Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

I just feel so empty. Things were on the up for such a long time last year despite the pandemic. For the first time in years, I felt like I had a proper routine and grip of my life.

Then the everchanging restrictions and living in the same bubble has slowly eaten away at me since. Contracting covid was a real sickening blow. I got over the "flu" within days but the fatigue and physical drain lasted for months. 

Have come out of it symptom wise, psychologically I haven't recovered. Totally lost control of the routine I had - deadlines piling up at work, sorting finances, family doing my head in, weight gain, social pressures from friends. 

And no sense of escape or "go to places" to take my mind of things. The only time I get to myself is in bed, which I spend struggling to sleep because I don't wanna face the BS in the morning.

There's no end in sight either which hits me the most. I'm fed up

Edited by TK95

@TK95

I'm fed up too mate. It's so much harder this time around with the long winter nights as well.

Hang in there, take it day by day. I try and enjoy what's right in front of me as best as possible, and avoid thinking too far into the future. That never really helps, especially when it feels like the next few weeks is going to be exactly the same as the last few have been.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Feel under serious pressure after doing nothing.

Hey mate, Hope you are OK.

Im here if you'd like to chat :)

lol I can give you a live broadcast of the latest protest im attending in about an hour :)

Invasion Day 2021: Here's a list of protests and events happening on  January 26 | Green Left

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

its only small but i have started taking vitamin D, might be a placebo affect or maybe not but feel a lot better. 

If you are working from home, try and get out for half a hour walk every day, it won't fix everything but it does you great being outside

I’ve just bought some magnesium tablets for mood and energy, hopefully see some good effects as well

19 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

its only small but i have started taking vitamin D, might be a placebo affect or maybe not but feel a lot better. 

If you are working from home, try and get out for half a hour walk every day, it won't fix everything but it does you great being outside

Good advice, I've been taking 4000mui per day form months!  It helps.  I take magnesium to go to sleep some times.  Seems to help.

My stress levels are through the roof at the moment trying to finalise house sale and move into rental property.  7 year old is in anti school work mode and my daughter broke her arm at the weekend.  Arrrgh!

20 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

I've been taking Vitamin D3 for the last nine months, largely for its effect on the immune system which is below par in the darker conditions of Autumn and Winter.  The Government has now started a Vitamin D program, the elderly (I qualify) can sign up to this and get supplements this Winter.  The vitamin D hasn't made me feel differently, but that doesn't bother me as its' effect is preventive.

Just been told that because of the line of work I do (or did before the lockdown started; a personal care assistant to a young man with autism), that I'm eligible for a vaccine!

Feels a bit weird being treated like my job (and life) matters after 8 years of being treated (and paid) as a "low skilled" worker.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just been told that because of the line of work I do (or did before the lockdown started; a personal care assistant to a young man with autism), that I'm eligible for a vaccine!

Feels a bit weird being treated like my job (and life) matters after 8 years of being treated (and paid) as a "low skilled" worker.

Society is largely inverse. The essentials are paid poorly. Sanitation, education, health, and care. Sad but inevitable. 

• Like 2

On 27/01/2021 at 15:41, Jon the Hat said:

Good advice, I've been taking 4000mui per day form months!  It helps.  I take magnesium to go to sleep some times.  Seems to help.

My stress levels are through the roof at the moment trying to finalise house sale and move into rental property.  7 year old is in anti school work mode and my daughter broke her arm at the weekend.  Arrrgh!

On 27/01/2021 at 14:35, DanNDH88 said:

I’ve just bought some magnesium tablets for mood and energy, hopefully see some good effects as well

i think it definitely works. i am also doing veganuary and dry Jan so i imagine that has helped as well 

15 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

i think it definitely works. i am also doing veganuary and dry Jan so i imagine that has helped as well 

I think it is important to isolate the benefits so I have continued eating a cow a week and drinking wine daily to see if the magnesium works.

On 29/01/2021 at 23:15, Parafox said:

You guys do a wonderful job. Even in my line of work, I couldn't imagine having to manage being so involved with an individual like you do. I imagine it would be immensely rewarding, though. What you do matters beyond anything else to your "young man".. You fully deserve the priority status for a vaccine. Not as reward, but as a necessity. Top marks for what you do. I've met many personal care assistants and I fully respect you all.

Completely second every word said here.

And people who do this job aren't paid enough by a long shot.

The joy and support you give to the people you care for is worth it's weight in gold.

