Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Security Strengthened for Man U. Read carefully you might be affected.

" It is recommended that supporters avoid bringing bags wherever possible"[/size]

Since I cant fit the flask I've taken to just about every home game for the last 20 years in my pocket - it seems I'll not be avoiding taking my rucksack.[/size]

You could carry it?

People don't got to football with the sole purpose of eating and drinking though do they? You'd have been better off saying it's like taking your own football and goalie gloves to a restaurant.

What's wrong with that?  lol 

People don't got to football with the sole purpose of eating and drinking though do they? You'd have been better off saying it's like taking your own football and goalie gloves to a restaurant.

Why not... one eats or drinks at halftime, why not take a football, so you can do something between the courses.

You might need the gloves to save something for the next time......

The "choice" of food available is abysmal and what there is available is of poor quality and overpriced. It is much easier for me to take a jam sandwich and packet of crisps and a fruit shoot for the kids rather than pay 4 quid for the world's worst hot dog.

Strawberry ?

Cheese and onion ?

Clear or purple fruit shoots ?

I was at a game in Germany last weekend and it took ages to get in as they were searching everyone, we nearly missed kick off and there were plenty behind us waiting to get in, so don't be complacent, get there early and get in the kop for the tifo.

I always take a bottle of drink in as I refuse to lose 10 mins of the game to get in a queue for an over priced drink or sh*t food. Under the circumstances I think it's fair enough for this game but if it becomes the norm i'll be annoyed. We get "Fear" "Terror" "Terrorism" rammed down our throats a 100 times a day and yet, every time I leave the house all I can hear is birds tweeting.

Anyway 3-1 to the city. Up the foxes. 

This thread is killing me! Jam sandwiches, flasks and people worrying whether they can take a bottle of water up to their seat.

Are people just trying to be awkward for the sake of it? They're not just doing this for a laugh, it may be an overreaction but it's justified.

Anywhere that sells their own food and drink restrict the consumption of items not bought on the premises. I've never understood why a football club, especially now with the choice available, would be any different. Imagine being in a restaurant and saying to the waiter "It's alright mate, we've brought our own wine".

That's not why they're doing it though is it? They aren't searching bags to confiscate a packet of cheese and onion are they?

That's not why they're doing it though is it? They aren't searching bags to confiscate a packet of cheese and onion are they?

Nope, it's obviously the security threat. I was just baffled why people are getting waspy about not being able to take their own grub in when most places that sell their own stuff don't allow it anyway.

This thread is killing me! Jam sandwiches, flasks and people worrying whether they can take a bottle of water up to their seat.

Are people just trying to be awkward for the sake of it? They're not just doing this for a laugh, it may be an overreaction but it's justified.

I always take a bottle of drink in as I refuse to lose 10 mins of the game to get in a queue for an over priced drink or sh*t food. Under the circumstances I think it's fair enough for this game but if it becomes the norm i'll be annoyed. We get "Fear" "Terror" "Terrorism" rammed down our throats a 100 times a day and yet, every time I leave the house all I can hear is birds tweeting.

Anyway 3-1 to the city. Up the foxes. 

You're right they're not doing it for a laugh, but no it isn't justified and no it isn't fair enough.

If the police have ANY evidence of ANY threat then the match doesn't go ahead.  The fact is they haven't.  They are using the same logic that petrol stations use when they tell you you cant use your mobile phone on a forecourt. There has never been a case recorded of an explosion caused by a mobile phone but it takes a brave man to go against "perceived wisdom".

Some of you aren't old enough to remember the 70's and 80's and the IRA, INLA, Sons of Glyndwr, Bader-Meinhoff, Red Brigade, Angry Brigade, ETA etc etc etc.

You'd think that the whole of europe spent 30 years with our heads under a blanket cowering in a corner.  The American reaction is to shut up shop and head for the hills, the British reaction is to put a couple of extra bobbies about the place and get on with it.

It won't be an on-going thing.  It's just "your government proving that they are doing something"

I'll go a little earlier today, because it will take a few minutes longer to get in.  but beyond that, "get into 'em and tackle them roughly" 3-2 City - Vardy hattrick.

You're right they're not doing it for a laugh, but no it isn't justified and no it isn't fair enough.

If the police have ANY evidence of ANY threat then the match doesn't go ahead. The fact is they haven't. They are using the same logic that petrol stations use when they tell you you cant use your mobile phone on a forecourt. There has never been a case recorded of an explosion caused by a mobile phone but it takes a brave man to go against "perceived wisdom".

Some of you aren't old enough to remember the 70's and 80's and the IRA, INLA, Sons of Glyndwr, Bader-Meinhoff, Red Brigade, Angry Brigade, ETA etc etc etc.

You'd think that the whole of europe spent 30 years with our heads under a blanket cowering in a corner. The American reaction is to shut up shop and head for the hills, the British reaction is to put a couple of extra bobbies about the place and get on with it.

It won't be an on-going thing. It's just "your government proving that they are doing something"

I'll go a little earlier today, because it will take a few minutes longer to get in. but beyond that, "get into 'em and tackle them roughly" 3-2 City - Vardy hattrick.

There's doesn't need to be a direct threat for the police to have extra presence after what's recently happened. I agree, it may seem pointless, but if it calms the publics nerves a little, I think it's justified. It may just be a 'show of force' but it's not really doing any harm is it?

An over reaction would be to cancel fixtures.

Sometimes I feel even there are thinking of our security, the idea of not letting supporters bring there food and drink in is because they want there supporters to pay for there over priced food and drink in the concourse.

I admit I bring a rucksack to most games and will so today, as I buy a programme and I want to keep it clean also they forget its near christmas as well as some supporters may make a few purchases in the city centre before hand. 

These new measures are beyond pathetic.

Made me stand out in the pissing rain to eat my burger bought 10 seconds previously at the burger van outside the kop. What the fvck can I hide in a cheeseburger fgs? Get inside to pay nearly 2 quid for a bottle of water. Talk about the club exploiting a situation. The concourses are rammed.

No smoking and no e-cigarettes and no half time opportunity to smoke........

Setting people up to fail there sadly after a few pints....

Im braced for a campaign for a smoking stand.

I think they should move the family stand and put it next to the away fans  :thumbup:

The bloke was shouting no food or drinks into the stadium at the turnstiles. Stopped two women who had bought a hot drink from one of the venders outside the ground but never searched anyone

I never got searched but got told to finish my burger before I entered the ground. lol

Yes i always hide my explosives in something that is half eaten and has been in my mouth, just love it when i blow up my mouth 1st, I find it contains the blast a little, leaving me free to do it again next game. 

Archived