Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Really struggling to sell my old car. It’s on auto trader and I’m selling it cheap. Anyone got any tips?

I suspect the guy that produced this classic may have some, but you might not have that sort of time on your hands:

https://www.anorak.co.uk/278787/keyposts/the-greatest-ebay-advert-ever-the-ford-focus-1-8-zetec-ghia-with-knickers.html

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Really struggling to sell my old car. It’s on auto trader and I’m selling it cheap. Anyone got any tips?

Probably advise to go to a reputable used car dealer (like Granby Car Sales on Aylestone Road) and get their suggestions imo.

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Have you tried Evans Halshaw? They are normally very reasonable when it comes to valuations. A lot better than the likes of webuyanycar etc.

No I hadn’t so I have just provided details cheers. Tried webuyanycar lol ****ing chancers they are.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

No I hadn’t so I have just provided details cheers. Tried webuyanycar lol ****ing chancers they are.

Yeah webuyanycar are bloody awful, they will knock the price down even more when you take the car to them as well. 

Let us know how you get on with EH mate.

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Yeah webuyanycar are bloody awful, they will knock the price down even more when you take the car to them as well. 

Let us know how you get on with EH mate.

They offered me £1200 less than webuyanycar ffs lol

• Haha 2

On 16/07/2019 at 04:46, pSinatra said:

I would describe myself as an amateur mechanic & it's difficult to tell without looking at a few things.  From what you've said, it's obviously not good, but it still doesn't necessarily mean your clutch is shagged.  

My best advice is, take it to a reputable garage.  If you don't know one, maybe someone on here can recommend someone that's in your area.  They'll know pretty much straight away what's wrong, how much it's going to cost & then it's up to you to say yes or no.

If you're in the Blaby/Narborough/Cosby area..........I use a garage on Cambridge Rd in Cosby.  It isn't cheap (nowhere is), but I know I can trust them & they know what they're doing.

Heard back from the garage and it was the master cylinder in the end.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2019 at 13:16, Unabomber said:

I found webuyanycar were far better than trying dealers. You have to weigh up the hassle of going private and just getting rid. 

With webanycar, get the rough price online and then each week when you get a reminder, ask for another price and it goes up. I was offered £4200 originally for mine and ended up getting a £5000 offer and they didn't even knock it down from that. Obviously that's a big increase, although less than going private, but sod the hassle I just wanted rid. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2019 at 07:59, Unabomber said:

Dunno if it's worth it but could try gumtree and facebook marketplace. I sold 2 cars very quickly on gumtree and bought 2 on Facebook very easily.

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Might be selling a converted transporter camper shortly if anyone is interested.

Do you have photos, more info on it mate? A work mate has wanted one for a while now. 

3 hours ago, stix said:

I’ve no idea mate. Are you advertising it elsewhere?

I haven’t yet but if I decide to sell I will be. Sorry, I didn’t mean to rude with that last message but I haven’t even properly sat down to think about a price however I bought it a year ago and paid over £45k for it as it’s a really decent spec.

Will sort a link/ pics when I’ve done it.

Complete car guy but my car sadly had a very expensive disagreement with a badger on the A6 :nono: still cant resist doing more and more to it, lowered on 19's at the minute and looking for a decent map too, anybody got any good suggestions ideally within an hour ish?

Screenshot_20190721-110639_Gallery.jpg

Edited by JR99