• Thanks 1

Starting to really get fed up of these four walls now. Not been out anywhere (bar daily walks) since October. I know all these restrictions are aimed at protecting others but I would quite happily put myself at risk of dying if it meant I could stop living like this. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Starting to really get fed up of these four walls now. Not been out anywhere (bar daily walks) since October. I know all these restrictions are aimed at protecting others but I would quite happily put myself at risk of dying if it meant I could stop living like this. 

Totally understandable, but, and without wishing to either judge you or place pressure on your conscience, that is the dilemma so many of us are also facing. So you're not alone, even though you are alone. Sadly, 'they' know that people who try to do what is right will be feeling it - try not to join in with the temptations, however tempting. None of this is good for our mental health, I do empathise.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2021 at 18:28, Sharpe's Fox said:

Your job helping this young man live his life to his fullest is of much greater social value than most others. Is a stone at the top of a mountain of any more worth than ones at the base? Care workers are the unsung heroes of our society and it's good that this is being recognised more.

On 29/01/2021 at 23:15, Parafox said:

You guys do a wonderful job. Even in my line of work, I couldn't imagine having to manage being so involved with an individual like you do. I imagine it would be immensely rewarding, though. What you do matters beyond anything else to your "young man".. You fully deserve the priority status for a vaccine. Not as reward, but as a necessity. Top marks for what you do. I've met many personal care assistants and I fully respect you all.

On 31/01/2021 at 00:56, tom27111 said:

Completely second every word said here.

And people who do this job aren't paid enough by a long shot.

The joy and support you give to the people you care for is worth it's weight in gold.

Much appreciated, thank you all.

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

You should be proud that you've taken this so seriously, and restricted yourself for the benefits of others. Like HPF said you're absolutely not alone.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Totally understandable, but, and without wishing to either judge you or place pressure on your conscience, that is the dilemma so many of us are also facing. So you're not alone, even though you are alone. Sadly, 'they' know that people who try to do what is right will be feeling it - try not to join in with the temptations, however tempting. None of this is good for our mental health, I do empathise.

Only thing I can really add is that It really feels to me that we're on the last stretch. Vaccines are rolling out nicely in the UK so hopefully we can start to lift the harshest restrictions by the middle of the year and get back to some sort of normality. 

• Like 1

Feeling constantly angry at the minute. My temper is really suffering from the restrictions,  not physically but just mentally. Heavy arguments with the Mrs at least 3 times a week over petty stuff that gets escalated.

The scary thing is that I'm lucky enough to have never really suffered with my mental health haven't touched alcohol since new years, as well as being physically fitter than I've been in 15 years, so I shouldn't really be feeling how I do.

I guess what I'm saying is if I can feel so frustrated, I can't begin to imagine how bad people with history of poor mental health might feel. There's so many great posters on here with a plethora of advice so just reach out to those or myself and we can discuss our anger together lol

1 minute ago, deejdeej said:

Feeling constantly angry at the minute. My temper is really suffering from the restrictions,  not physically but just mentally. Heavy arguments with the Mrs at least 3 times a week over petty stuff that gets escalated.

The scary thing is that I'm lucky enough to have never really suffered with my mental health haven't touched alcohol since new years, as well as being physically fitter than I've been in 15 years, so I shouldn't really be feeling how I do.

I guess what I'm saying is if I can feel so frustrated, I can't begin to imagine how bad people with history of poor mental health might feel. There's so many great posters on here with a plethora of advice so just reach out to those or myself and we can discuss our anger together lol

No reason you shouldn't be feeling like it. Nobody is immune in the current situation. Don't beat yourself up about feeling like it.

My temper has been horrendous all week, mainly due to home schooling 😆.

10 minutes ago, Rain King said:

No reason you shouldn't be feeling like it. Nobody is immune in the current situation. Don't beat yourself up about feeling like it.

My temper has been horrendous all week, mainly due to home schooling 😆.

Thanks bud. I didn't mean it to sound like I'm hard up, as I can usually talk myself round soon enough. Just made me wonder how much toll this is taking on people that would have been struggling regardless of a pandemic. 

I don't envy your home schooling btw :beer:

25 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Thanks bud. I didn't mean it to sound like I'm hard up, as I can usually talk myself round soon enough. Just made me wonder how much toll this is taking on people that would have been struggling regardless of a pandemic. 

I don't envy your home schooling btw :beer:

Don't apologise! Even the strongest people are struggling at the minute. Your concerns and worries are as valid as anybody else.

To be honest this week it's been more of just home and very little schooling 😄

49 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

There's so many great posters on here with a plethora of advice so just reach out to those or myself and we can discuss our anger together lol

Thanks, that means a lot :D

• Like 1