Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Today is a bad day for me. I feel like I don’t want to be around anymore. 

If you can please try to put today into context.  You will have spent most of your life not feeling like this, and unless the matter or issues that have caused you to feel like this will stay with you at the same intensity for the rest of your life (which is rare) it is very likely that you'll spend your future years not feeling like this.  Which makes the present time a trial to get through, with the reward of better times ahead.  You may not feel that way now but there are many who post in this thread that have been where you are now and have come through it.

Just now, Bert said:

I’m on the verge of losing everything. 

I'm wary of saying too much, because it feels to me like you (quite rightly) don't want to be too specific, and as a Moderator I think it is even harder for you to open up. If I were in a similar position, I'd probably be trying to deal with everything all at once - so maybe just deal with the next hour, or maybe just the next 10 minutes. Keep talking if you can.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm wary of saying too much, because it feels to me like you (quite rightly) don't want to be too specific, and as a Moderator I think it is even harder for you to open up. If I were in a similar position, I'd probably be trying to deal with everything all at once - so maybe just deal with the next hour, or maybe just the next 10 minutes. Keep talking if you can.

My head is absolutely gone. 

I’ve been at work for 3 hours and all I’ve managed is the bare minimum because I’ve just got constant tears running down my face. 

I don’t know what to do anymore. 

Just now, Bert said:

My head is absolutely gone. 

I’ve been at work for 3 hours and all I’ve managed is the bare minimum because I’ve just got constant tears running down my face. 

I don’t know what to do anymore. 

You're talking - that's a start. If it is any consolation, I've been there, many of us have. I don't know the set-up at your workplace, I'm assuming there's nobody you can have a word with... it sounds as though you're going something deeply distressing - as another person said, wisely - right now is not forever. Keep breathing.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

This resonates with me so much. 

I don't mean to pry but I believe you've recently become a father? 

I might be way off the mark but for me personally, becoming a dad was way, way harder than I expected, coupled with a stressful job... I found it hard to juggle everything. 

Truth be told I posted on this thread a couple of months back and I'm still struggling, but just because I'm struggling doesn't mean I'm failing. Keep your head up. 

Well my son is 2 at the end of the month so not really recently. At first I found it a bit tough because I was so used to it being just me and the missus. Just want to be the best dad and partner. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

you don't have to be the best chief. Just do your best. Some times we get it right, sometimes, we don't. We're also close on a year into the most difficult period most of us have ever experienced. Try not to be too tough on yourself. I hope you find some serenity soon. I suspect many of us have been where you are. It's most certainly not just you. All the best to you.

Thank you. I’m trying my best and that’s all I can do. 

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

I hope you feel better today mate. I always meditate and put on this, really helps 

Will give it a try tonight, thanks mate. Feeling a bit better today but the last 36 hours have been torture. Felt genuinely at risk last night. I know I'll be fine in a few days but just getting through this phase is a bastard.

On 10/03/2021 at 23:25, Ian Nacho said:

Ordered myself some CBD oil for some brain fog issues I’ve had lately. Might be a complete waste of £36 but worth the risk if it makes me feel a tiny better. Anyone had any experience with it?

Would love to know how it goes :thumbup:Heard some positive things but wasn't sure if it was just one of those "hypes"

On 11/03/2021 at 00:25, Ian Nacho said:

Ordered myself some CBD oil for some brain fog issues I’ve had lately. Might be a complete waste of £36 but worth the risk if it makes me feel a tiny better. Anyone had any experience with it?

I've used both 600mg and 1200mg, I felt a bit more relaxed initially but I'm unsure whether it was a placebo effect. I'm a regular doobie smoker, so that probably doesn't help my judgement.

I have a lot of friends that swear by it for all sorts of ailments, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it