Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

Yeah I recognised the voice, just thought he was shite! Like I said, just a minor gripe seemed to deflate the crowd more than anything.

I thought he was poor. His interview with Vardy, watching his goals, was embarrassing. Why didn't we have someone like Manish or le God Lineker?

Got to love these fanboys calling out all the fake Leicester fans there yesterday. I don't like people jumping on the bandwagon, but not cancelling your Sky subscription despite United finishing 5th doesn't make you any better. 

I thought that they behaved disgracefully.

People were there to enjoy themselves and join in with the whole of Leicesters celebrations and all these boys wanted to do was make people feel awkward and unwelcome.

Did not like it at all, shameful.

I thought he was poor. His interview with Vardy, watching his goals, was embarrassing. Why didn't we have someone like Manish or le God Lineker?

Wasn't Lineker there anyway last night? Would have been a much better idea.

Wasn't Lineker there anyway last night? Would have been a much better idea.

Instead of the DJ, why not some interviews with former players? What happened to the highlights from the season that was meant to start at 4.30pm? What about Mahrez's goals - this was referred to when he was being interviewed, but we didn't see them. Why didn't they have a quick few words with each player after they were introduced? 

Did I mention it was my birthday!!! lol.

I loved it!

Took my Mrs and kids(aged 3 and 7)

They ALL loved it BUT boy was it RAMMED!!!

Got to Vicky park,heard the DJ who I thought was decent actually. Then I had a sudden urge to want to see the bloody bus...SO...come on family!!! FFS Raj!!!

Daughter on the shoulders waiting 30 mins for 30 second glimse of the buses!!!

Was it worth it??? Daughter was singing dilly dang whilst we waited,then was shouting out the players names she could see...YES it was worth it!!!

Went back in with the other 100k and WOW it was capped off by the kasabian boys..we finished off all dancing around with my 3 year old fast asleep through FIRE!!!

AMAZING DAY, hopefully memories the kids will treasure!!!

I love winding up my plastic mate fans up BUT yesterday was for the City of LEICESTER

Wind yourself in mate.

It was always going to be a celebration by the people of the City and County.

We get a crowd of 32,000 down the KP and not all them sing.

There were 240,000 there yesterday. They DEFINITELY would not know all the songs. But they probably had a laugh trying to join in.

They were there because they wanted to be part of it. Probably like the group I went with, a real mix.

I am a season ticket holder,

My youngest son - season ticket holder

middle son - goes when he can

Eldest son - lives in Derby now, used to go a lot - now saving for his wedding.

Eldest Daughter- used to go a lot, now works weekends.

Nephew - goes when he can.

2 year old granddaughter - in her kit but hasn't been a game yet.

Younger daughters boyfriend - goes the odd game.

Brother- Season ticket holder

Neice - Season ticket holder.

Brothers wife - no major interest in football but follows City's progress.

Niece - goes the odd game.

Sister in Law - follows City's fortunes doesn't go games.

I had friends from work, not that into football, but thought it was a great achievement what City did and went along to join the celebrations, what's the problem?

So a few people smoked some pot and drank too much, there were 240,000 people what did you expect?

A PRIVATE PARTY FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS?

Oh and by the way, you getting laughed at by a group of 'BLACK' girls? Why did you have to say they were black? What has their colour got to do with the fact that they were laughing at you?

I'd have laughed at you if I saw you being such a miserable **** and Im a white 55yr old skinhead.

I thought it was a brilliant night,

Well done ALL the people of Leicester.

Completely unnecessary post. Not sure why he has to 'wind himself in', he's allowed an opinion.

I think he mentioned they were black because, let's be fair and accurate here, young black women aren't exactly the demographic you see at the ground. Yet there was quite a lot of them getting involved last night. It highlighted the fact that the majority of people weren't football fans.

Personally I think that's a good thing generally, I really enjoyed last night and to feel like my club and our City was the centre of the world's attention for one day. But it certainly isn't a good thing if people are laughing at those singing Leicester songs. That's a pretty negative thing and it deserves a moan.

