Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

20 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

You don't say i'm scared to know how much you paid for it lol nice camper though!

It was a bit more than that but not loads more, we have had it for just under a year and in two minds over whether to get rid of it so we only will if we get a decent price for it.

Its a great van and I love it but realistically we shouldn’t have got it at the time we did and that’s why it’s on there.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It was a bit more than that but not loads more, we have had it for just under a year and in two minds over whether to get rid of it so we only will if we get a decent price for it.

Its a great van and I love it but realistically we shouldn’t have got it at the time we did and that’s why it’s on there.

Hope you get a decent price for it. Look like an awesome camper to have for longer journeys without being massive.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Any mechanics on here? Girlfriends mini one diesel is overheating and we're stuck in the arse end of derby. Water is appropriate level, fan is working, not sure what the issue could be or how to get away from derby.

Radweld

9 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

Radweld

Is that similar to k seal? I put a bottle of that in a week ago as I thought there may have been a leak but it's never overheated until today. The coolant bottle was hissing very slightly with very slight hints of water coming out but I don't know if that can lead to overheating.

Edited by Kopic

On 22/08/2019 at 22:09, Costock_Fox said:

I mentioned a while ago about selling my camper, well it’s on Autotrader now. It’s not cheap but here’s the link, please share with anyone who is interested.

One pic comes with a guest appearance from Wes.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908201355122?atmobcid=soc4

Very nice.  I wish.

5 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Is that similar to k seal? I put a bottle of that in a week ago as I thought there may have been a leak but it's never overheated until today. The coolant bottle was hissing very slightly with very slight hints of water coming out but I don't know if that can lead to overheating.

Following up, I've noticed what I believe to be the hydraulic fluid bottle (it says CHF 11s on it) to be extremely messy as if it has leaked through the lid. If this is low could that lead to overheating? 

5 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Following up, I've noticed what I believe to be the hydraulic fluid bottle (it says CHF 11s on it) to be extremely messy as if it has leaked through the lid. If this is low could that lead to overheating? 

is it a clear (or opaque white-ish) bottle?

2 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

is it a clear (or opaque white-ish) bottle?

Completely black bottle. Whatever it is I've opened it and the level is fine. Trying to open the coolant bottle (the white one) and water is pouring out every time I try aha

9 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Completely black bottle. Whatever it is I've opened it and the level is fine. Trying to open the coolant bottle (the white one) and water is pouring out every time I try aha

Don't open the coolant reservoir while the engine is already overheated. The system operates at pressure and wont come back down to ambient pressure until the coolant in the system has cooled down - thats why it'll be pouring out.

haven't scolded yourself as well as being stranded have you!?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

Don't open the coolant reservoir while the engine is already overheated. The system operates at pressure and wont come back down to ambient pressure until the coolant in the system has cooled down - thats why it'll be pouring out.

haven't scolded yourself as well as being stranded have you!?

Haha no I have a towel with me. Tbh its bubbled a bit but got it open and it's at a decent level and doesn't even feel particularly hot (we moved on a bit, so car only been off currently for about half an hour). We actually drove about 15 miles with it at max temp on the gauge. Engine sounded fine the whole time, no loss of power, weird noises, smoke etc. Also noticed recently the fan turns on immediately even when the car has been sat a day or 2.Gonna go the back route back to Leicester so there's plenty of places to stop. I'm hoping it's a broken sensor or air in the system or something (from frantic googling). 

Edited by Kopic

Well, we made it to asby, not bad going. Lots of steam coming from around the coolant bottle. Only another 20 miles to broughton. I'm now taking over the driving whilst recovering from a dislocated left shoulder. Fun times.

Edit - managed to get home. I discovered that by coasting down hills the temperature gauge would fall straight back down to where it should be, going up hill it maxes out, steam comes out etc. Probably quite a good sign of what the issue is but I'm ****ed if I know. Got it booked in the garage anyway.

Edited by Kopic

On 14/08/2019 at 21:28, LCFC FOX said:

I want a brand new car but don’t want to pay any more than £250 a month. I’m open for anything. (Maybe a little sporty) my car goal would be a Volkswagen Golf GTI. But I’m a bit off having 30k lol 

any suggestions?

I've got my high spec scirocco (previous page) on 250 PM no deposit and I love it, decent spec scirocco R in the price range all be it probably 30k miles 

On 04/09/2019 at 22:54, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Your’s isn’t a Scirocco R is it?

No mate, mines tdi r line, doing 80 miles a day so no chance the R would be suitable 😂 had an R lined up slightly cheaper so know their price range, but taking the new job limited that 

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the pollen filter on my car this morning

I was actually looking into recharging my air conditioning, as it didn't seem to get as cold as it used to & was possibly a bit stinky too (although I wasn't sure if I was imagining that).

I had heard of a pollen filter before, but seeing as I don't have hayfever, I didn't give a shit about changing it?

It's more often referred to as a cabin filter & when I removed the old one, a whole load of crap fell out onto the floor & the filter itself was filthy & full of debris (black dust, leaves, dead insects, etc).  The air conditoning has already improved & I wasn't imagining the stink.  £8 & about 10 minutes arsing about getting the new filter in (it's under the glove box & a bit fiddly to get to)  I should have done it a long time ago.

3 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Changed the pollen filter on my car this morning

I was actually looking into recharging my air conditioning, as it didn't seem to get as cold as it used to & was possibly a bit stinky too (although I wasn't sure if I was imagining that).

I had heard of a pollen filter before, but seeing as I don't have hayfever, I didn't give a shit about changing it?

It's more often referred to as a cabin filter & when I removed the old one, a whole load of crap fell out onto the floor & the filter itself was filthy & full of debris (black dust, leaves, dead insects, etc).  The air conditoning has already improved & I wasn't imagining the stink.  £8 & about 10 minutes arsing about getting the new filter in (it's under the glove box & a bit fiddly to get to)  I should have done it a long time ago.

They can also be known as 'cabin filters' which is a less misleading name

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, potter3 said:

They can also be known as 'cabin filters' which is a less misleading name

Yeah, it was when I started seeing them referred to as cabin filters that it made more sense.  Apparently, they need changing once a year.  I don't think mine has ever been changed.  Certainly not by me.  I drive over 100 miles a day, but rarely in built up traffic, so I don't think it will need changing as often as someone who sits in rush hour traffic twice a day.

I'd normally get the air line on a filter as a temporary measure, but this one was had it & for £8 it's hardly worth it  Not too easy to get to, but still only took 10 minutes.

The amount of shit though in the old one.  I wasn't expecting it to be such a dirty job.  Makes you realise what an important job they do

• Like 1

Not having much luck with cars recently, now mine. Driving past police hq, hit a pothole and tyre immediately shredded. I'm still suffering from when I dislocated my shoulder but i thought I'd try and change it. Couldn't get the locking wheel nut off because the key is mangled. Call out my breakdown cover, they arrived really quickly but couldn't get it off. Now sat in my car in grove business park, desperate for a drink and a piss, waiting for another truck to come and recover the car. Yipee.

1 hour ago, Kopic said:

Not having much luck with cars recently, now mine. Driving past police hq, hit a pothole and tyre immediately shredded. I'm still suffering from when I dislocated my shoulder but i thought I'd try and change it. Couldn't get the locking wheel nut off because the key is mangled. Call out my breakdown cover, they arrived really quickly but couldn't get it off. Now sat in my car in grove business park, desperate for a drink and a piss, waiting for another truck to come and recover the car. Yipee.

Well, you could kill two birds with one stone...

• Haha 2