Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

What’s the point? There’s no purpose anymore. 

It's the worst feeling in the world, but ultimately it's a feeling, and there will come a time when you feel differently, better. You haven't always felt like this, and you won't always feel like this, however real and all encompassing it is at this moment

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's the worst feeling in the world, but ultimately it's a feeling, and there will come a time when you feel differently, better. You haven't always felt like this, and you won't always feel like this, however real and all encompassing it is at this moment

And a feeling always comes from a thought first.

And our thoughts aren’t always to be trusted 

• Like 2

Seems like you're trying to reach out @Bert, even by just posting on here. Obviously don't need to open up and let it all out on here if you're not prepared to, and I totally understand as people know who you are in real life, but talk to someone. Maybe one of the lads you trust would be happy to talk via the private messaging on here.

• Like 1

Really struggling with my state of mind at the moment. It’s like I’ve got demons in my head that every single time I try and do something positive, something negative comes along and I just try and sabotage all the hard work I’ve done previously.

Definitely going to see my GP on Monday because I can’t cope with what’s in my head right now, I feel like I’d rather die than continue with life currently.

The more I think about my life the more I think I’ve been suffering silently for years.

1 hour ago, chrishlcfc said:

Really struggling with my state of mind at the moment. It’s like I’ve got demons in my head that every single time I try and do something positive, something negative comes along and I just try and sabotage all the hard work I’ve done previously.

Definitely going to see my GP on Monday because I can’t cope with what’s in my head right now, I feel like I’d rather die than continue with life currently.

The more I think about my life the more I think I’ve been suffering silently for years.

Going to the doctor is a really positive step in itself. I'm assuming you've not been to them for this before?

A lot of folk, myself included, have done the same as you in that for any number of reasons we have trodden a path for many years that was never going to lead anywhere good. Seeing your GP can be the start of the next, better part of your life, maybe only in a low key way to start with, but it's you making a choice to do something about the situation you're in. It's very easy to accept feeling bad as just how things are, but you shouldn't forget that you are no less deserving of peace of mind than anybody else, hard though that might be at the moment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

Thank god for this football team. The only thing that is dragging me through at the minute is the how we're doing and the thought of being back at the King Power sometime in the future.

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd like to apologise for the times I don't respond - sometimes, I'm quietly trying to get through the day.

DMs are always open if you ever need a chat guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd like to apologise for the times I don't respond - sometimes, I'm quietly trying to get through the day.

Same here.

Sometimes you just have to take care of yourself.

• Like 3

Guest Bert Fill
On 20/03/2021 at 13:39, Bert said:

What’s the point? There’s no purpose anymore. 

It can feel like that, and it’s an awful, empty feeling. But it can and will pass.

Everyone’s different of course, but the best thing I ever did was go to my GP, who put me in touch with groups/people who could (and did) help.

But please talk to someone about it. It might feel as if nothing and nobody can help you, but there are people who want to listen and want to help. And they can. They really can.

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Working in a GP practice, I’d say we get at least one patient a day seeking help for suicidal thoughts in the last 24 hours currently. 

It’s so frustrating to see how the government seem to be just accepting the fact that a third wave will hit at some point. Personally, I feel we’re in a mental health pandemic more so than anything, but that’s just my opinion. 

We aren’t built to live like this, I’m so fed up of the work-home cycle and not being able to progress with anything outside of work.

I haven’t looked after myself this lockdown and the other morning I went for a run and was sick afterwards. Physically and mentally I feel drained. Just want a bit of normality so my mind can go elsewhere, I’m desperate to get back to footy in just over a weeks time, at least I’ll get to see some faces I haven’t in a while and hopefully it will do me some good mentally and physically. 

How quickly have numbers increased? How would you say it compares to a year ago, or even 6 months?

Really struggling again today and it’s doing my head in because I really don’t know why. I’m having more bad days than good at the minute, really can’t seem to rid my negative mindset, so that’s why I’m probably struggling to cope so much. It scares me when I think about all the negative thoughts that go round my head nearly all the time.

Anyway got my prescription from the doctor today, so hopefully the medication he has prescribed me will have a positive effect on me when it starts to kick in, in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Feeling close to giving it all up. I'm tired of living in my head. 

I've tried everything, I've spoken, I've done CBT, I've tried tablets, I've tried meditation and relaxation and I'm still going through turmoil in my head day in and day out without ever the slightest improvement.

All I can think about is getting it over with so I dont have to put up with my own feelings any longer.

I've felt like this for so many years I just don't see the point in trying to push through any more. 

45 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Feeling close to giving it all up. I'm tired of living in my head. 

I've tried everything, I've spoken, I've done CBT, I've tried tablets, I've tried meditation and relaxation and I'm still going through turmoil in my head day in and day out without ever the slightest improvement.

All I can think about is getting it over with so I dont have to put up with my own feelings any longer.

I've felt like this for so many years I just don't see the point in trying to push through any more. 

Really sorry to hear this mate. Is there anything you can cling onto that gives you some hope or purpose? Things are shit at the moment so maybe that's exacerbated things. When things get going again you might feel differently. 

Don't give up man, there's good days to be had

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Really sorry to hear this mate. Is there anything you can cling onto that gives you some hope or purpose? Things are shit at the moment so maybe that's exacerbated things. When things get going again you might feel differently. 

