Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2019 at 14:18, simFox said:

New car this week, 2019 C63s, need 3 seats in the back now and obviously a bigger boot!

IMG-20190724-WA0013.jpeg

Man, that's bloody lovely. Bet it's great fun to drive too. Albeit not cheap I imagine.

Who gets that, and who gets the Peugeot?

• Like 1

I want a brand new car but don’t want to pay any more than £250 a month. I’m open for anything. (Maybe a little sporty) my car goal would be a Volkswagen Golf GTI. But I’m a bit off having 30k lol 

any suggestions?

Edited by LCFC FOX

Anyone had an experience of owning a hybrid? I’m keen to dip my toe in the water, test driving a 330i at the weekend but been reading a lot about the 330e, and all positive. My current daily commute is 10 miles unless travelling away from normal place of work so I can do that all on electric which is the appeal 

Got a Honda Jazz, 06 plate, 36k miles for sale

My mum has had to stop driving because of her worsening health issues

Don't really want the aggravation of selling privately

Don't really want to use webuyanycar and those sites

Do smaller car sale places (ie not the main dealers) generally take these motors?

Completely understand that we won't get top dollar but would like a quick, easy sale if possible

Appreciate any advice from the clever people on here

Ta

10 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

I want a brand new car but don’t want to pay any more than £250 a month. I’m open for anything. (Maybe a little sporty) my car goal would be a Volkswagen Golf GTI. But I’m a bit off having 30k lol 

any suggestions?

I've been looking myself.  For around 250 if you want something sporty, you won't get beyond a Peugeot 208 GTI if it's brand new.  Even then, 250 is probably below what it would cost.  I think I found around 280 on those.  A Fiesta ST3 is even more.

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Got a Honda Jazz, 06 plate, 36k miles for sale

My mum has had to stop driving because of her worsening health issues

Don't really want the aggravation of selling privately

Don't really want to use webuyanycar and those sites

Do smaller car sale places (ie not the main dealers) generally take these motors?

Completely understand that we won't get top dollar but would like a quick, easy sale if possible

Appreciate any advice from the clever people on here

Ta

Take it here 

https://www.granbycarsales.co.uk/

I flogged my wife's motor and my grandma's to them. Sold for what I would of expected privately. Decent guys, hope that helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Take it here 

https://www.granbycarsales.co.uk/

I flogged my wife's motor and my grandma's to them. Sold for what I would of expected privately. Decent guys, hope that helps.

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thanks Tommy. Funnily enough, a mate recommended them too. Will give them a call.

Am sure the owner there, John Hopson, will give you a decent deal if you can go ahead with them.

Sold previous two cars to him at a good price.

As mentioned, he/Granby Car Sales have got a very good reputation in the local industry.

• Like 1

I’ve enquired about buying a car on three separate occasions recently, top end vehicles and on all three cases nobody has got back to me.

I know they work on commission and I am now loathe to buy cars from any of these dealers, to line peoples pockets who just do not bother to answer an enquiry.

The latest someone rang me and said they would organise one to be delivered to me for a day. I said that’s good but while you are doing it can you get some figures ready as I just want to get it done very quickly.

No car, no figures, no sale. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

Looking to buy a camper van.Got my heart set on a T6 VW from a place in Daventry.But just got home from holiday in Wales and saw a few Ford campers that i liked....any one got any knowledge about the two?

I can't tell you a darned thing other than that my mate, who holds a very impressive (to me anyway) senior position in a big law firm down south, has the Volkswagen as his company car.

It makes me smile to think of all his colleagues zooming around in their executive saloons, and here he is using a camper van as his day to day vehicle.

He's had it over a year and he's very happy with it. Been on loads of adventures with his kids - I'm right in saying they have a double bed in the roof? Impressive

On 16/08/2019 at 18:38, Rob1742 said:

I’ve enquired about buying a car on three separate occasions recently, top end vehicles and on all three cases nobody has got back to me.

I know they work on commission and I am now loathe to buy cars from any of these dealers, to line peoples pockets who just do not bother to answer an enquiry.

The latest someone rang me and said they would organise one to be delivered to me for a day. I said that’s good but while you are doing it can you get some figures ready as I just want to get it done very quickly.

No car, no figures, no sale. 

If you or anyone wants to lease a vehicle I know a top broker. He is fantastic and trustworthy 

On 14/08/2019 at 14:06, The People's Hero said:

Might be buying a Skoda Superb L&K estate.

Anyone had one? Any advice? (Aside from the 20 year old schtick of don't buy a skoda?)

I've been driving Octavias for the past 4 years, cannot recommend them highly enough.

After visiting the motor show event at the racecourse on Sunday, and having finally sat in both the new Fiesta and Focus ST variants, I've come to the conclusion that unless you pay top money with all the extras included, there's little point in having one.  Price on a Fiesta is then through the roof and for a small car I don't see how it's worth the money, despite how fantastic the drive may be.  Styling wise it does look a little bland as well.

Tried out a Seat, disappointed with the interior trim on the FR they had on show, still feels basic although better than previous Seat's I've sat in.

Was impressed by the Peugeot interior on the outgoing 208.  Nice trim on the GT Line they had on show.  Followed this up by looking into the new 208 out early next year - a seriously nice looking car.  If it drives as well as it looks, I think it'll be a fantastic little car to own.  Looks great in the blue (obviously it has to be blue :thumbup:).

The e208 shown below:

Will be interesting to see how it drives once the reviews are out.  

Took my mum's car (an 06 plate Honda Jazz, 36k miles) around a few garages today.

Seemed like £1100 would be about the maximum I'd get.

Me and my mum would've been happy with that.

Last place I went to, the salesman said: How much does your mum want?
I said £1300 - I was playing the game, chancing my arm

He then offered £1200.

I ummed and aahed.

He then said: "How about you call your mum, £1250 final offer."

Called my mum, she left it up to me.

I said to the salesman: My mum is really after £1300

Salesman took a moment... "Would you take £1300 right now? I'll pay cash"

Me: Deal.

It felt like a small victory (even though it probably wasn't)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Took my mum's car (an 06 plate Honda Jazz, 36k miles) around a few garages today.

He then offered £1200.

I ummed and aahed.

This for the win! Always key to any negotiation.

Glad to hear you got what you both wanted. One of those small fist pump moments.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He then offered £1200.

I ummed and aahed.

Are you sure that car was your mum’s Geoff ? 

I used to read but never posted on Bentleys years ago and  recall that some used to refer to you as “Jazzy Jeff”

On 17/08/2019 at 22:47, PAULCFC said:

Looking to buy a camper van.Got my heart set on a T6 VW from a place in Daventry.But just got home from holiday in Wales and saw a few Ford campers that i liked....any one got any knowledge about the two?

I've got a T4 campervan, just got back from Italy in it.

Take a look on this forum, lots of good advice on where to buy and where not to buy from plus people sell their campers on there. Ignore the T4 bit, at the top there are tabs for T5 and T6 as well.

VW Campervans

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I mentioned a while ago about selling my camper, well it’s on Autotrader now. It’s not cheap but here’s the link, please share with anyone who is interested.

One pic comes with a guest appearance from Wes.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908201355122?atmobcid=soc4

You don't say i'm scared to know how much you paid for it lol nice camper though!