Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

FA Cup 3rd round replay Spurs 20/01/2016 7.45pm

last fa cup game vs a prem side at home, newcastle last year, cheap tickets, think there was nearly 10k empty seats?

last decent fa cup replay was vs forest a few years ago, tickets were cheap and i would be surprised if we sold much more than 10k tickets at all?

last decent cup tie vs a prem team at home we just got past 20k.

all points to a sell oooot

Tuesday night as well, we will be lucky to get 24000

Lets hope all those moaning about not getting tickets actually turn up, especially for a tenner. If we really are as popular and in need of expansion as people like to make out, we should have no problem selling out.

We will sell out easily.

Are the tickets meant to be on sale? I can't see them online?

Should be online for ST holders. Members get it on Friday with general sale on Saturday. Make sure you're actually logged into lcfcdirect - mine likes to randomly log out sometimes

Good pricing from Leicester. Echo what most have said about tickets. This is a great chance to go down.

Problem is if you don't have an ST or a membership, tickets only go on sale about 2 days before the game! There's no way they'll be able to physically process the 10000 or so seats that will be left over once the STs and away fans have had their share. Plus everyone will need to pick up on the day which will lead to massive queues and people moaning they miss the start of the game after the club put out about 1618383 reminders to come early. :D

Problem is if you don't have an ST or a membership, tickets only go on sale about 2 days before the game! There's no way they'll be able to physically process the 10000 or so seats that will be left over once the STs and away fans have had their share. Plus everyone will need to pick up on the day which will lead to massive queues and people moaning they miss the start of the game after the club put out about 1618383 reminders to come early. :D

It doesn't matter what the club do, fans (if you can call them that) will always find an excuse be it money, work, kids etc.

If it was a semi final at Wembley they'd suddenly find £60-70 and the time and be begging for STH refs for those not going.

Fulham in the capital one cup the other season, they were still top flight, we had about 10K empty seats, yet it was one of the best cup games ever.

The same with West Ham this season, 10k empty.

You need to remember before we were in the premier league, around a third of the ground was empty, where all of a sudden did these fans appear from?

I'd still say that's mostly the club's fault though. There's no need to be strict with priority categories when demand is low.

It doesn't matter what the club do, fans (if you can call them that) will always find an excuse be it money, work, kids etc.

If it was a semi final at Wembley they'd suddenly find £60-70 and the time and be begging for STH refs for those not going.

Fulham in the capital one cup the other season, they were still top flight, we had about 10K empty seats, yet it was one of the best cup games ever.

You need to remember before we were in the premier league, around a third of the ground was empty, where all of a sudden did these fans appear from?

If it was a home tie originally, I don't think we'd have any problem selling out. The point I was making is that we're going to struggle as we've basically got 6 working days to sell 32000 tickets. 

last fa cup game vs a prem side at home, newcastle last year, cheap tickets, think there was nearly 10k empty seats? 

last decent fa cup replay was vs forest a few years ago, tickets were cheap and i would be surprised if we sold much more than 10k tickets at all? 

last decent cup tie vs a prem team at home we just got past 20k. 

all points to a sell oooot

Newcastle: 23,212

Forest: 16,210

West Ham: 21,268

As you said zero chance of a sell out, even with cheap tickets. I honestly think we could have £1 a ticket and would struggle selling out for cup games, people just are not interested in them. Yet beg when Arsenal / Man Utd and Chelsea comes around. Be lucky to hit 25,000 imo.

If it was a home tie originally, I don't think we'd have any problem selling out. The point I was making is that we're going to struggle as we've basically got 6 working days to sell 32000 tickets.

The majority of fans now have access to an Internet device, it's not like you've got to go down and queue around the block at filbert street. If they want to go they'd find a way of getting a ticket, be it drop in the store, online etc.

If this was Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool you'd have people on here begging for tickets.

The other week against Man City as I was leaving the ground I could here a lad behind me talking to someone telling him that was only his 3rd ever game he'd been to. The other games were Arsenal & Chelsea, he then said he didn't bother getting tickets for the Aston Villa game as he didn't think it would have been as good as it was.

Newcastle: 23,212

Forest: 16,210

West Ham: 21,268

As you said zero chance of a sell out, even with cheap tickets. I honestly think we could have £1 a ticket and would struggle selling out for cup games, people just are not interested in them. Yet beg when Arsenal / Man Utd and Chelsea comes around. Be lucky to hit 25,000 imo.

wouldnt necessarily say its lack of interest. perhaps a small amount is down to that, but mainly the fact that people spend like 500 quid on a season ticket, and we get to january and the club want you to spend more money on tickets to games. it really wouldnt hurt the club in the slightest if every season ticket got a carling cup and an fa cup match included. especially seen as we used to have 23 games on an ST and now we only have 19. even if they made the season tickets £10 more expensive, nobody would bat an eyelid, and this game would be a sell out before it had even gone on sale. 

Archived