Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

On 22/05/2020 at 21:52, FoxesDeb said:

Yes, and what I could potentially get privately is more than enough to cover the outstanding finance, but my lender told me I can't sell it privately as it's on finance. I have to admit I haven't checked that though, so it could be rubbish. 

I didn't realise some dealers were open either, I thought it was just the maintenance garages still working. But then the extent of my research was limited to Googling Renault Leicester :blush:

I would double check to see if you can sell privately.  I did this when I had a small amount of finance left on the car, paid off the finance and kept the remainder.  

• Thanks 1

On 24/05/2020 at 01:28, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Anyone know of car washes (presumably just automatic ones) which might be open please, preferably south/south west of the city. Ta.

I think the one opposite the old Bell Fountain pub is open mate. Was yesterday anyway. The one at Tesco Petrol Station is as well. The automatic and jet wash. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stix said:

I think the one opposite the old Bell Fountain pub is open mate. Was yesterday anyway. The one at Tesco Petrol Station is as well. The automatic and jet wash. 

Two hand wash ones open in Harborough now. 

Anyone know of car washes (presumably just automatic ones) which might be open please, preferably south/south west of the city. Ta.

On 24/05/2020 at 02:04, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Asda car wash at Fosse park is open. 

2 hours ago, stix said:

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Two hand wash ones open in Harborough now. 

Thanks guys. Went to Asda Fosse Park for a clean up yesterday. Not as good as the Aylestone Road guys but the car looks less shabby on the outside.

33 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thanks guys. Went to Asda Fosse Park for a clean up yesterday. Not as good as the Aylestone Road guys but the car looks less shabby on the outside.

I use the one on Aylestone road behind The Ale Stone pub. That is back open, not sure if the one further down the road near Aldi is though.

ones in Hinckley and the way to Hinckley are open. the ones on the a47 and the one next to TESCO in Hinckey are open. Morrisons too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just taken delivery of a Jaguar F-Pace replacement car while the Dicovery goes in for repairs.  It looks nice, bit cramped inside and frnakly a little underpowered when you are used to 3.0L.  Not sure i would buy one on the basis of the first drive!

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

Bradford by any chance? Or do you not know that much detail? 

I don’t at the minute. Was out on a run and my first reaction was “f uck off” as I thought it was long gone. Was told I’d get a call back but haven’t as of yet.

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t at the minute. Was out on a run and my first reaction was “f uck off” as I thought it was long gone. Was told I’d get a call back but haven’t as of yet.

I only ask because I was speaking to a copper once and he basically told me Bradford was the stolen car capital of the UK, some ridiculous number of stolen cars end up passing through the estates in Bradford at some point, loads of chop shops too apparently where they switch all the plates and stuff, pretty mad!  

Somebody I know got their actual stolen car back but traded it in a week later they said they didn’t want it knowing somebody had nicked it and been driving about in it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

I only ask because I was speaking to a copper once and he basically told me Bradford was the stolen car capital of the UK, some ridiculous number of stolen cars end up passing through the estates in Bradford at some point, loads of chop shops too apparently where they switch all the plates and stuff, pretty mad!  

Somebody I know got their actual stolen car back but traded it in a week later they said they didn’t want it knowing somebody had nicked it and been driving about in it.

Yeah I can understand that, the insurance have paid out on mine so I won’t be getting it back, it’s been gone for 3 months so it will be absolutely ****ed I’d imagine.

13 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

He means did you get a brand new replacement, or an equivalent based on the age of yours? At least that's how I understand the question 

I just got a pay out from the insurance, I don’t think car insurance works like that.