then it definitely wouldn't have been expected. Like missing out to the invincibles, or Mourinho's Inter (Although Claudio had a better points per game he just joined a couple of games into the season).

We were even further behind from being in a position to win the league and yet he is on the verge of doing it. This season alone would suggest he actually was a failure in his other appointments.

We were even further behind from being in a position to win the league and yet he is on the verge of doing it. This season alone would suggest he actually was a failure in his other appointments.

Erm, I suppose that's one way of looking at it lol 

Monaco finished second to PSG  when they started splashing the cash on Zlatan and the rest.

What's Claudio's stats like as a second season manager? Do we need to be worried?

Not good, but we knew that when we appointed him.

I couldn't understand why anybody was pessimistic about this season when we appointed him, he's made an immediate impression virtually everywhere.

As I've said elsewhere he can get us relegated next year and he'll still be streets clear as the greatest manager we've ever had if we can find 3 more points this season.

Not good, but we knew that when we appointed him.

I couldn't understand why anybody was pessimistic about this season when we appointed him, he's made an immediate impression virtually everywhere.

As I've said elsewhere he can get us relegated next year and he'll still be streets clear as the greatest manager we've ever had if we can find 3 more points this season.

Monaco he got them promoted as champions in his first season, second to PSG and Zlatan in his second season, got sacked.

Chelsea improved every season under Ranieri, getting sacked after finishing second and getting to CL semi final.

Monaco he got them promoted as champions in his first season, second to PSG and Zlatan in his second season, got sacked.

Chelsea improved every season under Ranieri, getting sacked after finishing second and getting to CL semi final.

But a lot of places recently it's gone tits up and he's been gone by the end of the second season.

That probably has more to do with the transient nature of being a football manager in Italy more than anything else though.

So for our level, there shouldn't be any worry then by the looks of it. I'd take 41 points next year for sure!

I agree ttfn, he's on course to be our greatest ever manager and will always be lengendary if we win the league.

But a lot of places recently it's gone tits up and he's been gone by the end of the second season.

That probably has more to do with the transient nature of being a football manager in Italy more than anything else though.

Not because of a bad second season

Chelsea improved every year

Valencia: Not very successful didn't last a season

Parma: Took over relegation threatened side mid way through the season. Helped them escape relegation, didn't stay on as manager

Juventus: He took newly promoted Juve to 3rd in Serie A in his first season, second season he got sacked in May, Juve finished 2nd that year.

Roma: finished second in his first season. Second season sacked in feb after poor run of results, you can have that one

Inter: Came in in September after a terrible start for Inter, Improved things, but not by enough, left in March with Inter in 8th

Monaco: Champions Ligue 2 first season, 2nd Ligue 1 second season, sacked :dunno:

Greece: Disaster

So only Roma did he have a disastrous second season. He must have the record for being sacked for finishing second though.

Confirmed. After the first 2 matches Roma had 0 points. Spalletti resigned and everybody was expecting an horrible season. The team was strong and had fought for the title in 2008, again narrowly losing it (3 points), but it was progressively aging. The ownership was in serious financial trouble and couldn't sign strong players to replace people like Perrotta, Taddei, Pizarro, Cassetti. Then Ranieri came and made the miracle.

As for Juventus, he was appointed when they came back to Serie A after a succesful Serie B campaign with Deschamps. He led them to 3rd place immediately (quite remarkable), then during the summer they made awful signings like Amauri and Poulsen. The following season things went bad and he was replaced by Ferrara. But that Juve side was nothing compared to present day Juve, which can count on a completely different, and better, management. I don't know Ligue 1 well, but again Ranieri came from Ligue 2 with that Monaco side and finished second. I think PSG was much stronger than them. In my opinion, although he could have won more titles by not slipping over a banana peel just when everything was done (you can't lose a scudetto at home against Sampdoria when you have beaten Inter, Lazio, Juve and so on, GRRR :D ), he has rarely managed a team which was built to win and managements have often given him only one chance. He could have done better things with Chelsea though, expecially under Abramovich's ownership. He lost in the semifinals of the UCL to Monaco. That year he could have won the cup.

Not because of a bad second season

Chelsea improved every year

Valencia: Not very successful didn't last a season

Parma: Took over relegation threatened side mid way through the season. Helped them escape relegation, didn't stay on as manager

Juventus: He took newly promoted Juve to 3rd in Serie A in his first season, second season he got sacked in May, Juve finished 2nd that year.

Roma: finished second in his first season. Second season sacked in feb after poor run of results, you can have that one

Inter: Came in in September after a terrible start for Inter, Improved things, but not by enough, left in March with Inter in 8th

Monaco: Champions Ligue 2 first season, 2nd Ligue 1 second season, sacked :dunno:

Greece: Disaster

So only Roma did he have a disastrous second season. He must have the record for being sacked for finishing second though.

Yes but you have also to consider that Roma was in serious financial trouble during Ranieri's second season. The club, run by Unicredit bank, was being sold and there was terrible confusion under every point of view.

Ughhhh, is there anything they won't slap a sponsor on.

If it means more money for PL teams, which means we can better compete in Europe, then why now and why complain.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Semi final against Monaco he made sub which did not work. Veron was idiot. In return leg Chelsea was leading 2:0 and was good result but in last minute of first half, Monaco scored with hand. So it was very unlucky.

Greece job made lots of damage to him

Yes but you have also to consider that Roma was in serious financial trouble during Ranieri's second season. The club, run by Unicredit bank, was being sold and there was terrible confusion under every point of view.

Correct. And he was not sacked he left. Roma would not have money for compensation anyway. I think Roma was leading 3:0 at half time against Genoa but final score was 3:3 and he resigned. Also he used to bench Rossi and Totti on occasions. You know Ranieri never complain about those things to media.

If it means more money for PL teams, which means we can better compete in Europe, then why now and why complain.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

It's not exactly money that's holding back PL teams to compete in Europe. We're set to earn more TV money than Bayern and PSG this year. ****ing Palace and Watford will almost make as much as Bayern and PSG in TV rights.

It'd be good if we showed a bit of class and didn't just slap a sponsor on every possible surface area visible to a 4k TV camera.

I for one look forward to the sponsored face tattoos that players will be mandated to have in the 2017-18 season though.

Archived