Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

Fantastic afternoon / evening!  :D

I ended up at Victoria Park, a long way from the stage, so couldn't take any decent pictures but it didn't matter. It was a great atmosphere full stop.

These foxes spied my camera and asked for a photo of them to be taken. I obliged and they liked it. They wondered how I could get the photo to them and I said I'd post to Foxestalk. If they or anyone else recognises themselves and they still want the photo, then pm me and I'll send them a decent sized pic. :)

post-22367-0-72573500-1463445584_thumb.j

While distancing myself from the UKIP 'pro-smoking everywhere' lobby, I'm surprised that the smoke annoyed anyone. Kids come into contact with things that endanger their health every day and some of them are easy for us to eliminate, some aren't. I'd have thought a few people smoking whatever they were smoking in the open air, in a gathering of a quarter of a million people, is one of those which should bother us the least. I wouldn't have taken a kid in the first place if that were likely to be a problem for me.

If someone is smoking in a car or a living room with your kid, day in day out, then worry for them. If they see someone smoking a cigarette or taking drugs and immediately feel the urge to replicate it, worry more. But a half-decent parent should be able to avoid both of these being a problem, and I don't think we should worry about the impact of a distant cigarette on their health any more than we should worry about the higher pollution levels you get living in a city, or the crap they eat at Nan's house.

As for people not liking it, well, there aren't too many of us who would favour smoky air over clean air, but I appreciate that everyone enjoys themselves in different ways, and we can't expect everyone to enjoy themselves according to our own tastes. Especially not when there's 240,000 of them! Which is still, in itself, taking me a bit of getting my head around.

Way too much weed being smoked in the park with so many little kids about. I don't know how people can enjoy smoking that shit.

I agree it can get a bit much, but how do you feel about the amount being drunk, was that a concern for you? It is supposed to be a party, you know.

If people are getting out of hand around you, on whatever drug, I'd suggest its best to just move away.

As said I'm not arsed about fags but if you need a joint to enjoy today you're a sad bugger.

Change it around to our mainstream drug of choice... 'If you needed a beer to enjoy today you're a sad bugger'. See how stupid that sounds?

Dilly ding dilly dong. Wake up man, this the 21st century! Read some research on relative drug harms, do yourself a favour.

Anyway, this isn't really the time and the place for this, so I'll shut up and go to bed. Magic day, hopefully that is something we can all agree on.  :thumbup:

Watched parts of the parade on NBC here in Maui. Never felt so proud to be from Leicester!!! What a fantastic turnout and a perfect sunny day. The Ariel shots of Vicky park were just wow!!

We showed the world how to celebrate today.

Half the City smashed on booze and you're worried about a few people having a blaze? With all due respect, get educated dude. Weed ain't the substance you should be worried about.

I think the point was that there were lots of kids around, the same as you don't want your kids to inhale cigarette smoke, you don't want them to inhale weed, you wanna smoke then do it in your own space and don't impose it on others.

Anyways apart from that, an amazing day which will live in the memory of all fans. 250k!unbelievable Jeff!

Absolutely brilliant evening but so tired and have to go to work shortly!

Drove right into the city no problem and parked no problem. Straight to the park about 4.30 and got pretty near the front :) Amazing atmosphere! People throwing stuff and smoking weed mildly annoying with my 13 year old with me but I was expecting it. Also think it's quite rude to try to force your way to the front at 7pm when the people there have been waiting hours! But amazing evening, brilliant end to a brilliant season :)

Absolutely brilliant evening but so tired and have to go to work shortly!

Drove right into the city no problem and parked no problem. Straight to the park about 4.30 and got pretty near the front :) Amazing atmosphere! People throwing stuff and smoking weed mildly annoying with my 13 year old with me but I was expecting it. Also think it's quite rude to try to force your way to the front at 7pm when the people there have been waiting hours! But amazing evening, brilliant end to a brilliant season :)

Exactly this, it was a festival crowd wasn't it.

Fantastic day but reminded me why I give town a miss on Saturday night. I think passively inhaling all that weed may have eventually took the pain away from my feet though.

One of the lads who pushed in front of the young family next to me around 7 and then proceeded to relieve himself wasn't clever.

City fans, Lads on the lash, Girls there for Kasabian it was what it was.

Really glad I'm off today!

Had great day. Got there about half three and wasn't too far from the front.

Was amazed though to see the amount of people posting pictures on Facebook of them following the bus then somehow ending up nearer the stage then me. Saw one where they were at the curve, then London road, the right at the front of the crowd by the screen to left of the stage. I'm not bitter, I'm just amazed how they managed that?!? lol

Archived