He said it was alright and he preferred the one 2 years ago, giving a valid reason. Your reaction is completely OTT, you're just desperate to jump on anyone who has any criticism of the day just because you had a great time.

How has this created arguments on here? I loved it, but if you didn't thats fine! At the end of the day all that matters is that Leicester are the champions! I thought it was great to see the whole city celebrating, regardless of ethnicity or even if they weren't a football fan. A sikh chap i spoke to said he just wanted to soak up the atmosphere and see his city joined in celebrating. I can't see the issue with that. Made me proud to be from Leicester and I'm considering moving back after 5 years AWOL. Hope Top was serious about that stadium upgrade

I have never experienced such a mental and bonkers night!. The crowds were immense especially where I was at the top of London Road next to Vicky park. Went into Leicester with the missus and three kids. The youngest and the wife didn't like the large crowds and went home before the parade started!. I stayed with the older two and glad I did.

I had a feeling it was going to be something special as there was about 300 - 500 people queuing at Syston train station at 4.00pm!. Needless to say the local sprinter train wasn't big enough and they had to stop an intercity train at Syston to get everyone into Leicester and then they kicked everyone out of the back end of the train station without paying!!

Getting home was a pain but it was worth it.

Went with my wife and 3 year old daughter (who was singing championes lol bless her

We also went with my 72 year old mother and a work colleague (and very good friend) and her 2 kids, lad aged 8 and lass aged 5.

We all had a superb time, brilliant just brilliant time

My mum has supported City for 60 plus years (doesn't go to many games anymore but has always loved City)

Everyone just everyone was superb for those who just wanted to be there for the atmosphere to the die hard fans, the Italians again were superb (strangely had a right old sing song in the gents at McDonald's at one point with them lol)

Had a banging headache by the end of it and the. Had to be at work for a night shift at 10pm

All bloody worth it, every bit worth it

So proud of the City

Up the Foxes

Went with my wife and 3 year old daughter (who was singing championes lol bless her

We also went with my 72 year old mother and a work colleague (and very good friend) and her 2 kids, lad aged 8 and lass aged 5.

We all had a superb time, brilliant just brilliant time

My mum has supported City for 60 plus years (doesn't go to many games anymore but has always loved City)

Everyone just everyone was superb for those who just wanted to be there for the atmosphere to the die hard fans, the Italians again were superb (strangely had a right old sing song in the gents at McDonald's at one point with them lol)

Had a banging headache by the end of it and the. Had to be at work for a night shift at 10pm

All bloody worth it, every bit worth it

So proud of the City

Up the Foxes

You are right to mention the more 'elderly' fans who have stopped going to matches or maybe just follow City because of their family. These type of fans may not attend matches but are certainly not 'plastic' and deserved to have their chance to join in the celebrations.

My personal highlights were the Italians with the wet floor signs snapped in half, one said "SPURS R SHIT" and the other simply said, "SCUM" lol!

The stuffed fox glued to a skateboard

The picture of Kingy with Schmeichel's glove in his mouth either side of the stage

Keep thinking of funny moments from yesterday.

Walking back into the city centre after Mistajam had finished the final set - massive queue of cars. Get to the end of the queue and one guy is just stood there in the middle of the road holding a "road closed" sign up.  lol

No car would go past him!!!

An absolutely fabulous night that one or two of us travelled up from Devon for - and back for the following day's toils! I can't see that night being bettered for some time in LE unless we win the league again next season and/or the Champions League!!

I was right in the crowd when I desperately needed a piss. I just whipped it out and pissed everywhere. The lad in front didn't even notice the smiley face I did on the back of him with my piss. Hope he liked it

I can't stop fooking laughing, tears streaming down my face

Just watching the parade on sky catch up its dawned on me we will be the last team to lift that actual trophy, it will be the same next season but without 'Barclays' stamped onto it.

Next season the players will get medals with the shit logo too.

Archived