Don't give up man, there's good days to be had

Thanks for the response. The thought of things opening up is one of the main worries I have right now. Nothing to do with the virus though.

As a massive introvert and father of two quiet, shy children the last year has been, on a personal level, so much more relaxed and happy for all of us. There's been no events to be excluded from or pain in seeing my children struggling.

This obviously isn't the only thing going on but it's adding to the stresses. 

The love for my beautiful boys is the only thing stopping me getting into my car and driving off to the spot I've had in my head for years. But I'm not sure even that can stop me for much longer.

I've just had enough.

3 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Thanks for the response. The thought of things opening up is one of the main worries I have right now. Nothing to do with the virus though.

As a massive introvert and father of two quiet, shy children the last year has been, on a personal level, so much more relaxed and happy for all of us. There's been no events to be excluded from or pain in seeing my children struggling.

The love for my beautiful boys is the only thing stopping me getting into my car and driving off to the spot I've had in my head for years. But I'm not sure even that can stop me for much longer.

I've just had enough.

It bloody can stop you and it will! You wouldn't do that to your boys who you quite clearly love to bits. Being a dad means you're their everything mate and giving up simply isn't an option. Keep trying for their sake

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It bloody can stop you and it will! You wouldn't do that to your boys who you quite clearly love to bits. Being a dad means you're their everything mate and giving up simply isn't an option. Keep trying for their sake

I'm at the point where my negative thoughts and feelings are taking over 24/7 and I'm not much use.

Work wise all I've done all week is switch on the laptop to make it look like I'm working but I've done nothing, literally nothing. Not because I dont want to but because I can't function. There's more and more stuff coming in via email etc and I just don't have the energy or motivation to do it. 

Sometimes wish I liked alcohol or drugs or something just to take the edge off or escape from my own thoughts but I hate alcohol and haven't touched a drug in my life so that's off the cards.

31 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I'm at the point where my negative thoughts and feelings are taking over 24/7 and I'm not much use.

Work wise all I've done all week is switch on the laptop to make it look like I'm working but I've done nothing, literally nothing. Not because I dont want to but because I can't function. There's more and more stuff coming in via email etc and I just don't have the energy or motivation to do it. 

Sometimes wish I liked alcohol or drugs or something just to take the edge off or escape from my own thoughts but I hate alcohol and haven't touched a drug in my life so that's off the cards.

I'm in no way qualified to tell you what you should do but please try absolutely everything you can before putting those boys through that. Really hope you can get sorted 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Rain King said:

I've just had enough.

I was in a bad place 20 years ago and can relate to your feelings.  It didn't make me feel any better at the time but one thought I had was that I wasn't free to die.  I had family, also two children.  The image I couldn't stand was my children at my funeral thinking that Daddy didn't want to look after them any more.  It helped me get through the pain.

My life changed a lot but I still have my family, I've seen my children grow up and that makes all the suffering worthwhile.  And I'm much, much more content now even though my health has deteriorated with advancing age. When I was down I couldn't see the future but it was there and worth having, I just had to do what I could to get through the bad times, which did end despite my feelings that they never would. 

If you can, please be kind to yourself.  Your posts say to me that you are a caring person, you'll be treasured by your children.  This has been a terrible year for many, but it doesn't represent the future.  

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
6 hours ago, Rain King said:

I've just had enough.

I agree with you about the lockdown lifting. I know a lot of people have found it hard, but I’ve loved it. I am so much more relaxed and less stressed, and I’ve had so much more time with the kids. Doesn’t help that we’re all supposed to be struggling with lockdown and really looking forward to it ending - a lot ofus are the opposite!

You have two beautiful boys - you’re a big part of why they’re so great, you know. There was a time when I didn’t realise that was true for me and my kids, but they’re fantastic so I must be doing something right. My two are teenagers now - how old are yours?

I always feel a bit of a fraud on here as any depression I get is self inflicted, situational stuff and not clinical. 

This weekend is a  bit of a toughie. 

Divorced and  a weekend without kids. A girl I've been chasing at work (and has kept me occupied since start of year with texts and facetiming each evening) has run its course.  No football to occupy the void. 

A long bike ride, a walk with a mate have both failed to dispel the blues. 

It'll pass. But a pretty chastening weekend

17 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I always feel a bit of a fraud on here as any depression I get is self inflicted, situational stuff and not clinical. 

This weekend is a  bit of a toughie. 

Divorced and  a weekend without kids. A girl I've been chasing at work (and has kept me occupied since start of year with texts and facetiming each evening) has run its course.  No football to occupy the void. 

A long bike ride, a walk with a mate have both failed to dispel the blues. 

It'll pass. But a pretty chastening weekend

As HPF said, you’re not a fraud in any way - I can actually really relate to how you’re feeling as I’ve had a similar weekend myself. Felt really down for no major reason, but have woken up much more like myself this morning, it happens sometimes.

Sad as it is the lack of football probably played its part for me too, as in the week I have uni and the work from that to keep me occupied, and the football is my thing at the weekend. Added to that I’m also experiencing some kind of stress due to a girl (honestly, the most stressful times in my life have been when a new girl comes into it, don’t know why I do it to myself!). So I genuinely can relate to how these seemingly insignificant issues can really alter how you’re feeling. Don’t ever feel like you’re a fraud for talking about them though, it’s important that you do. 

If you ever feel like a chat, my DMs are always open mate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1