Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

The Bus parade was great, especially up London Road, thought the on stage presentation was flat and laborious and a lot of the players looked a bit fed up by that point. Interviewing Vardy and Mahrez is always a bit flat because they are not that great on the mic (they are footballers not entertainers so no gripes from me). The VT's were painful at times and repeating over and over again "lets hear it one for more time for Leicester City" when they were trying to gap-fill was a bit painful too. Kasabian were excellent mind.

The bit where the players came on stage did seem a bit anti-climactic but I thought that was because I was about a mile from the stage and wasn't pissed.  Also, I'd had the privilege of watching the team lift the trophy at the King Power, so it was good that there was a focal point for all of those that didn't get to see that.

And the crisps.

I enjoyed all the crisps

With an event of that size and the magnitude of circa 250,000 people it is obvious some will experience issues. All things considered I personslly feel it was brilliant and I loved it and something I will never ever forget like this season!

All in all a good day, yes the Championship one was better but I've never seen Leicester like that in my life, unbelievably busy.

Shame about some drunk idiots who seemed to be looking for confrontations and as has been mentioned the people who gave funny looks when people were trying to get chants going.

Missed Kasabian, couldn't get a decent view of the stage anyway and kept having idiots moaning behind me that I was too tall and was blocking their view.

Stayed out until 4am, probably the only time I've enjoyed Club Republic as well, haha.

Maybe just me but I thought it was a bit anti climatic having all the staff and players coming on one by one.  I would have loved one big entrance of them all fireworks etc...One big moment.  Not that it wasn't great though...it was.

Dare I mention that I thought they all looked scruffy :ph34r:  inc the boss which surprised me.

I must admit it didn't top the Everton game. That was a truly special day for me. But yesterday wasnt far off it. You was always going to get non-fans going and people just wanting to get pissed but that's a part of it.

I traveled from London to attend and thought it was a great day out. I did see one muppet throw a full drinks can into the air that hit a poor guy in the head almost knocking him out, but that was the only trouble I saw.

I think having Mistajam on THREE times was a bit too outlandish. My favourite part was the DMU choir (who we see outside the ground) who got everyone buzzing by singing their songs.

Anyway overall it was a ton of fun and amazing to see so many people happy and having a great time. See you all in 12 months for the Champions League celebration party  :claudio:

Were you to the right of the silver tent relatively close to the front?

If so, I was right behind the guy that got hit and the bottle fell at my feet. A full 2 litre bottle of Pepsi cherry cola. What idiot throws that? He was very lucky it only just caught him.

thought bits of the viccy park set up could deffo have been done better, but what a day/night. 

as has been mentioned introducing the players one by one got a bit boring/anticlimatic, we didn't really need full build ups and a minutes worth of applause for people like mark schwarzer or kramaric but i guess that's the whole point of the team spirit etc we have. thought with them being introduced one-by-one we'd get a short rendition of each players song as they walked on but i guess as has been mentioned a lot who were there weren't regulars down the city so wouldn't be able to reel off a full his names ngolo kante there and then. 

great night though, just minor things that deffo could've been a bit better. kasabian were great as per, short and sweet but a nice way to end the day. 

best part was when kasper came onto the stage at viccy park and you could see him on the big screen just go "wow" when he saw the size of the crowd. oh and wasyl's tshirt/wig combo. 

Wow ! I got goose bumps just watching on TV here in USA...I can't begin to imagine what it would have been like actually being there. So proud of everything Leicester. 

No.

And I wished they didn't play We Are The Champions either.

Seriously, there's no better victory music been composed in over 40 years?

DJ Bravo should remake his Champion song for Leicester City...

Were you to the right of the silver tent relatively close to the front?

If so, I was right behind the guy that got hit and the bottle fell at my feet. A full 2 litre bottle of Pepsi cherry cola. What idiot throws that? He was very lucky it only just caught him.

I was around there...

Got cracked on the head myself a couple of times by bottles/cans (well it felt like a can anyway).

Unless that was me who got hit and I can't quite remember what it felt like  lol. Certainly hurt!

I must admit it didn't top the Everton game. That was a truly special day for me. But yesterday wasnt far off it. You was always going to get non-fans going and people just wanting to get pissed but that's a part of it.

Just about sums it up for me, the team and trophy lift on stage I wasn't fussed about as I was in the stadium on 'that' Saturday, those who weren't got to see the trophy lift so all is well.

No law against non fans going either, when they announced Top a few near me didn't know that's his name or the name he likes to be called. So they don't attend games, it doesn't matter, they wanted to be a part of it and were there.

Far better than having a half empty park.

It was well organized,memorable occasion,I know that half the crowd have not been to a match before, but this was for the City of Leicester, as well as the team.It was a family do, impressed with seeing so many cultures and mixing, I saw no trouble, smelt the weed on the way out, reminded me of my youth. Missed Kasabian, but shall be at the KP on the Sunday. Only gripe was the park and ride, on our return he got lost and we ended back at the starting point on Regents road, took an hour to get back to Enderby, driver was from Birmingham, well embarrassing for him

I have seen all photo/videos of the celebrations From all angles , from all media sources , beginning

with the Everton game right through to the last interview...

Observation..!!! Where the hell was Kante.

found it rather sad, that with one exception when walking with Armatey, there are no

major clips, or snippets of him.Not even lifting the trophy ( or bathing in it)..

Shame he wasnt interviewed his English seems clearer than that of Mahrez.

Such a major figure,that rarely featured.

Or did any of you have, more than a 5 sec.glimpse.

From my thoughts a glaring absense from major shots.

Archived