Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

FA Cup 3rd round replay Spurs 20/01/2016 7.45pm

wouldnt necessarily say its lack of interest. perhaps a small amount is down to that, but mainly the fact that people spend like 500 quid on a season ticket, and we get to january and the club want you to spend more money on tickets to games. it really wouldnt hurt the club in the slightest if every season ticket got a carling cup and an fa cup match included. especially seen as we used to have 23 games on an ST and now we only have 19. even if they made the season tickets £10 more expensive, nobody would bat an eyelid, and this game would be a sell out before it had even gone on sale.

£10 to watch 2 premiership teams in the Fa Cup isn't really a lot of money is it.

If this was Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool it would sell out straight the way without anyone moaning. People have been complaining about not getting tickets & us needing a bigger stadium, well here's a perfect opportunity for them to get tickets & watch us.

£10 to watch 2 premiership teams in the Fa Cup isn't really a lot of money is it.

If this was Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool it would sell out straight the way without anyone moaning. People have been complaining about not getting tickets & us needing a bigger stadium, well here's a perfect opportunity for them to get tickets & watch us.

no its not a lot, its a great price, but it's still more money at the end of the day. like i said, a few thousand more would undoubtedly make the effort to go if they'd already paid for the ticket, rather than having to get back online/in the queue and pay for another ticket etc. 

bare in mind that time that we sold more tickets to a meaningless dead rubber game vs middlesbrough than we did for the home leg of the play off semi final the week later, purely because it wasnt included in ST deals. some people just won't pay again when they think they've already paid enough, no matter what the price or the occasion. 

it's a tuesday (or weds?) night, it's january, we play 4 midweek games in little over a month, with this being the "least" important in most calendars, as well as the hardest to arrange due to it only becoming a fixture 24 hours ago. they're all pretty crap reasons to not sell out but that's life. 

Yeh it won't sell out. Like it or not, a lot of people just don't consider the FA Cup an elite competition any more, not until the quarter-finals anyway. Add to the fact it's on a Tuesday night and a replay, not many will be bothered.

I'm definitely going on the other hand; beat these and we've a great chance on getting to the 5th round, another good draw and who knows what could happen. Plus, we should be enforcing the point that cheap tickets attracts fans. We can't complain about expensive tickets and then when they're cheap not go. That's not going to help our cause.

I'll be a bit annoyed if the players come out and instead of seeing a large, passionate crowd as usual, which has inspired victories the past; they see loads of empty seats and no atmosphere.

Even that those prices be staggered if it sells out. But that will because of all the people begging for tickets home and away won't want to Watch 2 2nd string sides.

Ummm.

No mate, it'll be because all us workers, living out of the area, cant make it for a 7-45 mid-week kick off. But you knew that!

Feel sorry for you guys that don't get excited by the fa cup. I was brought up on cup replays at Filbo in the 60/70's. Always a fantastic atmosphere.

Before I die, I have to see us lift that trophy. Sod the champions league, although if we do qualify I will be first in line for away tickets!!

Guest CityFan 06

Top pricing from the club. I'll be going to this one, so very pleased. I really like night games at the King Power, especially with the atmosphere we create nowadays. Predicting a 23/24k attendance.

I'm an ST holder who has purchased both his entitlement of tickets.

My mates just given me his reference number so that I can purchase another additional ticket in order for me to take both my sons.

How do I go about getting the extra ticket?

Do I simply phone the club, give them his ticket reference number and then order and pay for the ticket , give them my address so the ticket is sent to me?

Thanks in advance to any replies.

I'm an ST holder who has purchased both his entitlement of tickets.

My mates just given me his reference number so that I can purchase another additional ticket in order for me to take both my sons.

How do I go about getting the extra ticket?

Do I simply phone the club, give them his ticket reference number and then order and pay for the ticket , give them my address so the ticket is sent to me?

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Almost. Phone up, give the ref, order and pay, and the ticket will be sent to the address related to the ref. No matter how much you beg, they will not send to your address. They may say they will, but it just never happens.

I buy tickets online and use other people's references and have no issue having the tickets sent to my address.

Online it is usually fine, has worked when a few have used mine before. Its over the phone that's the issue as they always send it to the address that is linked to the ref number.

I buy tickets online and use other people's references and have no issue having the tickets sent to my address.

But if your doing it online, presumably they are in your friends and family and therefore linked to your account.

In which case they are sent to the account holder who's account you are logged into.

I order all away tickets online but always log in via my mates account. I pay but they are sent to his address as it is his account.

Problem is if you don't have an ST or a membership, tickets only go on sale about 2 days before the game! There's no way they'll be able to physically process the 10000 or so seats that will be left over once the STs and away fans have had their share. Plus everyone will need to pick up on the day which will lead to massive queues and people moaning they miss the start of the game after the club put out about 1618383 reminders to come early. :D

Fair point. General sale being Saturday is a bit daft. Thursday would've made sense.

But if your doing it online, presumably they are in your friends and family and therefore linked to your account.

In which case they are sent to the account holder who's account you are logged into.

I order all away tickets online but always log in via my mates account. I pay but they are sent to his address as it is his account.

Nope I logged into my mates account as he was a season ticket holder but I, and a few others, were all silver members (linked to his account). I ordered the tickets and added my address and they were all sent to me (albeit addressed to him but still my address). The reason we used his account was because one of the guys going wasn't a member and so another STH who was also linked to his account said we could use his reference as he wasn't going

Nope I logged into my mates account as he was a season ticket holder but I, and a few others, were all silver members (linked to his account). I ordered the tickets and added my address and they were all sent to me (albeit addressed to him but still my address). The reason we used his account was because one of the guys going wasn't a member and so another STH who was also linked to his account said we could use his reference as he wasn't going

ah can't say i've ever noticed the option to change address, then to be honest we have had cases of tickets turning up at individuals houses in the past, this season seems a lot better tho.

bloke in the shop said it might be changed to the wednesday due to tv. we'll find out later today.

Yes, I phoned up earlier and he said that this may be the case so I held off purchasing as I don't think I can make it on the Wednesday. You'd think they'd decide these things fairly quickly!

bloke in the shop said it might be changed to the wednesday due to tv. we'll find out later today.

I'm gonna be p****d off if it gets changed now, after the trouble I went through yesterday to swap my shifts around so I could make the Tuesday. Does it say anywhere when buying tickets that the dates are 'subject to change'?

Archived