Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

On 22/09/2019 at 14:50, urban.spaceman said:

Just realised something. Leicester City fans have witnessed their club lift 3 major trophies in the last 25 years (plus 3 minor trophies). 

Leicester fans have also witnessed 50% of Tottenham’s trophy wins in the last 25 years. 

@UpTheLeagueFox I double dare you to fit this into a broadcast. 

• Haha 3

On 22/09/2019 at 19:56, pds said:

If somehow leeds United stay in the championship next season, we realistically have a chance of being 13th place come the start of the 21-22 season. Middlesbrough I guess could have a say.

On 22/09/2019 at 20:42, pds said:

We went level 15th place in the all time* Premier League table with Sunderland. Despite playing 104 fewer games. 

*Well aware football started before '92.

On 22/09/2019 at 20:56, pds said:

Big gap of 300 points between Southampton at 12th and Leeds at 13th. 

I like how Man Utd have a GD of +1062 and Newcastle have a GD of +10..

20 hours ago, Stadt said:

How the **** did Huddersfield stay up even for a season, stupid shit twats 

Was talking to a Huddersfield fan on the train on the way back from Utd and they sound like they're in an utter mess. 

A lot of their decent players gone. 

He was saying chairman/owner sadly became very ill and complicated things.

Looks like they're on their way back to the lower leagues, probably for a considerable time. 

Edited by Collymore

19 hours ago, Stadt said:

How the **** did Huddersfield stay up even for a season, stupid shit twats 

Oh and their rise to the Premier League and staying there was nothing short of a miracle. 

I know this is a football forum and things get said but your post reads a little crass...

• Like 1

On 23/09/2019 at 17:53, Ian Nacho said:

The first time we came back from behind to win whilst losing at half time since West Brom away in 2015.

Was surprised to hear the Everton under Marco Silva have never come from behind to win. They only managed to get 3 points from losing positions last season, they were behind 16 times. Basically if you can get ahead of this Everton team, you're very likely to win.

19 hours ago, Collymore said:

Was talking to a Huddersfield fan on the train on the way back from Utd and they sound like they're in an utter mess. 

Apparently there were big problems inside the club.

Jan Siewart, who replaced Wagner, wasn't popular with his methods

Infrastructure of the place pretty shabby too.

All very sad after doing so well to get into the PL and then staying there in that first season.

Isaac Hayden's red card was the 52nd occasion on which Bruce has seen one of his players dismissed in the Premier League. Only former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger (78) has seen more of his players sent off in the competition.

.....and he's got the nerve to call out Choudhury for his tackle in our last game with them.

• Newcastle failed to land a shot on target in a Premier League game for the first time since December 2018.

• Since Brendan Rodgers' first match with Leicester, Jamie Vardy has scored more Premier League goals than any other player (14 goals, 17 appearances).

And our biggest ever PL win

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, davieG said:
  • Newcastle failed to land a shot on target in a Premier League game for the first time since December 2018.

• Since Brendan Rodgers' first match with Leicester, Jamie Vardy has scored more Premier League goals than any other player (14 goals, 17 appearances).

And our biggest ever PL win

Wonder when it was the last time LCFC won by a five-goal margin, in any competition.

1970's?

Edited by Wymeswold fox
Forgot 'won'.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder when it was the last time LCFC by a five-goal margin, in any competition.

1970's?

Whenever it was me and my lad couldn't recall when but I'm sure in our long history we must have surely. 

From wiki

WinsEdit

• Biggest win – 13–0 (v Notts Olympic – FA Cup, 13 October 1894)[9]
  • Biggest league win – 10–0 (v Portsmouth, 20 October 1928)[9]
  • Biggest win in the first tier (Premier League and predecessors) – 10–0 (v Portsmouth, 20 October 1928)[1]
  • Biggest win in the second tier (Championship and predecessors) – 9–1 (v Walsall Town Swifts, 5 January 1895) and (v Gainsborough Trinity, 27 December 1909)[1]
  • Biggest win in the third tier (League One and predecessors) – 4–0 (on three separate occasions)[10]
  • Biggest FA Cup win – 13–0 (v Notts Olympic, 13 October 1894)[1]
  • Biggest League Cup win – 8–1 (v Coventry City, 1 December 1964)[1]
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Isaac Hayden's red card was the 52nd occasion on which Bruce has seen one of his players dismissed in the Premier League. Only former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger (78) has seen more of his players sent off in the competition.

.....and he's got the nerve to call out Choudhury for his tackle in our last game with them.

I've used all my post ’likes’ today. 

Resorting to this again....

👍❤️

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder when it was the last time LCFC by a five-goal margin, in any competition.

1970's?

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Whenever it was me and my lad couldn't recall when but I'm sure in our long history we must have surely. 

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/matches/?mid=890

Could be a 6-1 win over Rochdale in the League Cup in 1993/4.