Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

King Richards road right now - Ranieri mural

5 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

What idiot has done that. Horrendous! Whether or not you agree with Kante's decision, no one should be vandalising this tribute. He made his choice, we move on, but we should be grateful for his contribution in helping redefine the history of the club. Furthermore, people should be more respectful of other people's work. The artist took weeks off work to leave us with a special piece of work that should have been cherished by the local community and yet some cretin has ruined it. I really don't know what goes through some people's minds. 

Couldn't agree more.

• 2 months later...

It must be from an old photo before he joined Leicester. He doesn't wear those specs and you're right that he's got too much hair compared to what he has now

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The club and council have spent on loads of art work yet neither have come close to the Marks Electricals one. They should have just commissioned the same guy to do all of them.

Having different artists gives the viewer different pieces to look at, as each artist has an interpretation of how they want their piece to look. Plus they all have different styles.

Yes Richard Wilsons is still the best IMO but it would be a bit bland just having his work all over the city and ground, that's if he had the time to do it.

That one I posted above looks like it was done with pots of paint and brushes (they were still infront of the piece yesterday) so totally different to Kate Street which was street art all said and done in monochrome.

BTW, have you seen the Ronaldo mural Richard Wilson has since done in Portugal? That's worth a look.

Art is a strange thing anyway as what one person thinks is brilliant, another might view it and not see what all the fuss is about. 

22 hours ago, promised land said:

What do we think to this?

Not sure if it is finished yet but his glasses don't look right to me, might have too much hair as well, like I said might still be a work in progress.

IMG_2561.JPG

Has he been to The Belgravia Centre? 

Archived