Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

Some miserable sods on here (except for the person that was pissed on) lol

Thought it was an excellent day and I didn't see any trouble which with that amount of people surprises me. Seeing Kasabian was a bonus too

Agreed. I went with 4 of my kids (ranging in age from 15 - 33) and my 2yr old granddaughter. We had a great time, got to Vicky Park around 4:30pm and left after Kasabian.

Thought it was a great atmosphere and very well organised.

I thought Raneiri was wonderful, asking us to dream on about the champions league.

On the way to work this morning my son and I reflected on what a memorable season we've had and then thought,

OK here we go,

Next Season now,

target 40 points.

Thought MistaJam was shite personally but others liked him so fair enough.

For me, yesterday was all about the atmosphere and seeing the boys on stage with the trophy.

My mum and dad (who's supported Leicester from Northern Ireland since 1963) came over too so more happy for my dad to see the celebrations than anything else really.

I was hanging from an all dayer in London on Sunday still, so to only find two gripes is pretty good going I think lol Probably should have gone straight back on the beer instead of sipping at water.

Sod the PC brigade, the second it was announced they'd be putting on a show I knew what was coming, so it didn't take me by surprise.

Overall though? :) at least you didn't get pissed on like some poor sod on here!

Overall though? :) at least you didn't get pissed on like some poor sod on here!

:D  Yeah could have been worse.

Overall it was alright, I think a lot depends on where you were. We were in a pocket where there was zero atmosphere for quite a while and it was all pretty drab. Clearly a load of day trippers out for a look, once we moved and found an area where there was some noise and movement it was good.

Was alright.

There were too many randoms there on their phones, smoking weed etc. Some clearly were just hanging around for the sake of it and took no interest. Spoiled the atmosphere a bit imo. Trying to get songs going and getting laughed at by a group of young black girls dressed for a night out summed it up really.

Personally I think the Championship parade day was far, far better.

Wind yourself in mate.

It was always going to be a celebration by the people of the City and County.

We get a crowd of 32,000 down the KP and not all them sing.

There were 240,000 there yesterday. They DEFINITELY would not know all the songs. But they probably had a laugh trying to join in.

They were there because they wanted to be part of it. Probably like the group I went with, a real mix.

I am a season ticket holder,

My youngest son - season ticket holder

middle son - goes when he can

Eldest son - lives in Derby now, used to go a lot - now saving for his wedding.

Eldest Daughter- used to go a lot, now works weekends.

Nephew - goes when he can.

2 year old granddaughter - in her kit but hasn't been a game yet.

Younger daughters boyfriend - goes the odd game.

Brother- Season ticket holder

Neice - Season ticket holder.

Brothers wife - no major interest in football but follows City's progress.

Niece - goes the odd game.

Sister in Law - follows City's fortunes doesn't go games.

I had friends from work, not that into football, but thought it was a great achievement what City did and went along to join the celebrations, what's the problem?

So a few people smoked some pot and drank too much, there were 240,000 people what did you expect?

A PRIVATE PARTY FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS?

Oh and by the way, you getting laughed at by a group of 'BLACK' girls? Why did you have to say they were black? What has their colour got to do with the fact that they were laughing at you?

I'd have laughed at you if I saw you being such a miserable **** and Im a white 55yr old skinhead.

I thought it was a brilliant night,

Well done ALL the people of Leicester.

Had a great day. Atmosphere was amazing as were most people who i saw and that was a lot! 

Yes there were some idiots about but it was an absolute minute amount and it's to be expected when almost a quarter of a million people decend on the same city. 

Took a shed load of photos too (as I am known to do being a photographer). Mainly just of people having  a good time. Will stick a link up to them eventually in the Photography thread, just on the off chance you were in one or know someone in them. 

Great day had! Bring on the celebrations next season when we win the CL! ;) 

Wind yourself in mate.

It was always going to be a celebration by the people of the City and County.

We get a crowd of 32,000 down the KP and not all them sing.

There were 240,000 there yesterday. They DEFINITELY would not know all the songs. But they probably had a laugh trying to join in.

They were there because they wanted to be part of it. Probably like the group I went with, a real mix.

