Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Andrea Bocelli to perform at the KP on Saturday

Time to say goodbye should be played before every home game now. (Imo)

It's an amazing song and means something to us, an extremely prominent piece of our history.

You never know, in time we might be able to learn and sing the chorus! That would be something.

Totally agree. Andrea Bocelli changed the lyrics to 'Time to win again'... the chorus should definitely be played before home games after the post horn gallop. A reminder if nothing else of what has been achieved!

There is no way that you're going to get 32K people, the majority of them drunk, to be silent! It's just not going to happen at any sporting event!

It's like asking the fans at the darts to be silent at the start to watch a mime! Not going to happen!

It happens the world over, all the time. I've been inside 90k+ stadiums before a game (inside a ground where you're actually allowed to drink beer), and you could hear a pin drop. No excuse, really.

10 minutes of respectful silence isn't much to ask for surely?

Ranieri was clearly very embarrassed by the chanting during Bocelli 's performance.. Not only was it disrespectful to Bocelli it was to Ranieri!

I fairness I was in the Everton end and due to our location I could not hear Ranieri introducing him. Then when he was singing I could not hear it in much detail either.

Loads of people had been drinking and I think as fans we did our bit by warmly applauding him at the end. I don't think anyone was being disrespectful.

It happens the world over, all the time. I've been inside 90k+ stadiums before a game (inside a ground where you're actually allowed to drink beer), and you could hear a pin drop. No excuse, really.

Mate, we've just won the league. People were rightfully excited.

Guest LCFC_World

Dont think anyone meant any offence with the chanting. Most people in the ground have never been to an opera performance before so wouldn't know it had to be silent. To be fair, when Ranieri put his hand up everyone went quiet so it was fine. Also, it was a fantastic performance.

One of those days I think where being there, mattered. Apologies to all those who couldn't make it, but the whole bloody thing was absolutely amazing. The singing in the concourses at half time being the loudest I've ever heard at a football match.

Memories are made of this.

I'm not sure of what the point was of singing Time To Say Goodbye unless Bocelli is a secret Everton fan and wanted to give Martinez a big hint. 

One of his most famous songs that even the most uncultured football fan would hopefully know.... Plus he changed it to "Time to win again".

Such a superb performance.

Raneiri walking alongside him arm in arm was nice. I feel so sorry for blind people, it must be so awful living like that. All of them are brave people.

In 30 years time, I will tell my kids about the season Leicester City won the Premier League against all odds, about a journey from despair to glory, about a world where money dominated our lives but despite it all the spirit of humanity still won.

I will tell them of the image of Bocelli stood proudly next to Claudio singing Nessun Dorma, the combination of Bocelli's beautiful voice against the raw noise of the City crowd, of the storm clouds parting to reveal the blue Leicestershire skies. The perfect metaphor for a season that will forever pull on the heart strings of every Leicester fan that was lucky enough to have the honour and privilege to be part of it.

Vincero, Vincero, Vincero.

Andrea Bocelli was incredible, it was very surreal having him there, possibly my favourite moment from the day.

The crowd chanting however took a shine off it, why were people chanting dilly dong whilst this was going on? Are you stupid?

The crowd chanting however took a shine off it, why were people chanting dilly dong whilst this was going on? Are you stupid?

To be fair to those that sang, you couldn't hear the music start where I was sat. Then if you're in the middle of people singing, you'd never have heard he'd started until he got into the song a bit more. Claudio needs to take some of the blame for doing a bit of tub thumping and then letting him go ahead with it so quickly afterwards.

Amazing performance. Certainly watching on the tele if seemed that most of the chanting subsided when Claudia put up his arm. It was like some kind of taming of the masses from a warlord or biblical figure! Surreal and subliminal! What a day and what an atmosphere. Wish I could have been there.

The pent up emotion of our fans inside the stadium was at breaking point. I hope Andrea did not feel insulted. His performance was brilliant and he helped create one of the most moving experiences most LCFC fans will never witness again. Fantastic he wore the shirt, the owners will dine out on that for years.

Thank you Andrea, thank you Claudio.

Archived