Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Top-of-the-league Thread

I was checking through the season's tables to see a comparable team sitting top at this stage of the season (comparable being relatively yo-yo, struggler-type team). The nearest I could find was Norwich in 1992/93 (although Blackburn at a push three years later) who were top in March 1993. Wimbledon and Wigan were both second in November in 1996 and 2005 but mostly it's been the top four traditional clubs and pretty large clubs like Man City, Leeds, Newcastle and Aston Villa. Spurs and Everton haven't been top at this stage of the season in the time since Norwich were to now.

Got the table enlarged onto A3 and posted on the staff notice board.

Smug mode well and truly engaged. Barely done any work today, been singing INGURLANDS NUMBA 9 repeatedly and I think I may genuinely get the sack. Don't help when your boss is an arsenal fan. #HistoryMaker

Does Aranguiz know who we are yet?

Just as well he didn't.  You wouldn't want us spending all that cash only for him to rupture his achilles tendon before getting a minute of competitive football.  Dyer tangibly contributing to the team on a season long loan from a club 14 points lower down the table will do me just fine. :D

Does Veretout still think it was a good idea taking less money to go to the massive Aston Villa?

I genuinely struggle to think that our scouting network looked at him before Kanté, we got very lucky with our summer failures didn't we?

Come on.... tell us your Top of the table Monday morning responses, from your work colleagues, bosses, friends, wife

Pets, and Neighbours.

My wife...Oh thats nice.now make the dinner...

My kids...Like me all on a high, though my newly married daughter, going on her honeymoon to NZ

Told me OK thats your xmas present sorted.Shes going for 7 weeks.

German + English Friends, Suddenly want to know, somebody connected to the Leicester phenomenon.

BUT all to a man/lass, sending smileys and Beer krugs a emptying.

Suprising number, who know many of the teams names, wishing also for a long run...

I genuinely struggle to think that our scouting network looked at him before Kanté, we got very lucky with our summer failures didn't we?

Villas scouting network failed miserably compared to ours, and to top it all they gave us Albrighton for nothing.

I find it incredible that none of the top six clubs were after Kante, he's genuinely the one player, I think that above all of them this season will win a major league one day, obviously I'd want them all to stay and win it with us mind.

I was checking through the season's tables to see a comparable team sitting top at this stage of the season (comparable being relatively yo-yo, struggler-type team). The nearest I could find was Norwich in 1992/93 (although Blackburn at a push three years later) who were top in March 1993. Wimbledon and Wigan were both second in November in 1996 and 2005 but mostly it's been the top four traditional clubs and pretty large clubs like Man City, Leeds, Newcastle and Aston Villa. Spurs and Everton haven't been top at this stage of the season in the time since Norwich were to now.

More interestingly, where did those clubs finish that season. Clubs status can change over time, the Norwich of the early 90's weren't the yo-yo Norwich of today. I got back as far as about 2007 and no matter which club led the table after 13, they never failed to make the top 4.

More interestingly, where did those clubs finish that season. Clubs status can change over time, the Norwich of the early 90's weren't the yo-yo Norwich of today. I got back as far as about 2007 and no matter which club led the table after 13, they never failed to make the top 4.

Norwich finished 3rd, Wimbledon 8th, Wigan 10th.

Norwich finished 3rd, Wimbledon 8th, Wigan 10th.

So in 23 season only three teams top after 13 games gave failed to finish 4th or better. You'd be daft to argue that a top four finish isn't possible now.

Archived