Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

Boro Fan here, just love the way you boys are tearing up the Premiership!

Hope we are playing you next season !!

Oh by the way you appreciate the fact Huth learned his skills at our place  :D

go you foxes!!

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4741847

Actually, he learned his trade at Chelsea first. :D

But looking forward to playing you next season. You've got to get promoted! Mainly for another encounter with the Nuge.

Kudos to the opposition fans coming on here praising us. Sounds arrogant maybe but English football needed this.

No, I think something special is happening which is to the good of everyone in football. A great respect to those people who cheer us on in Grottingham or Chaventry, I hope we would be as generous if if it were the other way around

Amazing, scarcely believable performance. One question, though...

Was anyone else at all surprised that we didn't take Vardy off after going up 3-0? Given the lack of depth at the position and given how critical he is to our prospects, I thought 20 minutes or so of extra rest would have been sensible.

Kudos to the opposition fans coming on here praising us. Sounds arrogant maybe but English football needed this.

This. I think it gives everyone belief apart from the normal sides. If we can do it maybe they can. Feels like everyone apart from the obvious want is to do it

This. I think it gives everyone belief apart from the normal sides. If we can do it maybe they can. Feels like everyone apart from the obvious want is to do it

Even Man City fans (I mean real Man City fans) have been telling me they would like us to do it. Only Arsenal and United fans seem to be quite bitter about it.

Part of me thinks things aligned perfectly for us to win this game - Kompany injured, early kick off which I felt might bring about a sluggish Man City, Yaya Toure out of sorts, Man City throwing us a gift in announcing Pep to join in the summer throwing doubt into their own camp, no new striker coming in for us, meaning we didn't have to make changes to a functioning side...

But you still have to perform on the day and you can see the tactics were spot on (leaving Vardy up top against their centre halves) our set piece play excellent and individuals made key telling contributions at key times (Huth, twice, Mahrez with his brilliance, Kasper with that save and many more).

Those things are the signs of Champions... we just need to prove it again for at least 11 times out of 13!

Even Man City fans (I mean real Man City fans) have been telling me they would like us to do it. Only Arsenal and United fans seem to be quite bitter about it.

Well real Man City and Chelsea fans have had the proper dark days, so they understand where we've come from and how great a feeling it is.

Arsenal and Manchester United fans (plus some,Liverpool fans) have that feeling of entitlement and so of course they feel a bit threatened.

Archived