I am a season ticket holder,

My youngest son - season ticket holder

middle son - goes when he can

Eldest son - lives in Derby now, used to go a lot - now saving for his wedding.

Eldest Daughter- used to go a lot, now works weekends.

Nephew - goes when he can.

2 year old granddaughter - in her kit but hasn't been a game yet.

Younger daughters boyfriend - goes the odd game.

Brother- Season ticket holder

Neice - Season ticket holder.

Brothers wife - no major interest in football but follows City's progress.

Niece - goes the odd game.

Sister in Law - follows City's fortunes doesn't go games.

I had friends from work, not that into football, but thought it was a great achievement what City did and went along to join the celebrations, what's the problem?

So a few people smoked some pot and drank too much, there were 240,000 people what did you expect?

A PRIVATE PARTY FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS?

Oh and by the way, you getting laughed at by a group of 'BLACK' girls? Why did you have to say they were black? What has their colour got to do with the fact that they were laughing at you?

I'd have laughed at you if I saw you being such a miserable **** and Im a white 55yr old skinhead.

I thought it was a brilliant night,

Well done ALL the people of Leicester.

Fantastic. Was a pleasure to read :-)

I thought it was great, of course you will get the minority of people that cant hold their drink and just there trying to impress their mates but that was a real minority.

I went with a mate and his 6 year old and it was just as good for him as it was for us. Credit to Leicester Council and the club because lets be honest they did an amazing job to get it sorted in basically 2 weeks.

Viccy park was crazy busy but everyone was having a good time in their own ways.

The trains I was dreading  getting home especially with the little one in tow but the police and the security did a great job and we managed to get straight on a train after about 10 minutes waiting, it was a bit of a squeeze but was expecting worse.

All in all credit to the organisers and the fans for turning out and making for some fantastic photos and memories.

Why's MistaJam getting praise?

The majority fvcked off when he said he was coming back on.

He was OK! Played a range of stuff from the 60s through to drum and bass, there's not way he was going to cater to everyone's tastes! And of course people left after Kasabian, people needed to get home. 

I was less bothered about the entertainment, I just enjoyed the spectacle of so many people taking to the streets.

We were making our way home by 8pm (the little 'uns were starting to moan about being tired and cold) and I thought the atmosphere up to that point had been pretty good.  You always get some knobs at these things, but the fact that it's just a big celebration means that at least people are in a good mood, which helps their behaviour.  It was a lot more jovial than the last big thing I went to at Viccy Park, that Radio One thing years ago, which I left after about half an hour.  I blame Chris Moyles (for that, and everything bad that has happened since)

People are allowed to think it wasn't amazing, for whatever reason without having people jump down their throats. So what if people didn't think it wasn't better than something else? I had a better day on Sunday in London and against Everton than yesterday for numerous reason... doesn't make me miserable than anyone else. So, how about we just accept that out of 240,000 people not everyone had "the best day ever!". We're all just sharing our experiences.

I was less bothered about the entertainment, I just enjoyed the spectacle of so many people taking to the streets.

Definitely, loved watching the parade on the screens and the high shots over the park were stunning. Being fairly near the front it was hard to grasp how many people were in there until you see those shots! London Road looked utterly mental when they showed shots of that.

I felt a weird juxtaposition after yesterday. The spectacle itself was incredible. 240,000 people lining the streets and viccy park. People having the best time with mates, fellow fans on a beautiful day. Kasabian, big screens, entertainment. It was a brilliantly organised event by the council and club. People having fun (except for the idiots, but the idiots are what you sign up to at events like (and as big as) this.

But for the actual players on stage and trophy stuff I preferred two years ago after the Championship.

Two actual tiny, tiny gripes in terms of the stuff they showed...

- The Vardy compilation killed the crowd. It should have been BAM BAM BAM BAM, instead it was goal-celebration.... goal-celebration.. went on far too long and got a bit awkward on stage.

- The Ranieri quotes from the press conferences too. I heard they weren't entirely audible from someone and they took a while to build up to the memorable quote!

