Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Andrea Bocelli to perform at the KP on Saturday

Yeah, it really annoyed me. Be quiet and pay some respect.

Everyone knew he was going to perform, there is a stage set up and CR just gave a speech. My guess is that many of the people chanting and making noise through the performance would struggle to sit still for their own mother's funeral. It's a sad state of affairs when people can't shut up for a couple of mins.

I think that's harsh, most of the people in the stadium including me if I were there have never been to an operatic performance. When you stick a world class tenor in a football stadium full of beered up working class people celebrating you have admit there is, let's say, a contrast in the performance and the scenery in which its being performed. The behaviour of the spectators reflects that confusion.

I think that's harsh, most of the people in the stadium including me if I were there have never been to an operatic performance. When you stick a world class tenor in a football stadium full of beered up working class people celebrating you have admit there is, let's say, a contrast in the performance and the scenery in which its being performed. The behaviour of the spectators reflects that confusion.

You don't have to have gone to an operatic performance to know how to behave. There really shouldn't be confusion. If there is a performance, by Sam Bailey or Andrea Bocelli, you don't try to sing over it. (Well maybe Sam Bailey). It doesn't require you to know opera etiquette, just to have some manners.

Why put 'working class' in there? A lot of my family would class themselves at that and know how to behave. It doesn't matter about a person's class. It's how a person conducts themselves. Respecting others is hugely important when measuring the character of a person and chanting through the performance was quite disrespectful.

Not so sure Bocelli will perform for LCFC again. The guy is a world class performer (I saw his concert in Marbella last August), he requires silence and respect to appreciate his extraordinary talent.. Fans chanting through his performance yesterday was disrespectful and pathetic!

Not so sure Bocelli will perform for LCFC again. The guy is a world class performer (I saw his concert in Marbella last August), he requires silence and respect to appreciate his extraordinary talent.. Fans chanting through his performance yesterday was disrespectful and pathetic!

There is no way that you're going to get 32K people, the majority of them drunk, to be silent! It's just not going to happen at any sporting event!

It's like asking the fans at the darts to be silent at the start to watch a mime! Not going to happen!

earlier on well before the match,  in the concourse having a couple of beers, I heard him do a sound check, sang at least two verses, it sounded really clear, a beautiful voice, must admit I struggled to hear it when I was in the stadium, still good though

You don't have to have gone to an operatic performance to know how to behave. There really shouldn't be confusion. If there is a performance, by Sam Bailey or Andrea Bocelli, you don't try to sing over it. (Well maybe Sam Bailey). It doesn't require you to know opera etiquette, just to have some manners.

Why put 'working class' in there? A lot of my family would class themselves at that and know how to behave. It doesn't matter about a person's class. It's how a person conducts themselves. Respecting others is hugely important when measuring the character of a person and chanting through the performance was quite disrespectful.

At the end of the day it's a football event in a sporting arena and nobody in that ground was there to appreciate Boccelli's art form but to celebrate the achievement of the club, if they want to do that by singing Leicester chants that's fine and it isn't disrespectful to do so.

As much as complete silence would have been nice (there is NO excuse for ignorance no matter what 'class' you are), I'm sure that even Bocelli wasn't expecting 32,000 football fans to shut-up completely. I'm sure he's performed in similar situations before and I'm sure he will perform in similar situations again. The guy is a professional with years upon years of experience of performing in front of huge crowds all over the world - I doubt a few rowdy people chanting would have affected him or his ability to perform.

Still, as mentioned, it's painful and a bit embarrassing that people can't recognise the importance of the occasion and shut their ****ing mouths for 5 minutes to witness something special. 

At the end of the day it's a football event in a sporting arena and nobody in that ground was there to appreciate Boccelli's art form but to celebrate the achievement of the club, if they want to do that by singing Leicester chants that's fine and it isn't disrespectful to do so.

10 minutes of respectful silence isn't much to ask for surely?

Ranieri was clearly very embarrassed by the chanting during Bocelli 's performance.. Not only was it disrespectful to Bocelli it was to Ranieri!

10 minutes of respectful silence isn't much to ask for surely?

Ranieri was clearly very embarrassed by the chanting during Bocelli 's performance.. Not only was it disrespectful to Bocelli it was to Ranieri!

Of course it is, it's a football stadium pre-match nobody goes to the footy to sit there in silence unless you're an Arsenal fan, Bocelli or no Bocelli.

I could still hear the pubs music where I was. and there was also some attempted singing along.

At my stepdads funeral I had to sit through some opera (Mario Lanza I think) and 'One Day at a Time.' It was my mums choice for him so I respected that. I would not listen to those any other time through choice.

But when they came on to the rostrum Ranarei  held his hand up asking for silence. He was immersed  in the music. Something like opera needs concentration as the voice is the key element. It is not a singalong genre or candle holding or headbanging to. Similar to classical. Concentration is needed to listen to all the instruments. I prefer classical to opera but over the years I have become more appreciative of it without wanting to rush out and book a ticket for an opera. (would never be able to get one anyway. tickets sell out quicker than next years ST) 

Anyway well done to Claudio for pulling it off. It was probably his choice as he is friends with Botticelli but he deserved some award for what he has done and if sections did not appreciate the music they should have kept quiet out of respect for Claudio. 

Archived