Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Andrea Bocelli to perform at the KP on Saturday

There is no way that you're going to get 32K people, the majority of them drunk, to be silent! It's just not going to happen at any sporting event!

It's like asking the fans at the darts to be silent at the start to watch a mime! Not going to happen!

I'm not comparing the two by any means, but is that also your attitude at the remembrance day game?

Anyway well done to Claudio for pulling it off. It was probably his choice as he is friends with Botticelli but he deserved some award for what he has done and if sections did not appreciate the music they should have kept quiet out of respect for Claudio. 

Everyone thought his career was over, but then he enjoyed a bit of a Renaissance.

There is no way that you're going to get 32K people, the majority of them drunk, to be silent! It's just not going to happen at any sporting event!

It's like asking the fans at the darts to be silent at the start to watch a mime! Not going to happen!

"It's just not going to happen at any sporting event!?" - You've never been to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff then. It does.

Back to the KP though and watching on Sky, I thought most of the crowd were respectful as Ranieri was signalling and once the odd chants settled down and the sound issues were sorted, Bocelli's voice shone through and lots tried to join in! Great stuff espcially when he revealed the shirt. 

"It's just not going to happen at any sporting event!?" - You've never been to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff then. It does.

Back to the KP though and watching on Sky, I thought most of the crowd were respectful as Ranieri was signalling and once the odd chants settled down and the sound issues were sorted, Bocelli's voice shone through and lots tried to join in! Great stuff espcially when he revealed the shirt. 

explain?

Time to say goodbye should be played before every home game now. (Imo)

It's an amazing song and means something to us, an extremely prominent piece of our history.

You never know, in time we might be able to learn and sing the chorus! That would be something.

Time to say goodbye should be played before every home game now. (Imo)

It's an amazing song and means something to us, an extremely prominent piece of our history.

You never know, in time we might be able to learn and sing the chorus! That would be something.

Would have to be Nessun Dorma for me. Far more arousing for a prematch imo.

I can guarantee if my mum watched it she would shed a tear or two. Nessun Dorma was one of my step dads favourites. He even sang a bit himself and was known as the 'Singing Barman' because he used to serenade customers. He liked the Pavarotti version.

He passed away in January so it would  have brought the memories back.

Would not mind a copy of pre-match to send to her.

My missus' musical knowledge doesn't go much further than all things Take That.  When it was announced that Bocelli would be singing, I asked her if she knew who he was & she she said she wants Time To Say Goodbye played at her funeral, so I assumed she knows who he is.

Half way through Nessun Dorma she says "is he blind?"

If I had had a gun, I'd have put her out of her misery there & then.

An outstanding performance on such a brilliant day.  I can't think of any previous PL winners celebrations being anywhere near as good as yesterday

Archived