Otherwise, full credit to everyone for enjoying it. It makes me so proud to see my city, our city, come together like that. The helicopter shots of the park were outrageously good.

Personally wish I hadn't been so near to the front, in retrospect. I think the atmosphere further back would have been far better. 

I'd have loved to get up to the park, but my little boy isn't great in big crowds and does complain about the noise a lot. Which is ironic as he's pretty deaf at times.

So we just stood on london road outside the station, he was on my shoulders and loved it, he was singing the "taking us to europe" for ages on his own bless him, and he must have been the only person waving at bus 4 lol.

I'm glad for him he had a lovely time, but I would have loved to have been able to take in a few hours at victoria park on my own.

Sad to hear it was ruined for a few, by some idiots.

I would love to get a copy of all the footage etc, I don't have sky so couldn't record it whilst I was out. I never in a million years thought we would witness these days.

There's now a new generation, who know 2 titles and a great escape, they don't know how lucky they are.

It was alright... Headed to Victoria Park first, but got bored (especially when that DJ come on, good grief)... So just went down London Road and watched the bus go past there. That was better for me. Didn't see Kasabian as I'm at work today and had a drive home. But I am now going to see them at Filbert Way so wasn't too bothered I missed them.

It was alright... Headed to Victoria Park first, but got bored (especially when that DJ come on, good grief)... So just went down London Road and watched the bus go past there. That was better for me. Didn't see Kasabian as I'm at work today and had a drive home. But I am now going to see them at Filbert Way so wasn't too bothered I missed them.

I liked the DJ, thought he did a good job getting everyone on their feet. Mind you I think I was just happy to be able to sing Rock the Casbah while wearing a flag like a cape and not looking like a total weirdo  lol

When 240,000 are there you are going to get a mix of absolutely everyone. The city has about 330,000 people. I know a load will have come from the county and what not but that's an outrageous effort.

Didn't touch a drop of alcohol all night, didn't feel well enough, didn't find a single mate of mine after getting off the train, still had a great night personally.

I don't mind a lot of people going and enjoying it at all. I'd see it as an opportunity to grow the fanbase. No petty arguments from me, a lot of it is circumstance, it'll mean more to me and a lot on here who were there during the shit than most who were there yesterday but I don't really see that as a badge of honour. Just the way it is.

The thing I like is I don't feel like it's over yet. When it got confirmed on that Monday night, I went out, got home at about 5am, then just sat in my living room watching SSN until about 8am and thought... this is it isn't it, we've hit our pinnacle, it'll never get better than this, but the celebrations just don't seem to show any sign of stopping and when you've got Europe next year you can't help but feel the buzz is still there.

I liked the DJ, thought he did a good job getting everyone on their feet. Mind you I think I was just happy to be able to sing Rock the Casbah while wearing a flag like a cape and not looking like a total weirdo  lol

Ah man I left before Rock the Casbah and it's one of my most favourite songs ever :(

I traveled from London to attend and thought it was a great day out. I did see one muppet throw a full drinks can into the air that hit a poor guy in the head almost knocking him out, but that was the only trouble I saw.

I think having Mistajam on THREE times was a bit too outlandish. My favourite part was the DMU choir (who we see outside the ground) who got everyone buzzing by singing their songs.

Anyway overall it was a ton of fun and amazing to see so many people happy and having a great time. See you all in 12 months for the Champions League celebration party  :claudio:

Watched it on feed from the telegraph site.

One heart-warming thing I saw was Shinji putting his arm around N'Golo and giving him a kind of 'half-hug' and smiling at him. That's proper camaradarie.

Saw a similar thing in a video with Manish. Wasilewski shouting 'NG' repeatedly and gesturing at him to come to the front of the bus, trying to get him involved more.

The Bus parade was great, especially up London Road, thought the on stage presentation was flat and laborious and a lot of the players looked a bit fed up by that point. Interviewing Vardy and Mahrez is always a bit flat because they are not that great on the mic (they are footballers not entertainers so no gripes from me). The VT's were painful at times and repeating over and over again "lets hear it one for more time for Leicester City" when they were trying to gap-fill was a bit painful too. Kasabian were excellent mind.

Archived