Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

Wow what a day. Got to Victoria park with dominoes pizza and crates of beer at 2pm. Ran to the front barrier so got as close as I could. I was right in front of the screen on the left hand side. Cheerleaders and choir were really good and MistaJam did a great job keeping the spirits high.

My throat is hurting from all the singing. Memories to last a lifetime. The wife was a good un and picked us up from Marks Electrical. Walking there through town was mental chanting and people draping cars with a massive flag as they drove by lol .

Days like yesterday will forever stay in the memory! Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.

Not even getting so hammered I couldn't find the station, missing the last train back to London, sleeping outside the station, forking out £100 for a new ticket home and walking in at 8am still pissed (with work at 9!) could spoil it!

What a day!

Hope I can make it back for the start,

I have the day off but in Shrewbury in the morning and early afternoon seeing Wedding Suppliers, last appointment is at 1.30

Boo hoo. I'm in New Zealand.

Mental crowds around the city, I knew it would be big when we set out at 3pm and you couldn't even get on a bus and hundreds were stranded at bus stops going into the city.

Couple of minor gripes, thought the compere was a total life drainer... and could Leicester council feck off with the need to shoe horn in bangra or bollywood dancing into every event going. Nothing to do with Leicester City, it may as well have been morris dancers on the stage. Neither have the gospel chior, but at least they put a twist on it with the city songs.

Thought MisterJam did a really good job to try and keep everyone going who has been stood around for 6 or 7 hours.

Question for the people at VIccy Park - which were the best 'celebration' tracks the DJ played? You know - the ones that really fitted the title-winning mood. That Elbow track ('Throw those curtains wide...') was a good choice on the BBC clip I saw.

The PA system was atrocious towards the back of the park.

Tincy it had been common knowledge that Kasabian were playing for at least a week. They had rooms booked at the Hilton for last night for starters.

Walking into the park about 5pm someone told me that the park was a no smoking area. I just looked at her in disbelief lol lol

Brilliant day

Tincy it had been common knowledge that Kasabian were playing for at least a week. They had rooms booked at the Hilton for last night for starters.

Walking into the park about 5pm someone told me that the park was a no smoking area. I just looked at her in disbelief lol lol

Brilliant day

lol What a numpty

Brilliant day

Someone said that to me too. I just smiled and took an extra long drag.

Mental crowds around the city, I knew it would be big when we set out at 3pm and you couldn't even get on a bus and hundreds were stranded at bus stops going into the city.

Couple of minor gripes, thought the compere was a total life drainer... and could Leicester council feck off with the need to shoe horn in bangra or bollywood dancing into every event going. Nothing to do with Leicester City, it may as well have been morris dancers on the stage. Neither have the gospel chior, but at least they put a twist on it with the city songs.

Thought MisterJam did a really good job to try and keep everyone going who has been stood around for 6 or 7 hours.

But other than that are you quite happy Babs? :) Watch out for the PC brigade ha ha ha ha.

Completely ruined for me by the drunken moron who pissed up my back. I had to walk back to Oadby for a shower and a change of clothes before returning for my car.

If the cvnt is a member here, I hope your broken nose helps to modify your behaviour.

Completely ruined for me by the drunken moron who pissed up my back. I had to walk back to Oadby for a shower and a change of clothes before returning for my car.

If the cvnt is a member here, I hope your broken nose helps to modify your behaviour.

Really? Some people really are cvnts. A huge amount of people there yesterday blatantly didn't even support Leicester and we're there just for a "festival" which it was never supposed to be.

I was there up to about 5 until the DJ came on so decided to walk back up London Road to wait for the buses. When I saw how many people were coming I never went back to the park.

There were a group of lads on top of a bus shelter but I noticed none had City shirts on. They had a huge flag draped over though.

Would have liked to have seen Kasabian though but I felt a bit weary and did not fancy walking back then standing about for over a hour.

Babylon you do realise the compare is the Matchday announcer right? Not disagreeing with you but hardly like they could pick anyone else. He's a big fan, had his big moment, he was a little hit and miss but he was probably just as delirious as the rest of us.

What the actual ****??? lol

Archived