Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

Just now, Izzy said:

Make sure you give us a review on here mate when you've driven it a bit :thumbup:

I'm due a new motor this year and seriously considering a 3 series again. I had one many years ago and it's probably still my favorite ever car. They're the nuts and you'll love it.

Yeah looking forward to it managed to get the 320 sport but have to wait till April now. Looks like they are going to be good though with loads added to the standard spec inside and out 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah looking forward to it managed to get the 320 sport but have to wait till April now. Looks like they are going to be good though with loads added to the standard spec inside and out 

Gorgeous motor mate. Are you getting the petrol or diesel version?

On 08/02/2019 at 20:47, Unabomber said:

Just realised my new car is an automatic. I’ve never driven one before is it worth me test driving one to see or just **** it and wait till mine arrives and figure it out then. 

I'm sure you'll be fine. It's piss easy. I doubt you would have done this - I thought it would be obvious, but apparently it isn't to everyone - you operate the throttle and brake with your right foot, and your left foot does fuch all.

Automatics aren't for me, but they are great when you're stuck in traffic, especially going up hill.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2019 at 20:47, Unabomber said:

Just realised my new car is an automatic. I’ve never driven one before is it worth me test driving one to see or just **** it and wait till mine arrives and figure it out then. 

Stop & Go Pedals. 

Thats it. 

I've had an automatic for about a year now. Was very unsure before I bought it, I love driving and felt it was cheating, or might be boring. But now I will (hopefully) never go back to a manual. I have the optional paddle shift too which can be fun.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2019 at 05:17, Izzy said:

The only thing with an auto is not to 'ride your brakes' which means always nudge it into neutral when stationary. If you press the brakes when in 'drive' mode you'll fvck em up over time (like my wife does!) 

I Disagree, they are designed to be left in drive the entire time, the important thing IMO is to NOT drive two footed which can tend to burn the brakes. The right foot is the only one you need to operate the pedals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I Disagree, they are designed to be left in drive the entire time, the important thing IMO is to NOT drive two footed which can tend to burn the brakes. The right foot is the only one you need to operate the pedals.

Well you would disagree wouldn’t you :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stix said:

You WILL try to dip the clutch when you first drive it, and you WILL headbutt the steering wheel. 

Done that once. Never sat in an auto soon as it comes new off transporter 50yards slammed on clutch. I mean brakes then bamm almost out window like a test crash dummy. Without my belt :sweating:

13 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Really fed up of driving something that 13 years old and so many minor things not working as they should. Just find it difficult to justify buying something newer when you can get some absolute bargains in the used market.   

13 is relatively new, compared to my old banger! An 02 plate, and still going strong.

I've had it for 10 years, but it's spent most of that time sat on the road outside my flat. 'Tis the problem with cars in London, you barely drive them.

Taking the plunge next month though... I'm in my 30s, no family commitments and my partner and I have decent jobs, and we drive more than we did. Figure it's time to get something fun.

Right now, I drive a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo like the one below. (this is an image off the internet) It's a pretty good starter car (201 HP), and it's fast enough for my age (18). The turbo also sounds exciting, and is actually loud enough to hear (18 PSi). The manual gearbox is smooth as well. I don't need anything more than 300 HP right now because I'll definitely kill myself with it, which I don't want. :thumbup:

Image result for veloster turbo red

However, my dream car is the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, which unfortunately for me is illegal in the US. It'll be legal starting 2024 though.

Related image

Edited by DrezZone

17 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Right now, I drive a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo like the one below. (this is an image off the internet) It's a pretty good starter car (201 HP), and it's fast enough for my age (18). The turbo also sounds exciting, and is actually loud enough to hear (18 PSi). The manual gearbox is smooth as well. I don't need anything more than 300 HP right now because I'll definitely kill myself with it, which I don't want. :thumbup:

Image result for veloster turbo red

However, my dream car is the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, which unfortunately for me is illegal in the US. It'll be legal starting 2024 though.

Related image

I had a grey R34 which a trick switch that boosted it to over 500bhp for about 15 seconds (I think) ...   the day after I got it I flicked the switch near the General hospital in Leicester to see what it could do ...   nice bit of clear wide road ahead ..   at the top of the hill was a copper with a speed gun ...   I think I got a 49 day ban ...    :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I had a grey R34 which a trick switch that boosted it to over 500bhp for about 15 seconds (I think) ...   the day after I got it I flicked the switch near the General hospital in Leicester to see what it could do ...   nice bit of clear wide road ahead ..   at the top of the hill was a copper with a speed gun ...   I think I got a 49 day ban ...    :)

Well speeding in an R34 is always worth it. :chant:Best 15 seconds of driving?