Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Bolasie/Troy Deeney

Just looking at the table, outside the relegated clubs only Everton & Chelsea haven't really had a "such a great season". I can't see it being either of those as neither have a manager.

I would add Swansea to that mix. They're short of strikers and only really have Eder, Ayew and Emnes as I think Gomis will be off.

I think some people are underestimating Deeney. We've had success signing players from abroad, but it's never a bad idea to sign a few premier league proven players. I think he'd compliment what we've got really well. I agree with what seems to be the general consensus about Bolasie though, we've built our success on players that are willing to graft. Not convinced he fits in with that. 

Deeney would be such a great signing I don't see why people can't see it. He fits in he system we have. He plays in a role we can improve on. He has done better in said role with better goalscoring and assist records. He works hard. He fits the demographic of the squad. He's in his prime years.

Just a case of people not liking him because he's called Troy Deeny.

Guest CityFan 06

This is a great post and makes a very salient point. Added to all the usual considerations about players we target is their ability (and willingness) to improve under the tutelage of Ranieri and our coaching staff. How lucky we are to have such an astute scouting and management team to be able to mkke these judgements.

This is it you see. Players in current PL teams (in this case Bolasie and Deeney) would improve here I reckon. Ranieri and his coaching/management team have already shown that they can really improve players and their abilities. I'm not talking just since Ranieri's arrival, but even before that, players such as Drinkwater, Morgan and Vardy have all improved and become better players since being with a club with quality, sound, management staff. When CR came he added his own skills and experience to an already excellent coaching department. 

Deeney would be such a great signing I don't see why people can't see it. He fits in he system we have. He plays in a role we can improve on. He has done better in said role with better goalscoring and assist records. He works hard. He fits the demographic of the squad. He's in his prime years.

Just a case of people not liking him because he's called Troy Deeney.

This. I was saying back in December when people were debating whether we should play Leo or Shinji upfront with Vardy, that I thought Deeney would be one hell of a partner for Vardy. Not only that, I think he'd do a pretty good job of leading the line if Vardy was injured/suspended.

Just a case of people not liking him because he's called Troy Deeny.

For me Deeney is an upgrade on Okazaki.

The question is though is Deeney the best player we can get in this position?

I'm sure we could do better for what is a position that is so important and should be the position of one of the best players in the team. I would prefer to see our Summer marquee signing filling this position.

For me Deeney is an upgrade on Okazaki.

The question is though is Deeney the best player we can get in this position?

I'm sure we could do better for what is a position that is so important and should be the position of one of the best players in the team. I would prefer to see our Summer marquee signing filling this position.

Name one, then. You won't find a player with the experience, record, work rate, personal character and quality as Deeney as a complete package. The signing of Huth shows that the best solution is sometimes the one staring you in the face.

Guest CityFan 06

now that flores has fooked off he may use it as an excuse to be unsettled and leave...

This came to me as well. He seems a loyal player so if Watford already have a manager replacement lined up, he might see if he's in the plans first, then if he's not he will then look at Leicester/other clubs.

That's what I think will happen, but if we offer the right all round deal that might be enough for him to come anyway.

Looking at stats - Deeney 12 goals, 7 assists (playing most the season as more of a number 10 behind Igahlo. Average tackles made 1.3, interceptions 0.4.

Our number 10 for most of the season Okazaki, 5 goals, 0 assists. Average tackles made 1.1, interceptions 0.4.

Love Shinji, his workrate is phenomonal and we should 100% keep him, but as another option Deeney makes sense.

Looking at stats - Deeney 12 goals, 7 assists (playing most the season as more of a number 10 behind Igahlo. Average tackles made 1.3, interceptions 0.4.

Our number 10 for most of the season Okazaki, 5 goals, 0 assists. Average tackles made 1.1, interceptions 0.4.

Love Shinji, his workrate is phenomonal and we should 100% keep him, but as another option Deeney makes sense.

Then add number of aerial duals won to those stats and we see deeney is the complete monster

Deeney may well suit our style of play, but I wouldn't be proud of him being an LCFC player based on his jail sentence and some other offences.

Dear lord!!! Let's bin off vardy as well then....not one for second chances no?

Then add number of aerial duals won to those stats and we see deeney is the complete monster

6.2 aerial duels won per game (or slightly more than Ulloa, Okazaki and Vardy combined). Anyone who thinks he couldn't do a job for us hasn't seen what he can do. If we won't sign players who finished below us in the league, we're going to have trouble recruiting this year.

Can't imagine if any of the usual top four had won the league this year that they would be looking at the likes of Deeney  so why should we ? he's not good enough for a championship winning side.

Can't imagine if any of the usual top four had won the league this year that they would be looking at the likes of Deeney  so why should we ? he's not good enough for a championship winning side.

Because we aren't those teams. Winning the league doesn't change that. He's better than some of the players we already have, so by definition he is good enough for a championship winning team. 

Archived