Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

2 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Finally tapering off my SSRI meds, cut down from 100mg to 50mg. Been on these (sertraline) for about 8 years now.

Waking up every morning absolutely full of dread, hate these withdrawal symptoms.

Best of luck to you.

I went off my meds(effexor) in November after 3 years of taking them. Brilliant as I am, I did it cold turkey. Wasn't the best idea ever and I still have some days where I think "Why the fuch did I do that?". Managing though now and I don't miss all the side effects.

Edited by spacemunky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Best of luck to you.

I went off my meds(effexor) in November after 3 years of taking them. Brilliant as I am, I did it cold turkey. Wasn't the best idea ever and I still have some days where I think "Why the fuch did I do that?". Managing though now and I don't miss all the side effects.

Thank you mate!

That must have been dreadful just stopping cold turkey, my doc asked if I wanted to go down again to 25mg but it seemed a little early for me. Did you get many side effects after stopping, also how long did they last for? Glad to hear you’re doing well!

30 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Thank you mate!

That must have been dreadful just stopping cold turkey, my doc asked if I wanted to go down again to 25mg but it seemed a little early for me. Did you get many side effects after stopping, also how long did they last for? Glad to hear you’re doing well!

I got very sick for a couple weeks with a few days of horror mixed in lol

It's certainly not the recommended route to go, but that's part of my problem :D

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Starting to really struggle over the last week or so and it’s thrown me after a period of feeing great.

Hang in there mate. Pubs open on Monday and the start of things getting back to normal. You'll hopefully be able to book a holiday soon and have something to look forward to - summer is on it's way.

I've been struggling recently too but I know that as soon as the gym open's and I get back in that routine, I'll start to feel better.

I pray we're over the worst now and there's light at the end of the tunnel for everyone. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Get back on the exercise buddy! 🙂

I have still been doing it to be honest, back to playing football as well. Just not really enjoying many elements to life at the minute and have a few decisions to make which have thrown me a bit.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I have still been doing it to be honest, back to playing football as well. Just not really enjoying many elements to life at the minute and have a few decisions to make which have thrown me a bit.

Okay, if you want the talk anything through just PM me.

On an aside, I’ve started a new programme 5 days a week - it’s different to anything I’ve tried before but probably more for discussion in the gym thread! It’s keeping my occupied and my mind away from a new job I took in earlier this year and fifty percentage of it I’m struggling to remotely enjoy - mainly down to the way it’s set up - still lucky to have work in this climate though, so I just keep lifting and hoping my brain doesn’t stop producing serotonin!

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Okay, if you want the talk anything through just PM me.

On an aside, I’ve started a new programme 5 days a week - it’s different to anything I’ve tried before but probably more for discussion in the gym thread! It’s keeping my occupied and my mind away from a new job I took in earlier this year and fifty percentage of it I’m struggling to remotely enjoy - mainly down to the way it’s set up - still lucky to have work in this climate though, so I just keep lifting and hoping my brain doesn’t stop producing serotonin!

That’s good.

Yeah think I’ve ****ed myself over on the serotonin and probably ran out lol. Genuinely felt about invincible 2 weeks ago, had the jab which knocked me for 6 and here we are.

I’ve got a choice to make re my job which I think is the underlying factor in all of this. Happiness and a massive financial gamble or working from a spare bedroom until I do something else. It’s actually made me consider many elements to my life and that’s where things start to unravel a little bit.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

That’s good.

Yeah think I’ve ****ed myself over on the serotonin and probably ran out lol. Genuinely felt about invincible 2 weeks ago, had the jab which knocked me for 6 and here we are.

I’ve got a choice to make re my job which I think is the underlying factor in all of this. Happiness and a massive financial gamble or working from a spare bedroom until I do something else.

Think slow.

Never ever thought this virus would do such a number on me without even getting it. I battled hard with depression since the end of last year, things went better for a couple of weeks, then had a relapse due to work stress and my alcohol consumption went through the roof.

Just lost my job and I've really hit rock bottom.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Never ever thought this virus would do such a number on me without even getting it. I battled hard with depression since the end of last year, things went better for a couple of weeks, then had a relapse due to work stress and my alcohol consumption went through the roof.

Just lost my job and I've really hit rock bottom.

Oh man. Try to use the difficulty if you can.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Finding it hard reading all the self-righteous sanctimony from people who like to toss such accusations at others so readily.

It's quite amazing how little self awareness some people have.

I've lost count of the amount of times on social media that one day someone is posting how it's important to be empathetic and look out for each other and then a day or two later, they're slagging someone off lol

It seems like the rule is, if you know or like somebody - or have have been affected yourself, then you are compassionate and empathetic. If it's someone you don't know or don't like then they're simply bad people and deserve no compassion or empathy haha.

I mean, I catch myself doing it at times as well, when I do I have to kind of internally recalibrate and try and start my thoughts on a situation from scratch again.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

It's quite amazing how little self awareness some people have.

I've lost count of the amount of times on social media that one day someone is posting how it's important to be empathetic and look out for each other and then a day or two later, they're slagging someone off lol

It seems like the rule is, if you know or like somebody - or have have been affected yourself, then you are compassionate and empathetic. If it's someone you don't know or don't like then they're simply bad people and deserve no compassion or empathy haha.

I mean, I catch myself doing it at times as well, when I do I have to kind of internally recalibrate and try and start my thoughts on a situation from scratch again.

It's essentially the same rule that gets applied to the law, the rules and indeed patriotism - I like my  version of them, but challenge those versions and you become an enemy of the people.

I'm off topic - apologies.

31 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Frankly, I've hit a wall, and won't get out of this on my own this time. I feel absolutely dead inside.

Time to seek for professional help, I think.

Ask for the help mate. Just asking for help is the first step and that alone will make you feel better

• Like 3